Climbers 4 Kerry does not represent me

Cpt.Caveman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

moon.gif me neither!

and infiltrating the NA wall.... not good form

They're not going to be hogging the route. Nor will they be fixing ropes from bottom to top and let any leftie weenie jug it. Folks who are competent (myself not included) will be climbing it, whether they are with C4K or not. If they are not with C4K, someone from C4K may offer them some paraphernalia to take with them on their ascent.

That's what I gather from reading the C4K site. And kudos to the gang going down to the Valley for offering to do some garbage cleanup.

moon.gif me neither!

and infiltrating the NA wall.... not good form

They're not going to be hogging the route. Nor will they be fixing ropes from bottom to top and let any leftie weenie jug it. Folks who are competent (myself not included) will be climbing it, whether they are with C4K or not. If they are not with C4K, someone from C4K may offer them some paraphernalia to take with them on their ascent.

From Commies 4 kerry dot com.

Climb The North American Wall On El Capitan

We're going to take back North America by sending a constant stream of climbers up this wall in September - join the fun!!

smirk.gif

Not to mention smashing pitons in a clean route wazzup.gif

C4K is encouraging everybody to climb, but you are responsible for yourself. You need to be prepared for your climb, including equipment and experience. C4K will not provide any equipment or additional support.

In order to reduce the impact on the NA Wall, C4K will preplace the required fixed gear (about 5 pieces). You will still need additional gear to supplement or replace missing gear. Follow the equipment guidelines for the route! Following this drive, C4K will remove any gear that we placed.

Please plan on starting from the ground up. Please do not plan on fixing ropes - once you start climbing, plan on being on the wall.

Portaledges are a must!

Bring poop tubes!! Don't plan on throwing your waste off the wall!

Be safe and have fun!!

There you have the contest rules. It sounds at least somewhat responsible, but I would probably change my plans if I was going to climb the NA wall.

It doesn't sound like the kind of thing I would be into, but if it pisses off those republicans who wish they had a climbers4bush organization I'm all for that.

This is stupid. Yep, "let's force our opinion on people and close down a route so we'll get attention, because we are more important than you are." What bullshit. These people are so fucking self-important it makes me sick. I know all you fucking liberals think YOU and YOU ALONE know what's best for America, but you can all fuck off. All you're saying is that you are an elitist because your desire to feel good about yourself by staging an obnoxious demonstration is more important than someone else's desire to climb. What do you think this says to a couple of climbers who have made plans for months, and taken precious time off from work and their families, to come climb the NA Wall? Pester people at Camp 4, hand out leaflets at the boulders, whatever; don't clog routes for your personal agenda (and, yes, it is YOUR PERSONAL AGENDA). Keep it off the rock.

Greg_W

I know all you fucking liberals think YOU and YOU ALONE know what's best for America

This applies at least equally, and probably even more so, to the right, particularly since they cozied up to the evangelicals.

For the most part Greg, I agree...cloggin' a route and politicizing it is fuckin lame. The one somewhat positive aspect is that at least they chose the NA Wall, and not a popular and/or good route. Not many people make big time plans to make a special trip just to do the NA, and if they end up changing their plans because of these political jokers, they will probably end up on a better route anyway.

If they tried that shit on Mescalito, PO, or the Shield, they'd get lynched. Either way, all their posturing and bullshit is going to do is piss off some climbers and make the C4K people feel like they are doing something useful to promote their candidate...which is laughable. As if anyone gives a shit who some group of dirtbag hippie liberal climbers want in the White House.

I know all you fucking liberals think YOU and YOU ALONE know what's best for America

This applies at least equally, and probably even more so, to the right, particularly since they cozied up to the evangelicals.

It applies to each end of the political spectrum and all points in-between.

These people are so fucking self-important it makes me sick. I know all you fucking conservatives think YOU and YOU ALONE know what's best for America, but you can all fuck off. All you're saying is that you are elitist because of your desire to feel good about yourself by challenging legislation enacted by the voters of the state of Oregon (Death with Dignity) is more important than states rights. Not to mention teaching creationism, etc

ooooh the hypocrisy!

Greg, if you support the current administration, I'll call you a hypocrite. While I won't say that the left is completely innocent of elitism, the neo-conservatives running this country are so full of it, it's scary. You complain about C4K forcing their opinion on you, yet look at the current administration. For example, they want to ban gay marriage because *THEY THINK IT'S WRONG*, which is purely their opinion, not an actual truth. The difference between C4K and the current administration is that you can ignore C4K, whereas the current administration actually has the power to pass laws.

If you support the current administration (which in your defense you haven't actually said in this post,) you are a hypocrite for complaining about these issues with C4K.

Jim,

Since you are just bent on attacking my posts just bring a personal touch and send them to me only.

I'm sure I can fix your disrespectful remarks the second we would meet. Nobody else here need be interested.

I dont have anything to say about Jim McCarthy or Donini. I could care less at this time.

nopity.gif