Full Moon Rope Up

chelle

Beck said:

I think most of you all need to calm down.

It's not "my" party, its a party for YOU guys!

I'm laughing my ass off...

of course the rat 86'ing was a troll.

Then why in PM's did you tell me that you were the father of rope up and we should all do what you told us to. Further you repeated in PM's to me that Rat was indeed 86ed.

there have been meetings since may about the shindig.

as well as earlier posts here to garner interest and ideas.

Where and when did you solicit anything? Nobody else seems to know.

anyone who wants to volunteer, contact me or hikerwa.

we're the guys behind the damn thing from day one in Leavenworth.

year one we rented the group campsite.

this year we rented the group campsite.

this year the american alpine club got outdoor research to donate kegs of beer and servers as well. I hope TG can make it with a keg of his own as well, i've tried to call him at the taproom but no luck.

cascade crags is contributing by setting up some top ropes and staffing them.

the alpine club is contributing some money to buy everyone some grub as well.

we've got manufacturers donating hundreds of dollars of gear to raffle off for the access fund and the alpine journal.

we've got the editor of the alpine journal (who is pretty damn cool) hanging out.

pretty sure there's going to be music (reggae). there's going to be a slide show.

Some of this sounds ok, but the question is why didn't you directly contact any of last years contributors? Where's the TG beer? Why did you only ask me last night about firewood?

I'm going to hold back for a bit, but maybe we need a real party that full moon weekend.

snaf.gif party

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are gonna be professional beer servers? Is that really neccesary? Does that mean I need to finish making my fake ID?

And if all this corporate stuff means there will be Po-Po (police, for those not down) hanging out, then it's not worth it, in my opinion.

Last year was an incredibly fun time. Imagine, I show up Friday night at o'dark-thirty not knowing anybody. The first person I run into is Captain Caveman tossing me a palm sized puppy.... yeah, he's cute already... no, I got no problem with your dog, really. Okay, okay, I'll take him... beer? Cool (now I wish somebody would offer me a fucking bong hit, godammit... I just spent the last two hours in my car)... panckakes? Sure. So do I want to climb tomorrow? Sure. Orbit? Uh... yeah, sure... what's that? I had a great fucking time. I met the regulars, I met a legend or two, I met some wantabes.

So this year somebody has stepped up to the plate to take on some of the organizing, and all you fuckers want to do is rip on him. I don't see you volunteering your time. Regardless of what you're whining about, shit won't get done without somebody taking some kind of initiative, and Beck is doing that. Decisions get made. You don't like the plan... then begin a dialogue and participate in the planning. Otherwise, sit down, shut up and enjoy, or throw your own party.

rolleyes.gif