Full Moon Rope Up

chelle

Beck said:

it's really a lot more than that.

Oh right, there is the business as to whether or not you are the only person who knows gear, or gets out or whatever, Mr. I spent 100 nights in a sleeping bag.

Yeah me too, but then I was ten.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

(my initial reaction to this post)

Secondary reaction....

Ive been planning a two-three week trip out to the pnw to climb. I scheduled it around the rope up because I thought it would be a great opportunity to meet/climb with some of the folks Ive been corresponding with or gettin' to know via cc.com. over the past few years.

I think there are some good ideas being brought to this years rope up. Heck, If I was a newer climber in the PNW or had the opportunity to climb out there on a regular basis, I might even be psyched about the event.

However, now I am (selfishly) wondering if planning my trip around this date is going to meet my goals. I dont really want to stand around in a line to top rope something (bless the belayers taking on this job, tho). I dont necessarily want to climb inbetween parties on some multipitch route, while numerous others are waiting on the ground (which sounds like it migh tbe the case). And, I dont want to be overwhelmed with activities/options.

I just want to climb ( A LOT), meet some new folks, and throw back a few beers.

This post is wierd. The whole thing is wierd. I dont really have an opinion one way or another if whats going on is right or wrong (just call me ms. wishy washy). I do however need to reconsider if attending would be the right decision in order to meet the goals i have before shelling out all the bucks for the flight and time off from work.

Regardless, Ive already chosen to take this block of time off from work. I will be in the area whether I decide to attend the rope up or not. If anyone has either encouraging thoughts on rallying up partners/climbing opportunities at the rope up or some fresh ideas, please send me a pm.

As far as I know there are a group of folks gathering at smith the weekend before. I contacted tg abou this a while back and he offered to donated some kegs to both the smith gathering and the 'original' rope up in l'worth. I offered to bring the beer up from PDX (on the conditions I found a ride or vehicle) to l'worth. I dont know if tg's side of the offer still stands. Im sure he will chime in eventually.

Beck said:

i think it was a festival from the get go, back in 2001 maryloo,

thanks for all your valuable input about the ropeup!

What's with the attitude Beck?

I am starting to think that a party thrown by someone who reacts like you do might be a real drag. frown.gif

Yeah, some people have spoken up and said they might not be so keen on what you are doing for this year's ropeup, maybe they are ungrateful. But do you really expect anything else from this lot?

If you're gonna organize a party, it might be a good idea to listen to the people who you are supposedly putting it on for. You don't have to do everything they say, but at least pretend you are listening. hahaha.gif

Carolyn - There is a lot to climb in leavenworth. If you get off the classic routes on the Snow Creek Wall or anything that has more of a 10 minute hike in I don't think you won't be seeing top rope lines. I climb to avoid the crowds also so I hope to avoid those areas, but show up later for the campfire and beer. It'll be a good time.

If you really wanted to you could drive back to index during they daytime while everyone is in leavenworth and have the place to yourself. grin.gif

Thanks Chris! I thought about that a bit after I posted. Or maybe hang out at the rope up one night rather than all 2 or 3.

Whats the guidebook for the area?

More beta questions to follow in a different thread at a later time.

bigdrink.gif

Beck I do applaud your efforts, but too much change can be a bad thing. We are not The Mountaineers or the Obsidians or even the WAC, although I am sure there is a lot of overlap. We are CC.comers. I look ofrward to attending rope up, drinking beer, and having a good time with those of you I've met and those I haven't. Too much organization may seem a bit overboard, especially when the majority of us are quite spontaneous in nature. I will come and drink some beer, hang out with friends, talk climbing shit, chase women when I get drunk and go climbing. I may even participate in some trail building and the like, but having stationed top ropes set up with maned belays? Are you fucking kidding me? Why don't we bring in a portable climbing wall like the 6year olds do for birthday parties! Again, I applaud your efforts and you doing all of this work, just try to not go too overboard, or I think you will not have a cc.com rope up, but an AAC benefit or REI Event. Good luck and let me know if there is anything I can do to help out as I will be coming up from Oregon.

bigdrink.gif