Interesting perspective on modern sexual politics

dryad

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JayB said:

They [cc] can give me shit, I don't care. I know they can't even boulder v2. -Distel, at SG

Thread Drift:

My boy can crank. Anyone getting on 12c's after climbing for all of 13 months gets props from me. thumbs_up.gif

:o that kid can crank!!!! I was there watching and they didn't even post a picture of his best move.. Distle and whirly are both awsome crag buddies thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

JayB said:

They [cc] can give me shit, I don't care. I know they can't even boulder v2. -Distel, at SG

Thread Drift:

My boy can crank. Anyone getting on 12c's after climbing for all of 13 months gets props from me. thumbs_up.gif

:o that kid can crank!!!! I was there watching and they didn't even post a picture of his best move.. Distle and whirly are both awsome crag buddies thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif distels not bad for a boulderboy wink.gif you're right, his best move wasn't posted (not that i have a pic to post) #3 was a pretty good crag buddy too. even distel's prana babe was pretty cool cool.gifthumbs_up.gif

YAY thread drift! fruit.gif

Figger_Eight said:

cracked said:

Distel's crankin! I just like that quote as it's a more subtle "fuck-you" to Dwayner-types than " the_finger.gif"

Cracked...you have absolutely no idea what Dwayner stands for or what he's talking about. rolleyes.gif

Take your Flintstone vitamins and go to bed.

yellowsleep.gif

Dwayner stated many, many times, very loudly and publicly, what he's talking about. I can condense his photo essays into a nice catch phrase for those of you who like to repeat his mindless spew. "SPORT CLIMBERS ARE GAY!" and that's about it.

Thanks for the reminder, I nearly forgot about those vitamins. Thanks, dad! wave.gif

WTF is happening to this place? A cc.com stalwart like Dwayner gets banned, and I have to read about his "mindless spew" from somebody who hasn't cranked out an interesting line---ever??

I think a bunch of you people have totally missed something in the past few weeks. We went from seeing people banned for threats of violence or behavior deemed over-the-line, to seeing them banned or run off because they annoy a certain group of people.

Duh folks, the best avatars are actors that provide entertainment. Whether your views align with Dwayner or DFA doesn't matter as long as you have a sense of humor. And if you don't have one on a particular day, then don't read the threads, particularly in Spray.

It appears that the few of you who have run off the entertaining folks here recently aren't nearly as entertaining yourselves. Maybe you should find the humility within you to admit you fucked up, and ask 'em to come back.

robbob, I concurr.

what used to be threads with continuity and thoughtful responses, or a character response, it is all going to the dogs in here... lowest common denominator. it seems the general consensus amoung posters is to:

a)insult 95% of the posters except the 3 guys you climbed with last week.

b)spray worthless drivel into threads that have worth

c)insult anyone who actually takes a strong view on an issue.

d) make out like you are a total hardman when in reality, you may have four years of climbing experience, with some of that in the gym

(like Cracked. He makes himself out like a total mountain sage when he's really a step above mounties basic graduates.)

I always thought this site was entertainment mixed in with a little communication. a few of us rallied for drinking events every week, and that happened, so a little positive has resulted from this site, but the entertainment is nil and anarchy and bullshit is at an all time high in here.

A little voice is telling me to pull the plug on this ship of anarchy crewed by fools, and go back to the real world....see you out at the crags or in a blizzard someday, maybe?

thumbs_down.gif

Beck, Beck, Beck don't ya know what this site has become? It’s a personal site for the gapers and they ONLY want to see things posted here that agree with the vast majority or with their limited vision of site.

Hell, even Mary Lou has pulled in her usual sarcasm and venom so she won't get banned. I see she craves the chat room so that might be where she can spew, but I may be wrong. Just might be a re-birth of Allison to Mary Lou that has given CC.com a gentle and humble avatar. yelrotflmao.gif

Beck said:

d) make out like you are a total hardman when in reality, you may have four years of climbing experience, with some of that in the gym

(like Cracked. He makes himself out like a total mountain sage when he's really a step above mounties basic graduates.)

Beck, you're pathetic. I have never bragged about my climbing level, as I know I suck. You, however, have bragged countless times about a. your job, b. your employer, c. your gear, d. your experience. You suck.

Sincerely,

Paul the_finger.gif

RobBob said:

WTF is happening to this place? A cc.com stalwart like Dwayner gets banned, and I have to read about his "mindless spew" from somebody who hasn't cranked out an interesting line---ever??

You don't know me. So how can you make this assumption?

I think a bunch of you people have totally missed something in the past few weeks. We went from seeing people banned for threats of violence or behavior deemed over-the-line, to seeing them banned or run off because they annoy a certain group of people.

I agree. Sphinx was banned solely because he was an avatar.

Duh folks, the best avatars are actors that provide entertainment. Whether your views align with Dwayner or DFA doesn't matter as long as you have a sense of humor. And if you don't have one on a particular day, then don't read the threads, particularly in Spray.

It appears that the few of you who have run off the entertaining folks here recently aren't nearly as entertaining yourselves. Maybe you should find the humility within you to admit you fucked up, and ask 'em to come back.

The only part the rubbed me the wrong way about Dwayner was that he crashed too many threads, and got extremely obnoxious where his behavior was gratuitous. wave.gif