• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sisu" is my favorite.

P.1- 5.11d+++ sceary 5.10 mantle!!!

P.2- 5.10b+++?

P.3- 5.10c+++?

P.4- 5.11a+++?

P.5- 5.10 belay move (don't combine pitches!)

P.6- 5.11a+++?

P.7- 5.8?

Rap off sport wall like D.H/L.A. or T.C.

Overall, it is very enjoyable and I am greatful to have such a wonderful and challenging multipitch route in our area.

[ 08-27-2002, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: Crackbolter ]

Erik, are you talking about the first pitch of Beetle Bailey, perhaps? I believe Confetti is in the corner system to the left, and rarely done. Beetle Bailey is the short pitch, front and center, with a bouldery move to a mantel followed by the power-lieback with sketchy feet.

Smith Rock:

- 12b, Crossfire

- 13a, Churning

- 13a, Darkness at Noon

- 11a, Magic Light

- 10c, Morning Sky (best 10c)

- 12d, Kings of Rap

- 10a, Light on the Path (Awesome)

- 12b, Vision (deserves propah respect)

- 11b, Vomit Launch

Little Si:

- 12b, Technorignie

- 12d, Californiacator

Red Rocks

- 12a, Fear and Loathing

- 11d, Yak crack

My favorite sport is climbing. Clipping my way up a monotonously bolted rock doesn't feel very sporting and one could argue that it isn't climbing at all (or at least that it has more in common with toproping than real leading). Not trying to sound condescending here, just trying to understand why somebody would put all of that effort into bolting(littering) when the result isn't going to be a real lead.

quote:

Originally posted by pope:

My favorite sport is climbing. Clipping my way up a monotonously bolted rock doesn't feel very sporting and one could argue that it isn't climbing at all (or at least that it has more in common with toproping than real leading). Not trying to sound condescending here, just trying to understand why somebody would put all of that effort into bolting(littering) when the result isn't going to be a real lead.

For someone who's not trying to sound condescending, you're sounding pretty condescending. The Doctor sees why you and the Dwaynepipe get along so well [Razz] . Given said similarity with Dwayno, Dr. Flash Amazing will likewise avoid the time-wasting sport/anti-sport with you, and instead go home seeking alcohol.

quote:

Hah! You're back! How did the sw(?) face of half-dome go?

BTW, you can't always set up a toprope without access to the top of the cliff, and you can't always access the top of the cliff with trad pro. Hence, sportclimbing is born! Also, on many routes, an attempt with a toprope would lead to some serious swings, with dangerous potentials. X rated topropes! More serious than many trad leads! Maybe you're on to something here....

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

Dr. Flash Amazing will likewise avoid the time-wasting sport/anti-sport with you, and instead go home seeking alcohol.[/QB]

CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION.....Sport doggin' and booze hounding don't mix! You'll get fat, son. Put the six-pack back and get your six-pack back.

quote:

Hah! You're back! How did the sw(?) face of half-dome go?

....[/QB]

With only six days and feeling a little out of shape, I went to Squamish instead. Fun in the sun rock work/hiking. Some little puke made a mess out of my door lock one night.

quote:

Hmm....gee, I don't know, Pope, maybe because it's FUN, and it makes us HAPPY?

Here's to appropriately placed bolts, preferably of the FAT variety! [rockband]

quote:

Originally posted by allison:

quote:

Hmm....gee, I don't know, Pope, maybe because it's FUN, and it makes us HAPPY?

Here's to appropriately placed bolts, preferably of the FAT variety!
[rockband]
Are we confusing happiness with narcissism? You'll get equal pleasure, adventure and sense of accomplishment from a toprope, without the mess left on a typical sport route.

quote:

Are we confusing happiness with narcissism? You'll get equal pleasure, adventure and sense of accomplishment from a toprope, without the mess left on a typical sport route.

No.

Mess?

Now don't start on me about how the bolts are a major incursion, or I'll start in on how trails are an even bigger incursion, and how if you are anti-bolts, then you should be anti-trails. I bent Dwayner's ear about this pretty bad a few months back.

Oh and for what it's worth, the satisfaction of completing a climb on lead, even on bolts, is different. Don't be too judgemental of the experiences of others.

[ 08-27-2002, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: allison ]

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

Don't misinterpret sport-climber utterances (an easy thing to do). Screaming, wailing, grunting, and hollering are all variously translated as "this route's swell," "what an intriguing sequence," "my goodness, what a long deadpoint to such a jingus sloping edge," and "fuck, this shit's hard!"

what sportclimber screaming and cursing means:

waaaa i am a spoiled baby

i got a run in my lycra

hey look at me on this hard climb

i dont suck its my belayer that does - thats why i keep falling here

i am trying a climb way too hard for me to impress chix

my stick clip broke and i will have to climb to the next bolt

the battery on the redpoint laser is dead and i doint know which handhold to reach for next

someone put a pumpkin in the big hold on toxic

a 15 year old girl climbs better than i ever will