Name biggest Mountie

fleblebleb

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru said:

fashion is not important

it is making fun of the unfashionable which is fun!

you know, 1) people who dress like engineers even when not on the job, or 2) people who wear shorts over polypro because they think its the climber uniform (that's what the instroctor in the Mountie Basic course wore and they all want to secretly be him and give orders to their own class)

the_finger.gif

Let's not forget the uber-Gumb' habit of clipping one's shoes and chalkbag to the exterior of one's 3/4-full pack, "so the shoes don't get squished." rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif Translation: "so everyone knows I'm a rock climber." As if you'd be any other sort of recreator, hiking into Smith with tights on and carrying a pack.

the_finger.gif

CBS

FASHION! FUNCTION!

a dont see your point.....my $100+ pants have been used on almost every single climb i have done over the past for years! with nary an issue. i put my knee down all the time, i drag my ass on slabs........i dont have any patches yet! tho the ass is wearing...

so i would think that it would be most cost effective to wear $100 pants as opposed to buy what you are describing 5 times......and anyways with my $100+ pants i dont need the extra bulk of rainpants nor do i need to them.......

so i see the $100+ pant a pretty darn good option for someone considering a long term/ adventure filled climbing carrer.

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Dru said:

fashion is not important

it is making fun of the unfashionable which is fun!

you know, 1) people who dress like engineers even when not on the job, or 2) people who wear shorts over polypro because they think its the climber uniform (that's what the instroctor in the Mountie Basic course wore and they all want to secretly be him and give orders to their own class)

the_finger.gif

Let's not forget the uber-Gumb' habit of clipping one's shoes and chalkbag to the exterior of one's 3/4-full pack, "so the shoes don't get squished." rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif Translation: "so everyone knows I'm a rock climber." As if you'd be any other sort of recreator, hiking into Smith with tights on and carrying a pack.

the_finger.gif

that pack would be a mini haul bag am i right dfa?

also carrying a superduperextra long cheater stick for clipping the 3rd bolt on gumby "it's so runout, you can totally groundfall otherwise"

although i must say if you have stinky feet (like me) clipping your shoes to outside of pack on hike OUT allows them to dry faster and smell less bad! leaving them in a sealed rubbermaid 68L for a week smells VERY MUCH MORE BAD insert puking graemlin here cry.gif

Dru said:

that pack would be a mini haul bag am i right dfa?

also carrying a superduperextra long cheater stick for clipping the 3rd bolt on gumby "it's so runout, you can totally groundfall otherwise"

although i must say if you have stinky feet (like me) clipping your shoes to outside of pack on hike OUT allows them to dry faster and smell less bad! leaving them in a sealed rubbermaid 68L for a week smells VERY MUCH MORE BAD insert puking graemlin here cry.gif

Naturally, the mini-haulbag all the way. Regular nylon could get abraded sitting at the base of Bunny Face, especially if a dog bumps into your pack.

And of course one must take one's shoes out of the pack later. That's why they go in last. Unless you' got toxic toes.

you two could pick up a point or two by watching me in action - in fact you bet'a, Flash!

I believe someone was once offering a correspondence course on how to be a better sprayer, but he only had one student. and it was a scam - 'E gypt iain rolleyes.gif

carolyn said:

I just realized the back cover for the 6th ed (and maybe others) is a climb here in Minnesota. Phantom crack, Palisade head (I believe).

As a long time native of Minnesota and now living in Washington State, I couldn't think of climbing anything back in Minnesota. Please inform me, I am coming east next month.

Biggest Mountie? We'll leave that question unanswered.

ncascademtns said:

As a long time native of Minnesota and now living in Washington State, I couldn't think of climbing anything back in Minnesota. Please inform me, I am coming east next month.

You must not have been intrested in climbing when you were out here. If you are seriously going to be in the area and want to climb, I can point you in the right direction.

carolyn said:

ncascademtns said:

You must not have been intrested in climbing when you were out here. If you are seriously going to be in the area and want to climb, I can point you in the right direction.

Coming back to visit the family in nortwestern Minnesota. My only plans are to head east and bag Minnesota's highpoint Eagle Mountain. Just a hike but another one to check off my list.

Yes, interests have changed. No more hanging out on the beaches drinking beer and waterskiing after a hangover. cantfocus.gif

ncascademtns said:

My only plans are to head east and bag Minnesota's highpoint Eagle Mountain. Just a hike but another one to check off my list.

ITs a beautiful hike. THere is a good campsite along the way. head back toward grand marais and do a couple sections of the superior hiking trail. Hike pincushion mountain, cascade river , or the devils track. Just beware if its during hunting season. Dont forget to stop by "My Sisters Place" for some good grub and a brew. Unless you want to be a real tourist, then go to Sven and Oles (not recommended).

Have fun!