• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Mountie

Mountie Alert - Icicle Canyon April 17-18

Just a heads up, the Everett Mountaineers will be running their Rock 2 field trip in Icicle Creek this weekend.

We run this field trip once a year. We'll have top rope anchors set up at Barney's Rubble, Bruce's Boulder, Roto Wall, Lower Clamshell and Alphabet Rock. We don't claim ownership over the routes, and we'll try to be accomodating. If you spy a route that's unoccupied, ask the station leader. Chances are we'll pull one of our ropes.

Alphabet Rock - is that really appropriate for a mountie class?

Just remember Mountie, lead, follow, or get out of the way. If I spy a route that I like, I'll be leading it. I won't be asking any 'station leader' for permission. Its not ok to drape top ropes over every available route and claim them for the day.

Actually I hope to eventually redpoint a 5.6. My wife and I will be camping and climbing in Leavenworth for the weekend, so I was hoping to do a tour of the easy, accessible routes.

Edited by danielpatricksmith

Somebody better let willstrickland know... lord knows he is always looking for more Mountie thread material. Maybe he could capture some video...

I wonder if blue blocker man will be making an appearance… How cool would it be to get a photo with him?

Just a heads up, the Everett Mountaineers will be running their Rock 2 field trip in Icicle Creek this weekend.

Take lotsa pictures. Post on website cool.gifthumbs_up.gif

Dan-

I did the same with my wife a couple of wekends ago. Don't bother going to Playground Point- I thought it looked perfect (all under 5.8) and far enough from the road so that it wouldn't be crowded. Fun, with a pretty spot in the Canyon, but all are under 40-50.'

I have heard from a little bird that the Mounties will also be doing some easy multipitch. Routes mentioned were: Chicken Gulley/The Cave, R&D, Midway, Saber, etc.

Just an FYI

Mountie, thanks for the heads up. But please also update the climbing schedule you provide on this website you guys have:

http://larch.forest.net/mountaineers/FMPro?-Db=Trips98_.fp4&-Format=trip_schedule.htm&-View

I am trying to be accomodating to you by avoiding the areas you have scheduled. I know other people use this too to avoid you the Mountie groups. When I do a search for April 2004 your group does not have the Icicle Creek area scheduled.

I believe the climb schedule the Mountaineers post is very helpful. Please keep it updated.

I am trying to be accomodating to you by avoiding the areas you have scheduled. I know other people use this too to avoid you the Mountie groups.

tee hee the_finger.gif

I am trying to be accomodating to you by avoiding the areas you have scheduled. I know other people use this too to avoid you the Mountie groups.

the_finger.gif Mounties