Research Project Survey

Lambone

Howdy folks,

I'm working on a research project for a geographic research methods class. The project involves gathering data from a sample population and manipulating it through statistical methods in order to determine if a relationship can be drawn. The project is intended to be fun; therefore for obvious reasons I have chosen to survey climbers!

This voluntary survey will be used to evaluate the relationship between a climber’s profile and the climbing area they use most often. I am using this web site as an attempt to diversify my sample of the climbing community, so your cooperation in this survey is greatly appreciated! It will take about 2 minutes to complete.

If you choose to complete the survey, you can either return your answers as a PM, or send them directly to my hotmail account. Respond any way that you like (i.e. copy and paste, highlight the answers, etc.), whatever is quick and easy for you.

The survey is meant to be anonymous, but if you e-mail me the answers I will know who you are. I cannot think of an easy way to avoid this. The subject material isn't exactly controversial so I hope that this will not prevent you from participating. You have my word that your response is strictly confidential. Thank you!

1. What type of outdoor climbing do you participate in most often?(Check one box)

a. Lead climbing- traditional (natural gear) b. Lead climbing- sport (bolted)c. Top Roping d. Bouldering e. Aid Climbing Other_______

2. How many years have you been rock climbing? (Circle One)

a.Less than 4 b.4-6 c.7-9 d.10-12 e.13-15 f.15 or More

3. Which local outdoor rock climbing area do you visit most often? (Circle One)

a.Index b.Little Si c.Leavenworth d.Vantage e.Exit 38 Other________

4. How many people do you usually climb with? (Circle one)

a.Solo b.1 c.2 d.3 e.4 f.Larger Groups

5. What is most important to you when choosing the climbing area you selected in question #3? (Check one box)

a. Type of rock/climbing b. Number of climbers at area (i.e. crowds)c. Aesthetic quality of area (i.e. scenery) d. Length of drive to areae. Weather at area Other________

6. Are you a member of the Access Fund? a.Yes b.No

7. Please answer the following questions about yourself that will allow me to compare your answers with other climbers.

Are you? a.Male b.Female

Which age group are you in? (Check one box) a. under 10 b. 10 to 20 c. 21 to 30 d. 31 to 40 e. 41 to 50 Other and proud of it!________

Thank you very much for your time! Have fun and be safe!

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: Lambone ]

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool thanks guys, I've had 9 responses in 2 hours, that's awsome! Don't forget that you can also e-mail me or send a PM if you don't want everyone to see your answers. You may run into trouble if you try to paste the survey into Word, because of formating issues. A quick and dirty list of a,b,c,d,etc. answers is fine.

Hopefully some kids, ladies, and old-schoolers will participate as well!

I'll compile the data obtained from this web site seperately so that we can check out what the overall numbers look like for CC.comers. Might make for some good spray grin.gif" border="0

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: Lambone ]