Krakauer Takes on the Mormons

chelle

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MissNormandy said:

trask said:

When the Jehovah Witness bimbos come to my door, I always try to answer with an open bathrobe and a stiff smile from Mr. Happy .

ME TOO

*soulmates*

Expect 30 horny Witnesses at you doorstep this evening

I always tell the Jesue Freaks that have the bad luck to knock on my door "You are a duck." They look at me like I have two heads, and I explain: "You're like a duck coming to my door and asking me if I want to be a duck too. There is no fucking way I will ever be a duck."

Another tactic, often employed when my wife, full of pity for these fools, becomes involved in an actual conversation with these clods, is to blast Carnivore's "Jesus Hitler". Totally sweet....

Jesus Hitler

Adolf Christ

Is this the second coming

Or the fourth Reich?

His mother a nun raped by a nazi

near the end of the second great war

gave birth to a son who could change the future

for better or worse he's not sure

I am what should never have been

the ultimate abomination

Have I returned to save the Jews

or to destroy them?

Hear thee my fellow nazolics

come join the Neotheofacists

keep the race pure practice eugenics

and swear to the holy swazafix

I have returned

Reich und Roll!

Hess to my left and Peter on my right

will it be war or peace

totalitarian on his throne of blood

commands both man and beast

a pair of souls trapped in the body of one

both prisoners of reincarnation

torn between good and evil

I have returned for salvae-elimination

nolanr said:

Yeah, but the Mormons have basketball courts IN THEIR CHURCHES and they actively encourage dancing to their youth. Growing up Baptist I thought dancing was naughtier than sex. rolleyes.gif They may be a cult and they may have some seriously wacked doctrine, but they do a pretty good job of making it seem interesting to youngsters, some other denominations should be taking notes.

May have cool socials, but if their teens get caught having sex they have to confess to the whole "community". At least they did in my home town. I had a couple friends who were humiliated by the experience.

ehmmic said:

May have cool socials, but if their teens get caught having sex they have to confess to the whole "community". At least they did in my home town. I had a couple friends who were humiliated by the experience.

At least it lets the whole community know which girls put out. thumbs_up.gif

Edited by Ratboy

Mormons are fucked, and anyone who writes anti-mormon books in my opinion deserves a medal.

The only reason mormon social life seems cool or interesting is because they congregate in large communities and ostracize outsiders from their way of life. Non-religion parents often send their kids to catholic school in Utah just so that their kids don't have to endure the bullshit, Mormon social structure.

Mormon youth 'parties' consist of 18+ year old kids getting together en-masse to auction off the women to the guy who can hold his sugar better than the rest.

Fucking inbred dorks.

Formaldehead or whatever says:

"I always tell the Jesue Freaks that have the bad luck to knock on my door "You are a duck." They look at me like I have two heads, and I explain: "You're like a duck coming to my door and asking me if I want to be a duck too. There is no fucking way I will ever be a duck."

Another tactic, often employed when my wife, full of pity for these fools, becomes involved in an actual conversation with these clods, is to blast Carnivore's "Jesus Hitler". Totally sweet....

"Jesus Hitler

Adolf Christ"

A few comments from Dwayner:

How about being civilized and say "no thanks" and close the door. Blasting loud music at them makes YOU feel good and just reinforces their notion that you need their insights more than ever.

Any "music", "poetry", or whatever that equates Jesus with Hitler is sad. You must have peace-loving, kind, wandering rabbi, Jesus confused with the idiotic antics of many of his "followers" through the ages.

Pairs of Mormon missionaries come to my house from time to time. I don't abuse them...I tell them I'm familiar with their theology and I'm not interested, and I make them a sandwich and give them something to drink. (Poor buggers are on the road for up to 2 years away from home...I don't follow their message but I am compassionate toward their ordeal...plus my father's half of the family all turned Mormon...it ain't for me, but what the heck. Some of these guys come from far-flung parts of the US or even from outside the country. Guy from Tonga came by last year...neat to hear his impressions of the US, "missionary" life, etc.) Your job is to go to work and do this and that. Their job is to share their deeply held beliefs. "No thanks" and a closed door will usually do the trick.

- Dwayner

godsquad.jpg

I have no compassion for those trying to convert or intimidate others into worshipping their invisible man. Good for them if they've found the meaning to their life, but leave me out of it. I don't need their (the missionaries' or the chruch's) help in figuring things out for myself. In the worlds of the immortal George Carlin, "Keep thy religion to thyself."

Edited by Ratboy

nolanr said:

Yeah, but the Mormons have basketball courts IN THEIR CHURCHES and they actively encourage dancing to their youth. Growing up Baptist I thought dancing was naughtier than sex. rolleyes.gif They may be a cult and they may have some seriously wacked doctrine, but they do a pretty good job of making it seem interesting to youngsters, some other denominations should be taking notes.

My presbyterian church has TWO basketball courts.

They encourage dancing among eachother. Have you ever been to a mormon dance? They waddle side to side with hands on shoulders to the oldies and other church approved music.

MissNormandy said:

nolanr said:

My presbyterian church has TWO basketball courts.

They encourage dancing among eachother. Have you ever been to a mormon dance? They waddle side to side with hands on shoulders to the oldies and other church approved music.

10 miles North of me, in Lynden, dancing is illegal within city limits.

Quakers rolleyes.gif

nolanr said:

Never been to a Mormon dance or church service. I did play hoops w/ them fairly regularly in high school. I'm not defending their religion, but I knew a handful of Mormons growing up and they all seemed like decent folk.

They are decent folk. I agree with you on that. They are just a little too oppressive and judgemental for my taste.

I haven't liked Krak since he wrote the little book about the young man that fucked up in Alaska and died in his bus. Fucking ass hole made the kid seem like he went out of his way to kill himself. When BUSH living the simpliest fuck up and you are history. This could of been the case.

Mormans are no different than anyother religious group, just newer and there for a newer target. If every kid behaved as well as my Morman students and if every kid had as caring parent as these students had then my job would of been 100% easier.

To all you Morman haters...FUCK OFF

IF YA GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT WELL FUCK OFF AGAIN

sisu_suomi said:

I haven't liked Krak since he wrote the little book about the young man that fucked up in Alaska and died in his bus. Fucking ass hole made the kid seem like he went out of his way to kill himself. When BUSH living the simpliest fuck up and you are history. This could of been the case.

Mormans are no different than anyother religious group, just newer and there for a newer target. If every kid behaved as well as my Morman students and if every kid had as caring parent as these students had then my job would of been 100% easier.

them mormon girls wre the dirties lil beauties i ever met in H.S. one of them got my first ascent... yellaf.gif

sisu_suomi said:

Fuck off yourself beotch.

Any religion where you drink soda pop at wedding receptions, wear funny underwear, and believe in a civilization in north America that was more advanced than the Romans but left no trace is fucked up.

I've been around a number of them, so like I said earlier

fuck off beotch the_finger.gif and again the_finger.gif

I say you goofs are elitists, krakking on Krakauer like this. He writes vivid accounts for the general public's enjoyment. Nobody who is close to a subject ever believes that writers get it right...I once had to listen to a drunk fisherman from Massachusetts rail for an hour about what a lying sumbitch Sebastion Junger was with his facts in The Perfect Storm. A vivid and accurate account of the general scene is more important than accuracy of the minutiae that people close to stories get hung up on.

I'm just glad that Krakauer has the gift of a wordsmith. A couple of his short stories like Club Denali are thumbs_up.gif.