Official 4th Annual Rope Up

AlpineK

I have just reserved the Bridge Creek Group site for

Friday Oct 1st through Sunday Oct 3rd

We'll provide more details as things progress (we're making it up as we go along)

Right now expect a fun group get together. Camping, climbing, beer, campfire.

fruit.gifrockband.gifbigdrink.gif

One thing that's come up is the idea of a service project. It seems like a good idea, but the last 3 years the service project has never really worked out that well. If somebody is enthusiastic about the idea of a service project and wants to volunteer to put in some time to make it happen then contact either jon or me.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saturday evening entertainment.

Othere than socializing there's going to be some video entertainment.

We plan on getting a copy of Vertical Limit and showing it that evening. Also I may have a line on some cool 8 mil movies of skiing and climbing.

bigdrink.gif

i promise to show up in a thong if the prana top girlz promise to stuff it full of $10s

Dru...you're insinuating that there would be alot of ROOM in that thong for us to stuff $10 bills in....have you ever seen a thong? Don't be so hard on yourself wink.gif Now...a purple leopard skin speedo.... tongue.gif Oh Baby!

In the past few days a small number of people have asked various moderators strikingly similar questions related to safety liability issues and drinking at the Rope-Up events.

In all the dozen or so major events organized by various users of this website (Fall and Winter rope-ups, smith fest, sausages-and-slides etc.) these issues have never come up before. Neither as concerns voiced prior to the event, nor as 'lessons-learned' after the fact. So it is puzzling why they should become the issue-du-jour now.

To clarify: cascadeclimbers.com is a bulletin board on a website where individuals may organize activities. It is neither a guide service nor a bar. It is a space on the internet where people with a common interest in climbing in the PNW can communicate with each other.

I would feel pretty fucking awful if someone got hurt climbing, or someone went a bit too wild and got hurt `partying'. I will keep an eye out that my friends are in control - and I hope that they keep an eye out for me.

If you need things spelled out more clearly than that, maybe you should re-assess whether or not you are comfortable attending any event that is being organized on a voluntary basis by other people who post to this website. You are 100% welcome to NOT attend.

If you do wish to attend then that's awesome, it will be a fun time to meet, climb and hang-out.

What fern is trying to say is:

If there are any ferns growing around the camparty site you are not allowed to step on them. Dya hear? No stepping on da ferns! No pissing on da ferns either, for that matter.

Other than that, spray away...

k. help me out...what the heck is a 4th annual rope up? Can noobies go? I can't make it friday night (hosting a murder mystery party at my place...anyone wanna come? I need more actors!!) But I can definately head that way come Saturday morning...if of course...noobies are welcome! Please advise! Thanks Marie