Meteor last night.

Bug

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Space aliens? How's your butt?

i am uncomfortable with your presumed familiarity with me. i request that you refrain from using sexual innuendos in my presence. failure to provide the appropriate level of respect in the workplace may result in termination of your employment. asshole. the_finger.gif

That's what that was?! Yeah I got woken up by a rumble or something (you know how that is, when you get woken out of a deep sleep, you know something woke you up, but the details are pretty fuzzy). I was sure enough that it was something as I got up and walked around and made sure everything was where it should be.

Crazy!

Space aliens? How's your butt?

i am uncomfortable with your presumed familiarity with me. i request that you refrain from using sexual innuendos in my presence. failure to provide the appropriate level of respect in the workplace may result in termination of your employment. asshole. the_finger.gif

No familiarity or sexual innuendos intended. Threat duely noted. Goodbye.

Hoax? (Not the Butt inuendo, thats real I just read it)

Published: June 03, 2004 12:20 PM EST

NEW YORK Associated Press editors were forced to retract an earlier report that a meteorite might have hit near Olympia, Wash., this morning after discovering that a source, one Bradley Hammermaster, claiming to be an astronomy professor, had perpetrated a hoax.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000524192

Maybe ya all heard swamp gas? That might explain the Butt inuendo too: cheeburga_ron.gif

On the news this morning, people were calling in from Salem to Bellingham who had seen a bright flash and a firey ball descending. The one from Salem said it was greenish. The one from Duvall said it was yellowish orange. Both said it took about three seconds to disappear. That suggests it was moving pretty slow realative to a meteor.

When I saw a Russian sattellite came down in 84, it was purple and flaming. Other people who were not on drugs concurred.

Are you sure you don't mean 94 Bug? I saw one of those events while out walking in Olympia with friends after dinner. Winter night, but clear, and we had an excellent view of about 7 twinkling masses of varied size slowly cross the horizon. Really freaked out the drunk sitting along on a bench, he wanted to make sure we'd seen it too. yellaf.gif News afterwards claimed it was a Russian satellite.

Edit: A little searching reveals it was November 1997. Here's a link from a questionable source (ufoinfo.com yellaf.gif), but the descriptions of the event are as I remember, including the claim it went down in the Pacific despite the fact it was still well above the horizon as it disappeared east.

Edited by Off_White

Driving back to Portland from Smith Rock one really cloudy night in the summer of 1999, I was in the Warm Springs area when a meteor streaked through the clouds right above me. I watched it breakup into 4 pieces and disappear over the horizon. It left a glowing tail that lasted 3-4 seconds and stretched across about one-quarter of the visible sky. I wonder if I could have heard anything if I wasn't in a car.

It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

I woke my girlfriend (now ex) up, but not in time for her to see it, so she thinks I'm crazy. She might have other reasons besides the meteor story for thinking that. cantfocus.gif