• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
maryk

Help a girl out -- need partners.

i hear maryk broke up with her beau to date missnormandy.

bivy ledges will never be the same with these 2 in the alpine. wave.gif

this does make me wonder what proportion of female climbers started climbing w/their boyfriends or b/c of their boyfriends.

Fence_Sitter said:

that would be nutty nut nut

you really are ned flanders aren't ya? confused.gif

If he was it would be something like scrum-diddly-umptious or something.

minx said:

this does make me wonder what proportion of female climbers

started climbing w/their boyfriends or b/c of their boyfriends.

makes me wonder how many quit the sport when the relationship ends.

hope maryk finds what she is looking for wave.gif

god said to noah, we're going to have a floody floody.

rain came down, it started to get muddy muddy.

get those animals, out of the arcy arcy.

minx said:

this does make me wonder what proportion of female climbers started climbing w/their boyfriends or b/c of their boyfriends.

Also, what type of protection they are using.

minx said:

For me, it was actually the other way around. I saw a good friend take a ground fall soloing. I had no desire to climb after watching him bounce off the deck ... until I saw Muffy on the rock with appropriate gear and the such.

jkrueger said:

minx said:

For me, it was actually the other way around. I saw a good friend take a ground fall soloing. I had no desire to climb after watching him bounce off the deck ... until I saw Muffy on the rock with appropriate gear and the such.

thumbs_up.gif

my ISO started climbing b/c i needed a partner and most of my friends had "retired"

i'm curious b/c i've met several women lately who started climbing b/c of their boyfriends.

it seems as though it happens lots. I know many who have started because of boyfriends. then if they break up, the women have lots of stock because now they are mentored and kick ass climbers.

minx said:

my ISO started climbing b/c i needed a partner and most of my friends had "retired"

What's an ISO?

That would be my guess. Sounds like some lingering bitterness...

It's hard to tell the ladies from the studs around here in email-land...

Me - I actually climbed a handful of times here and there in my younger days (now I've got you wondering my age, don't I?), and was pretty much terrified. Elvis leg, pumped arms and the whole bit. I never thought I'd be "a climber." But now, ??, I could go off on an eloquent tangent about how it sucked me in. I still flail, but I like it, and I had a great teacher (who is very safe!).

Hey Ladies - anyone ever try breaking away from the boys here every once in a while?? A ladies only bigdrink.gif PC?? It might be worthwhile sometime. yelrotflmao.gif

hope you like drinking alone! there's like 4 of 'em on the entire board.

i kinda like the boys. too many women in one place can be dangerous.

Seriously, 4, ?? Oh well.

Hey, Minx, don't get me wrong, I like the boys most the time too; was just wondering about the girls.

-- mk

trask said:

too many wimmin = hen party thumbs_down.gif

too many wimmin = cat fight thumbs_up.gif