Nominations for the Snaffies

snugtop

In my brief tenure as a poster on cc.com, I've noticed that folks here like to talk about themselves quite a bit. Seems like cc.com is due some awards...The Snaffies! Here are some categories:

Best Avatar

Best Thread

Most Annoying thread (my vote's for the Nodder)

Best Trip Report

Best Mountie thread

Best WTF thread

Best Political thread

Best Bolting thread

Best Troll

Best Photoshopped Image

Best Comeback (from the banned)...

Lifetime Achievement Award

and last but not least, Best Picture.

And the nominees are...?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru, 5000 posts. yelrotflmao.gif

Some of my nominations:

Best Avatar image (for the guys): either Lummox's

8320.gif or Harpell's one of the girl in white showing her butt. grin.gif

Best Photoshop job (and former avatar image) has got to be Thinker's mug before he got plastic surgery:

kiss5.jpg

I'm with you, snugtop, on the most annoying thread nomination. Although, if it is so annoying, how come I see you post into it? Hmmm?

Best Thread: one of my faves was the Shitlist Thread started by Doolittle, I mean Necromonicon, about eight months ago. Others will no doubt go with the old standby of Muir on Saturday

Best Trip Report: why, any of mine, of course. cool.gif

Best Troll: Amber or any reincarnation thereof. Where's trask when you need him? cry.gif

Best Picture: the one of someone climbing in Leavenworth that got taken down because of lude commentary. moon.gif

Muir on saturday and the Learn Slab from experienced Instructors threads are the best ever.

iains Joshua Tree album with mustache rider, and whoever put adventuregal climbing cerro torre (was italpinfox?) are some good photoshop thumbs_up.gif

The Nodder thread gets better every time someone complains they dont understand it or its boring yellaf.gif

for your consideration:

Best comeback from the banned - mikeadam to tele_nut, complete with online personality overhaul

Was Miss Normandy really a troll? Amber was the original I'm-not-really-a-girl-I-just-play-one-on-the-internet troll, and that was pretty good, but I think Sweet Granite In Renton was one of the all time best.

Best Troll: Sweet Granite in Renton

Best Avatar: I always kind of liked "Smokey McPot." Thinker's avatar pic was awesome.

Best Thread? There's been too many to count.

Cavey and GlasgowKiss get my vote for best comeback from the banned. Both of them retain some of their original "flavor" but they are playing ball now rather than simply throwing bombs.

In my brief tenure as a poster on cc.com, I've noticed that folks here like to talk about themselves quite a bit. Seems like cc.com is due some awards...The Snaffies! Here are some categories:

Best Avatar: Mine ofcourse

Best Thread:Muir On Saterday

Most Annoying thread (my vote's for the Nodder):nodder

Best Trip Report: Texplorer and Terminal Gravity's epic

Best Mountie thread:?? mountie threds are boring

Best WTF thread:too many to count

Best Political thread:NO WAY

Best Bolting thread:ask dwayner

Best Troll: Amber or sweeet granit in renton

Best Photoshopped Image: Distle on horse cock

Best Comeback (from the banned)...MikeAdom to telle nut

Lifetime Achievement Award: Dru

and last but not least, Best Picture. what ever on Mikeys poll

And the nominees are...?

whoever put adventuregal climbing cerro torre (was italpinfox?) are some good photoshop thumbs_up.gif

I've been nominated for a SNAFFIE!!! Oh, I'm so honored! I'm just all aflutter! I never thought this would happen, it's just a dream come true! I can't thank you all enough.

I'd like to thank the academy... and, papa and mama alpinfox, and... oh... damn where are my notes...

1826adgrl5.gif

Best (most entertaining) TR: Unkle Trikster's Stranger than Friction or that one about the thunderstorm at the UW rock (link anyone?) yellaf.gif

Favorite threads: So many! but "Quotes About Climbing" is definitely a favorite. thumbs_up.gif

Edited by Alpinfox