Jens

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jens said:

What's your favorite crag? Not necessarily the best crag, but the one that you consider your "special place" here in the PNW. I don't mean area, but instead crag.

Jens Klubberud

it would have to be This Is Your Brain at Cheakamus Canyon. The beautiful scenic vistas of highway mayhem in one direction, and Tantalus Range in the other.... the funky ripples... the weird pro.... the spaced bolts... the half assed scrub job.... the death march approach and sketchy 3rd class to the base... you this crag has it all! come and visit! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Exfoliation Dome in Darrington. It has lots of the attributes that Dru described for his Cheakamus Canyon entry, but in a good way:

a deadly approach with sketchy third class, weird ripply rock, weird pro, spaced bolts, half-assed scrubbing, mountain views, and (no highway) logging and mining scars.

chuckp4.jpg

I'd have to pick the crag in my front yard because, well, it's in my front yard. The climbing is good too, but it's like building your house on a trout stream or golf course (if those are your obsessions), the familiarity breeds a deep kind of love that in no way eclipses the joy of other adventures.

This may not be a real "crag" like Jens was thinking about, but for me I'd have to say Snoqualmie Pass. And yes, a big part of Sno Pass for me is The Tooth. When I get out, many times it's short notice. Heading up to Sno Pass is quick and I don't need a partner. Because I go there so much, I am becoming more and more familiar with the place, learning about lots of nooks and crannies. That makes it feel like my "special place".

Went up to Red Mountain yesterday. Did the Stoney Red Slabs route, no snow on the slabs, but snow mostly everywhere else at that elevation. Did some good trundling too evils3d.gif. Heading up to the summit was postholing in crusty snow shocked.gif. Crazy man! I bet there's a ton more snow up there now.

257432-slab3.jpg.cdc153554378187ee615b963fa1fdd7f.jpg

MisterE said:

Lower Town Wall

rockband.giffruit.gifhellno3d.gifmadgo_ron.gifrockband.giffruit.gifhellno3d.gifmadgo_ron.gifboxing_smiley.gifwazzup.gifcry.gifmoon.gifpitty.gifsmileysex5.gifcantfocus.gifconfused.gifshocked.giftongue.gifmad.giffrown.gifblush.gifthe_finger.gifmushsmile.gifhahaha.gif

whole lotta madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifand a whole lotta thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif at the same time ads up to a whole lotta smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif and a few crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif when the day's done...

LTW is a great crag, but my heart goes w/ toe-dancing on the compressed-peanut butter/mud pile!!! SMIFF is the place!