i'm so confused by coffee

minx

so i happen into a starbucks earlier today. i notice a poster for coffee that is shaken over ice and then poured over ice. isn't this just iced coffee? i understand why i would shake my gin over ice and then pour but coffee? and then to pour it over ice? are they really that desperate to find a way to charge me more for coffee?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iain said:

the ice is frozen from the finest municipal water supplies of texas.

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

i'm just so confused! it's coffee for dogsake! i don't even want the ice but if you must pour it over ice how does shaking it over ice make it better.

then again i've always been easily confused

Nobody here is stupid, you just do not know the facts behind the engineering and science of an iced Starbucks coffee drink. Refer to the Starbucks official Physical Chemistry manual chapter 11; Cooling and Preparation of Acidic Based Molecular Compounds.

Section 1) Pre-chill/mix Ice Composition:

Maintain ice at precisely 18 degrees to prevent melting and watering down of drink. Use rectangular shaped ice to minimize surface contact with liquid contents.

Section 2) Drink Ice Composition:

Maintain ice at precisely 31 degrees to promote the melting and watering down of drink. Use oval shaped ice to maximize surface contact with liquid contents.

Section 3) Compensation:

Charge customer exurbanite amount of money for over engineered products.

MtnHigh said:

Nobody here is stupid, you just do not know the facts behind the engineering and science of an iced Starbucks coffee drink. Refer to the Starbucks official Physical Chemistry manual chapter 11; Cooling and Preparation of Acidic Based Molecular Compounds.

Maintain ice at precisely 18 degrees to prevent melting and watering down of drink. Use rectangular shaped ice to minimize surface contact with liquid contents.

Section 2) Drink Ice Composition:

Maintain ice at precisely 31 degrees to promote the melting and watering down of drink. Use oval shaped ice to maximize surface contact with liquid contents.

Section 3) Compensation:

Charge customer exurbanite amount of money for over engineered products.

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif thats why I drink TEA wink.gif

MtnHigh said:

Morons. Spherical is the shape that minimizes surface contact with liquid contents.

i heard you can get coffee ice cream. now that sounds like the shizzle. whatever that means.

i once ate a couple handfuls of these chocolate flavored expresso beans. thought i was gonna have a fuckin heart attack. i was all pannicky and shit. it was great.

lummox said:

i heard you can get coffee ice cream. now that sounds like the shizzle. whatever that means.

i once ate a couple handfuls of these chocolate flavored expresso beans. thought i was gonna have a fuckin heart attack. i was all pannicky and shit. it was great.

i munch those all the time... they are great for cramming for midterms! yellaf.gifhahaha.gif

Attitude said:

MtnHigh said:

Morons. Spherical is the shape that minimizes surface contact with liquid contents.

Duh. I was about to point that out. What a moron.

MisterE said:

I am so confused by coffee cuz sometimes it makes me sleepy confused.gif

WTF is up with that? wazzup.gif

I've experienced that, back in the college days drinking coffee pretty much non-stop during term paper/ final exam crunch. After you take in enough caffeine, I think your system finally just rebels and shuts down. Maybe a self-defense mechanism so you pass out before you can kill yourself?

Also, for those of you in PDX who like the icy coffee, you must proceed directly to Bagel Land, at 42nd 'n' Fremont. Not only do they have the BEST bagels in Portland, hands down, but their coffee is exceptional. But the iced coffee? Well, let's just say they have COFFEE ICE CUBES in it. Yeah, that's right. So no more melty-melty watered down iced coffee, uh-uh. The only beef is that the coffee cubes tend to melt rather slow, so you are sometimes left with a bunch of jumbo cubes in your cup, but if you're a lazy sipper, it's a prime arrangement.

Investigate and rejoice.