funny movies

RobBob

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try Freaky Friday. It wasn't as good (or as bad) as it could've been, but it's certainly a family friendly film.

I really liked Stuart Saves his Family

"You'll laugh because it's not your family. You'll cry because it is."

The Guru

Also, pretty hokey, but gets a B from me for the effort. The very little sexual content might disqualify it for the kiddies, tho'...

Too bad Intolerable Cruelty isn't out yet... I thought that was hilarious! But again, definately a NOT for all families.

A CHINESE GHOST STORY. The Hong Kong "Princess Bride".

Come to think of it Princess Bride is good too.

And don't forget some seasonal weirdness with THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS

Oh yeah, another superfunny one is Down By Law dir. Jim Jarmusch, starring Roberto Begnini, Tom Waits and Keith Carradine...anything with Begnini is good but this one is extra good!

Python, of course, but take another look at the old Bob Hope and Bing Crosby road flicks. "Road to Morocco" is my favorite.

Disclaimer! Carefully place your post-modern political correctness on the shelf, as well as your faux off-the-rack coolness on the shelf--they'll be safe there. Watch the road movies alone if you have to! Open a few brews and just enjoy some hammy, silly acting with some great tunes to boot.

Jonathan Pryce

Isn't it about time for mockumentary night? A Mighty Wind was funny, Best In Show was funnier, and Waiting For Guffman was hilarious, but no movie is funnier on purpose than This Is Spinal Tap .

You can't go wrong with A Fish Called Wanda. If you're looking for smarty-smart flicks, Adaptation, Rushmore, or Welcome to the Dollhouse are some quirky and funny shit.

It's been a while since I've seen any of them, but there are some great old comedies Alec Guinness made for Ealing Studios that are well worth dusting off. "The Lady Killers," "The Lavender Hill Mob," "The Man in the White Suit" and "Kind Hearts and Coronets" are all classics.

All excellent movies! Esp. "The Lavender Hill Mob". Kind Hearts is definitely one of the more unique acting acheivments.