What Do you Want to See?

gapertimmy

How about a Technology Forum (or some other title)? There are a lot of smart people here and it would be nice to have a place to ask/discuss computer/math/technology under one roof.

A Tech forum would fill a gap between the Cafe and Spray (the Pirate forum can go away IMO...I get it, but it's pretty quiet there) and allow a place to talk about this stuff without it getting muddy in Spray.

I also realize this is a climbing site...but we seem to have violated that rule a long time ago.

I know there are a lot of other places on teh net, but I like coming here. Why go anywhere else? :brew:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys need to add something like a google calendar that everyone can post on that is looking for a partner for a particular day/weekend/etc etc. I think it would make it easier to find a partner for something as one could look at just a date instead of 20 or so posts. One could also use it for carpooling.

???

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Perhaps a designated "Kids" section, down below the Pirate forum. We have Kevbones "for the fathers" down in the kindness section, a special kid section in the yard sale forum, and have people asking general kid questions throughout the other forums. Now have a guy seeking climbing partners with kids in the Partner area.

Seems like it would be cleaner to just put it all in one "spray free" Kid Section

Just my thoughts.

Eric

Perhaps a designated "Kids" section, down below the Pirate forum. We have Kevbones "for the fathers" down in the kindness section, a special kid section in the yard sale forum, and have people asking general kid questions throughout the other forums. Now have a guy seeking climbing partners with kids in the Partner area.

Seems like it would be cleaner to just put it all in one "spray free" Kid Section

Just my thoughts.

Eric

+1

+2

I have tried getting a whole forum for kids already. It would need to be heavily moderated to keep idiot posts out.

Thoughts are that it could include

GEAR

KID TR'S

KID EXERCISES

KID TIPS

KID USED STUFF FOR SALE

KID EQUIPMENT RECOMMENDATIONS

etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see a big black box covering half the screen when I go to the homepage. I have to do an end run around it(by clicking on a trip report at the bottom of the page) to get into the forums(everything else is blocked by the black box of death).

This just started this afternoon....

:wazup:

Edited by Sherri