We are all SINNERS!!!

Formaldehead

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, Dru, maybe it makes no difference. I just picture different scenes that happen in life as a kid grows up, lay that template on it, and go "man, that would be tough!"

My point is don't delude yourselves with thinking the kid's environment would be the way the world should be versus the way it is.

Given divorce rates of late, probably not. People are too eager to call it quits and call in the lawyers instead of being willing to work shit out. Then again, given gay men's need to be with more than one partner at a time (which, if you believe Dan Savage, is just a fundamental trait of being a man), maybe they're not too far off from the breeders as far as astronomical divorce/split-up rates.

hey trask

this sounds like you

The new study about masculinity complements older studies that have shown that homophobia among men also is directly related to men's insecurity about their sexuality itself. My all-time favorite on this was conducted a few years ago by Prof. Henry E. Adams of the University of Georgia. First, Adams gave psychological tests to male college students and divided them into two groups based on the results: homophobic and non-homophobic. Then he wired them up to a device that measures sexual arousal, called a penile plethysmograph, and tested their reaction to three types of erotic videos: straight, lesbian, and gay male.

Adams discovered that 80% of the homophobic guys were either moderately or strongly turned on by the gay film, compared with only 34% of the non-homophobes. He also found that the homophobes were significantly less aroused by the straight video than their gay-friendly counterparts. In other words, many of the homophobes were guys with a lot of suppressed homosexual feelings. Adam's conclusion was that male homophobia is strongly related to an inability to cope with "homosexual" impulses.

Now Prof. Richard H. Gramzow of Northeastern University has taken that concept one step further. He gave a group of college students a series of bogus tests that would supposedly detect "masculine" or "feminine" traits. He then gave the students fake results, telling some that they were masculine and others that they were feminine. Then he tested their attitudes about gay men.

Sure enough, the guys who were told they were feminine expressed more homophobic feelings than the "masculine" ones. His conclusion was that "the tendency for males to derogate gay men is strong when their sense of masculinity is threatened." The implication of Gramzow's study is even more disturbing than Adam's. Not only are deeply conflicted closet cases homophobic, but so are guys who think that others perceive them as anything other than butch. And these are modern college students, not dinosaurs.

Not only are deeply conflicted closet cases homophobic, but so are guys who think that others perceive them as anything other than butch. And these are modern college students, not dinosaurs.

so Dru, does this speak to my point about the load that an adopted son of gay males would carry? tongue.gif

I guess only if you think the guy would overreact to prove he's a real man? which he prob wouldnt feel the need to do? i dunno. it has a lot to do with the area he's living in like i said earlier. San Fran or Pendleton?

Say what you want, Dru. The fact that I find the gay lifestyle disgusting has no bearing on my own personal beliefs. I have no idea what the allure is, and my dick belongs only to the two-legged female persuasion. Dru, you just go right ahead and keep buggering your hairy-assed homies.

fruit.gif

trask said:

I have no idea what the allure is, and my dick belongs only to the two-legged female persuasion.

a lot of them gays cook like martha stewart and keep their house clean and stylish an shit. an at gay bars they buy you drinks and wanna suck yur dick. if they was women they'd be awesome. fuckin a dude. you want good service from the gay waiter just flirt with him. aint no big deal to fuck wit their narrow gay ass minds. sheeit. bitches do that to straight dudes all the fucking time. jsut ask that minx or kitten.

Dru said:

hey trask

this sounds like you

The new study about masculinity complements older studies that have shown that homophobia among men also is directly related to men's insecurity about their sexuality itself. My all-time favorite on this was conducted a few years ago by Prof. Henry E. Adams of the University of Georgia. First, Adams gave psychological tests to male college students and divided them into two groups based on the results: homophobic and non-homophobic. Then he wired them up to a device that measures sexual arousal, called a penile plethysmograph, and tested their reaction to three types of erotic videos: straight, lesbian, and gay male.

Adams discovered that 80% of the homophobic guys were either moderately or strongly turned on by the gay film, compared with only 34% of the non-homophobes. He also found that the homophobes were significantly less aroused by the straight video than their gay-friendly counterparts. In other words, many of the homophobes were guys with a lot of suppressed homosexual feelings. Adam's conclusion was that male homophobia is strongly related to an inability to cope with "homosexual" impulses.

Now Prof. Richard H. Gramzow of Northeastern University has taken that concept one step further. He gave a group of college students a series of bogus tests that would supposedly detect "masculine" or "feminine" traits. He then gave the students fake results, telling some that they were masculine and others that they were feminine. Then he tested their attitudes about gay men.

Sure enough, the guys who were told they were feminine expressed more homophobic feelings than the "masculine" ones. His conclusion was that "the tendency for males to derogate gay men is strong when their sense of masculinity is threatened." The implication of Gramzow's study is even more disturbing than Adam's. Not only are deeply conflicted closet cases homophobic, but so are guys who think that others perceive them as anything other than butch. And these are modern college students, not dinosaurs.

I think TRASK is a closet case...at the very least he's f'ing cantfocus.gif

trask said:

Say what you want, Dru. The fact that I find the gay lifestyle disgusting has no bearing on my own personal beliefs. I have no idea what the allure is, and my dick belongs only to the two-legged female persuasion. Dru, you just go right ahead and keep buggering your hairy-assed homies.

fruit.gif

scientific evidence indicates you are a closet case

the more you deny it the deeper you present evidence which proves my point the_finger.gifwave.gif