Name biggest Mountie

fleblebleb

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iain said:

a prerequisite is a kilt of gear hanging off the harness...I'm talking like 30 draws, full set of wired hex, no less than 4 rap rings, maybe a trilink, etc.

don't forget about that handly little cleaning tool with the hammer on the end rolleyes.gif - and then another cleaning tool for the actual cleaning. and 20 feet of perlon, a scad of really wide webbing, and a wrench for tightening anchors... rolleyes.gifhahaha.gif

Hey, no more semantics. Get back to the game already.

So far catturd, Dave Schuldt, erik and iain lead and stand to win a piece of duct tape with their name on it if they show up at pub club! Wearing on helmet is optional, bold leaders may choose to wear the name tag on their butts.

Fleb, if by "Mountie" you refer to certain style of raiment favored by Basic Climbing students, that's not how I dress. My style is closer to that of the late Bill Robins (MHRIP). Lawrence of Arabia hat, natty old long sleeve polyester shirt, ancient nylon Sahara pants, patched innumerable times (overlapping patches, catsup and chainring stains), modified Alpine Bod harness, and I climb in socks.

One of the things that seemed attractive about climbing when I started out was that fashion seemed unimportant. Function was paramount over form. Actions won out over words. There appears to be a subset associated with this board for whom fashion and appearances are perhaps more important than anything else.

fashion is not important

it is making fun of the unfashionable which is fun!

you know, 1) people who dress like engineers even when not on the job, or 2) people who wear shorts over polypro because they think its the climber uniform (that's what the instroctor in the Mountie Basic course wore and they all want to secretly be him and give orders to their own class)

the_finger.gif

Come on Dru, we all know the only reason people wear polypro under shorts is its CHEAP. Ten buck for the polypro and ten bucks for the shorts, versus $100+ for Schoeller pants. Let's all ridicule the indigent novice climbers. Tell 'em to buy the cheap ice axe and crappy crampons and put their money into fancy pants so they look good.