music you listen to

lummox

i am setting up 'zero 7' 'nightmares on wax' and 'greyboy allstars' in heavy rotation for my music listening pleasureness. a little 'maxwell' when i want to make some magic with my lady. 'joe satriani' and 'lake trout' and a little from beastie boys 'theinsoundfromthewayout' while i navigate the metropolis.

fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

wtf yall listen to?

wave.gifwave.gifwave.gif

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drivetime is for Archenemy, pure driving death metal with a female vocalist - rockband.gif.

Some downhome New Orleans blues on the computer to keep me from going postal at work.

Drive home to some soothing Nevermore - nice pure metal from Ballard. thumbs_up.gif See you at Goofy's, Warrel.

I listen to everything, except opera, most top40, and country.

Lately been listening to alot of hardcore and electronica.

Fugazi

Hatebreed

Slipknot

Kittie (them girls rock)

Paul Oakenfold

Amon Tobin

Dave Ralph (trance series)

Roots

Outkast

and the list goes on..........

Zero 7 Simple Things is a great album

Currently in rotation:

Meat Beat Manifesto - In Dub

Caia - The Magic Dragon

Old 97's - Fight Songs

The Crystal Method - Legion of Boom

Beth Orton - Central Reservation

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction

Ricardo Lemvo & Mackina Loca - Mambo Yo Yo

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85-92

Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five

Right now I'm listening to Yonder Mountain String Band, recorded at the The Moore, Seattle, on Nov 1 2003.

Definitely the best show of the three times I've seen Yonder. I love having recordings of the shows you go to! Makes them that much better!

But later when I'm going climbing I have a mix cd set up for rotation: Some Leomoon, Living Legends, Crystal Method, propellar heads, and other crazy songs. Quite a good climbing mix.

Outkast

The Crystal Method - Legion of Boom

Dan the Automator

Pearl Jam - Lost Dogs

Jedi Mind Tricks - Visions of Ghandi

People Under the Stairs - ....Or Stay Tuned

Chemical Brothers - Come With Us

Hieroglyphics - Full Circle

J-Live - This guy fucking kicks serious ass!!

Puddle of Mudd - Life on Display

There is still hope for rock! It is refreshing to hear the tried and true guitar, bass, and drums -- no raprock, spinning and scratching djs, synth keyboards, background singers, orchestration, or other superfluous crap to get in the way. From aggressive and pissed off to hopeful and optimistic, they cover it all. The lyrics are emotional and intelligent without being sappy. The music is raw and powerful. And the production is amazing, so it only sounds better with volume!

Rock on! thumbs_up.gif

The Herbaliser: Herbal Blend, The Solid Steel BBC sessions

Automaton: JIHAD - Points of Order

Neil Young: Greendale

UNKLE: Never Never Land

Dj Spooky Tha Subliminal Kid: 1) Dubtometry and 2) Modern Mantra

Elevator Through: Vague Premonition

The Residents: Demons Dance Alone

Oooooo! Another 'I am so cool 'cause my music is the shizzle cutting edge.' Yeah, and the covers. I can't think of a better use of bandwidth.

The music one chooses to listen to does not make them any more or less cool than the next person. If just one person gets turned on to some new music because of this thread, than the usage of time and bandwidth has not been in vain.

I spent a gift card on the AC/DC '91 live album this morning. Rock your socks off! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Someone gave me Hank Williams Jr.s newest CD recently and it's actually ok. Some of his recent work has been blah but he's got a great rendition of Jerry Reed's "Amos Moses" and a remake of "Devil in the Bottle" ironically right after "Can't we all get a longneck". thumbs_up.gif