Update on two of your climbers lost in Tuolumne

ftb

So my buddy and I are racking for a fast and light run up one of the classics in the Meadows, and over comes your own "TheLawGoddess". She was way off on the approach and had the sense to get the right directions. smile.gif In tow was the boulder boy wonder, Distel32. Up we all go on the approach. Tuolumne approach are more like soloing. She was holding her own and all three of us got a kick out of watching boulder boy attempting to us his fantastic foot work on the slabs. Ha, Ha. It was a real sight to see.

After climbing with them for a couple of days, he was still scared of slab. Your trad leading bomb-shell was still looking for some nice cracks instead of runout slab. The only problem is that all the nice cracks have some 4th class slab descents. Boulder boy was not in for that at all.

It was fun climbing with some Northwest folks and having a great time. Since I'm a wall climber, I gave boulder boy a huge amount of sh*t the entire time. Thank god we were in my element and not pulling on some overhanging stuff. I'm sure in the furture he will get his own with me. However, I still want to take him up for a day and change his life with a lot of exposure. The last boulder I took out still has not touch a rope for two years. He almost had a heart failure on lost arrow tip.

You are a lucky group to have someone like Kaia to climb with. She was awesome. The standard just got raise for all future girlfriends!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jkrueger said:

ftb said:

In tow was the boulder boy wonder, Distel32.

Now Distel is etched in my mind's eye climbing in a superhero outfit -- complete with mask and cape blowing in the wind. yellaf.gif

a Prana logo on the front and Boulder Boy on the back. yellaf.gif

Trad geeks!!!!

You may be right. But, I can atleast walk across 4th class slab without peeing myself (10 feet or 1200 feet off the deck). Or worst yet, not doing the climb at all because i'm to scared to get to the base.

But, why complain. The less bouldering boys on the nice trad lines the better. And even less on the walls, everyone seems timid because "it is too much work." the_finger.gif

Later

All joking aside,

boulder boy was a blast to hang with. I would be glad to go climb with him anyday. I will give him credit. Atleast he was out there, on slab, trying hard. Way out of his element and did not even b*tch once about it.

And we should all commend him for taking a road trip with TLG and sleeping in seperate tents. I don't know how he did it.

JGowans said:

Agree with RuMr. Don't be harshing on the young kid. Save that for other cynical oldsters. the_finger.gifboxing_smiley.gif

No shit, why run the kids confidence into the ground... now if he was talkin shit that would be an entirly diferent thing, and a well diserved sandbaggin would be in order...

ftb said:

And we should all commend him for taking a road trip with TLG and sleeping in seperate tents. I don't know how he did it.

On second thoughts, I wouldn't want to incur the wrath of TLG so I'll leave out the first part...still...quit drooling and get out more. wazzup.gif

Edited by JGowans

ftb said:

hrm, errr yes I could see where that would be a very hard thing to do. Of course, by her own admission I believe thelawgoddess did not actually win the "Girls of CascadeClimbers.com" beauty pageant. Which, err, doesn't stop any of us from, um <sweating>, climbing, uhhh with her.

texplorer said:

Fence_Sitter said:

agreed... dare you to try some V5 overhanging boulder problem with jagged boulders at the bottom... we'll see who pusses out. yellaf.gifthe_finger.gif

Nothing that a few copperheads, hooks and pitons could deal with . . . .

yelrotflmao.gif