Enron selling Gasoline?

To_The_Top

Jeez, take a look at the prices at the gas pump. I saw 2.19/gallon today for premium. Just two weeks ago at another station it was only 1.35 for regular. Whos making all the money? reminds me of the days of Enron.

Whats the most expensive anyone has seen out there?

These long drives to the back country on weekends are going to get really expensive--the guy working at the station said "there is no end in sight for how high the prices may go".

Geek_em8.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good article in the Tacoma News Tribune today. Looks like the multi-national oil companies have figured out how to manipulate the price by limiting refined inventories. They call it "just in time" supply. What a joke. This shit is not free market, it is price fixing albeit without the smoke-filled room and backslaping overt collusion.

Fairweather said:

Good article in the Tacoma News Tribune today. Looks like the multi-national oil companies have figured out how to manipulate the price by limiting refined inventories. They call it "just in time" supply. What a joke. This shit is not free market, it is price fixing albeit without the smoke-filled room and backslaping overt collusion.

Fairweather go wash your mouth out with soap. If you want to stay in good standing with the Republican party you should never be critical of big business. wazzup.gif

An article in today's paper says that here in CA the main reason for the huge price jump is a ruptured pipeline in AZ. AZ has no refineries. That pipe brought gas in from TX and so now CA gas is being diverted to AZ. Also bay area refineries have had some problems. Hmmm . . . all at the same time? Sounds fishy to me.

Fairweather said:

it's just supply and demand.... drop the supply and the demand stays high so prices go up.... if you don't like it, follow the freemarket solution, start your own oil company rolleyes.gif

i don't see what's not free market about cartels, shouldn't they have the freedom to manipulate supply and screw the consumer? wave.gif

ride a bike if you don't like it (and it's an option for you). can't make a statement to the oil companies if you bitch but keep buying the product no matter the cost. can't wait for Sen. Wyden (OR) to attack again.

yes I realize there are a lot of other petro prods out there I use.

catbirdseat said:

This is what comes from consolidation. We never should have allowed all those oil company mergers. There are only one or two major players in each market now. They can charge what they please. You can all thank the Republican Party.

Uh, Catbird, I believe the big north slope merger (BP,ARCO) took place and was approved under WJ Clinton/Ron Brown. Democrats.

Any fact to support this blame-the-Republicans claim? Or are you just goin' by what your friends at school told you 'bout those evil Republicans?

Ursa_Eagle said:

There was one (H2) in front of me... I tried to see the driver to get an idea of what kind of moron buys one of those things

I do this too, and 99% of the time it's yuppies -- usually the yuppie suburbanite yapping on the cell phone. I'd think there'd be more meles than females, consdering the macho/penis thing, but more often it's a middle-aged yuppie woman with perfect hair and expensive clothes. I just laugh because H2s are almost as hideous looking as the Honda Element. yellaf.gif