11worth Rock

scot'teryx

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ctuller said:

Please don't buy Smoot's snaf.gif book, that thing is garbage.

Doh! cantfocus.gif

Well yeah it's crap, but it did get me to the crags.

I will dutifully burn it when I get home....

The book simply is too general, is all. It reminds me of the story of the architect and the engineer. The engineer learns more and more facts about fewer and fewer specialties, whereas the architect learns fewer and fewer facts about more subjects. Eventually the engineer knows everything about nothing and the architect knows nothing about everything. Geek_em8.gifcantfocus.gif

Dustin_B said:

iceclimer said:

Where can we get this new book and how much does it cost? Some of us haven't lived/climbed here all of our lives and need a little help catching up.

Thanks!!!!

I have lived here less then 2 years and have been climbing less than that, so pick a new excuse. grin.gif (anyway refer to my post above)

Hey now... I have been to Leavenworth several times and I love it! If you have ever tried to find Static Point per Smoots book, you'd know he's full of crap and inaccurate. It's always good to have a nice reference to go by. hahaha.gif

If you have ever tried to find Static Point per Smoots book, you'd know he's full of crap and inaccurate.

Really? I have found his information to be pretty reliable, and even though I already know the approach to Static, his information doesnt seem to be wrong to me. I guess I'm a little defensive because I know how much effort it takes to put a book out, and there are always inacurracies no matter how hard you try. Jeff tried to cover alot of ground with that guide and succeeded as well as anyone could.

iain said:

erik change my title back I'm sick of explaining the "mt hood gives me wood" thing to people

well i guess you were sited up in the real mtns recently.....and aunt tina has gone back to her home in barbados......

Norsky said:

Anyone done ROTC? Looks wide...is it? I lost my old book and I've never been up to Midnight Rock. That's about all I want to still do in Levy.

The crux is hiking up there. Never mind the crack.

ROTC starts out at just under an inch then gets progressively wider into hands then suddenly turns into a large slot that you can squeeze into. If I remember correctly nothing larger than 2" is needed until here. Maybe a larger piece or two in the slot but at the top of the slot is perfect handcrack that takes #2.5 (#3?) friends. You probably want to bring a couple for this section.

I havent been on the route for at least ten years so my memory could be off in the details.

PP bigdrink.gif