my opinion is the best

layton

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The resume looks ok, but it really needs some work. Let me know if you'd like me to help you edit it into something workable. Try to focus on the things that you've done that are actually meaningful.

is it comprable to NOLSe's??? I want some clout, dammit!

Come on layton, you can't just come out and say that, you have to slip it in along with some big-name climbers' names and talk about the gear they used on routes you'll never do.

Maybe some additional spray about the strain being a day hike for grannies would help your cause too. It's only 5.9, and with the right windshirt, maybe 5.8+

Shit. Cut off windshirts? Where can I buy a cut windshirt? Which one is the lightest? Shall I seam tape the cuts to prevent the fabric from running? Is using a cut off windshirt okay if you're climbing mixed with spurs or do you need more than holes in your garment to be climbing "bareback?"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! All that research to do again.

drC

Come on layton, you can't just come out and say that, you have to slip it in along with some big-name climbers' names and talk about the gear they used on routes you'll never do.

Maybe some additional spray about the strain being a day hike for grannies would help your cause too. It's only 5.9, and with the right windshirt, maybe 5.8+

True Dat. Its the thinly veiled attempt at subtlety that makes NOLSE's chestbeating so unparralelled.

After all this talk about windshirts, I'm starting to get interested in this technology. Has anyone done any studies as to how much time you can save by going with one windshirt over another? Which windshirt manufacturer is most honest with their listed wieght? Has anyone put their windshirt on a postage stamp scale and got the real goods on this? Are there "wind pants" to wear if you decided to wear shorts instead of pants to save weight? These are the questions I need asked before I'm going to add this technology to my alpine toolset. Micheal, if you can answer these questions, we can get on with installing the proper amount of due respect you've been pleaing for.

Are there "wind pants" to wear if you decided to wear shorts instead of pants to save weight?

Not sure about wind pants but I have a pair of wind panties that are really light. I saved lots of time on my forrest park hikes in them. You will not find them in outdoor stores though. A guy on one of my NOLSE classes told me that the best place to get them is at "Fantasy Clothing"

Edited by barjor