Tickets at Stuart lake trail head

Alasdair

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

allison said:

If you feel that strongly about it, go volunteer two days for WTA doing trail maintenance. They will give you an annual pass for doing so.

www.wta.org

ALLISON

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE WTA TRAIL PASS STILL IS A "YES" VOTE FOR THE FEE DEMO PROGRAM.

ONLY A YES OR NO ANSWER PLEASE!

CUZ IF IT IS....

FUCK THE TOOL!

I know we're all pretty much on the same page here, and the issue has been talked to death... but the user fees are out of control. Each agency has some form of user fee that supposedly supports what our taxes are already supposed to pay for. It's totally *ucked in my opinion. What happened to the investigation that Newstips was thinking of doing? NEWSTIPS where have you gone?

I buy an annual National Park Pass $50, we're charged $5 to park at state parks now or buy an annual pass for $50, you have to buy a stupid Fish & Game pass to park out in Frenchman's Coulee $15, and then there's the $35 fee demo program. The rangers are spending time enforcing parking tickets not policing the wilderness. We probably had to hire more rangers to police it too. This is rediculous! madgo_ron.gif

If you're going to buy the passes and play the game, at least just buy the daily ones, and only on the weekends at the busy trailheads (maybe about only 25% of where I go anyway). The reason is that that is what is "Demo" about the Demo program in the first place. They want to see if they can scare enough of us into becoming trained into going down to REI or wherever and purchasing annual passes. This is their ideal as it requires no one at the TH to sell it and is easiest to enforce. Their least favorite idea is to have to sell individual passes because it is more confusing, requires more paperwork, is more labor intensive, and will require more employees devoted to selling and enforcing them. By buying the annual pass you are giving in. Unfortunately I think they predicted correctly that we would all line up dutifully at REI and buy them every Spring because we would prefer to avoid hassles, and maybe save money (not for me because outside of the most popular TH's enforcement is pretty sketch). Really if there were no annual pass sales, and only those flimsy day things out there you would see this program wither away. I've seen plenty of people reuse their old day passes, just change the dates or make them totally illegible. mushsmile.gif

• 1 month later...

Ain't I fuckin lucky? and I had my $35 annual pass in the glove box, remembered I forgot to put it on the dash half way up to the lake .. hmm let's see $50 fine or an extra 3 hr round trip - 50 bucks it is. thumbs_down.gifcry.gifthumbs_down.gifcry.gif

ticket.jpg

Szyjakowski said:

just take it in say you had one displayed and it fell off the mirror for some reason.

On the way out I was looking for one of their trucks, and I was gonna try the awe shucks routine, and basically kiss ass and suck up - but I didn't see any. The "I left the pass in my glove box" excuse is kinda like the "dog ate my homework" and wouldn't go over too well I 'spect.

I think my only option now is to pay it or fight it.

MtnHigh said:

A do not understand anyone here.

- Gates keep the 4x4 howdies from fucking up the roads when covered with snow

- The roads to the trailheads get plowed and maintained

- There are toliets at many trailheads. Less shit and TP in the woods near parking lots.

- The trails are occationally maintained

- Crowds are kept at bay in popular area via permit restrictions

The Wa/Ore trail pass is cheap. Grow up, the days of free recreation are long gone.

That is a total buch of CRAP! It is our land, we can use it for free goddamn it. The cost of maintaining a TH is nothing compared to their fucking fees. ERIK is right. Fuck them, fuck them in their motherfucking ear! Tear down their signs. Burn their stupid pencil dick tickets in the lot. Litter them on the trail. Smash in their windows and kick in their doors cuz their gonna hammer you for all you got.

I'm not saying I've done it, but somehow lots of signs get backed over when I see them.

I need to borrow one of them parking thingies, for the Stuart Lake trailhead on Sunday. Will pick up from your place (Sat), bring back promptly (Mon or Tue), and buy you a beer at pube club (which costs the same as a day pass but beer for you is a much better way to spend my $).

How about it? Anyone?

catbirdseat said:

Calm down my son. It's going to be alright. I'll lend you my trail pass if you can't afford it.

You know that if you go tearing down the signs they will hire some slob to put it back up and that much less money will be spent maintaining the trail.

I just got back from dealing w/all of the b.s. at redrocks (anyone who's been knows what I'm talking about), so it really touched a nerve. And I just found out about the $5 fee for using Larabee state park the other day madgo_ron.gif.

Yeah, damn MAD about all those retarded fee's constantly hounding me. BUT not to shabby that if you got kids you got a fat check coming, and I noticed today my paycheck was a tad bigger for some tax cut thingy I read on the bulletin board. I am not so much against all the fee's as I am the hassle of it all. Seems the government used to tax the shit out of us and just give it back to the local GOV. but figured they were fucking up big time. So they are cutting the cord and giving the money back to the people and let them pay for what they use/do.

catbirdseat said:

Calm down my son. It's going to be alright. I'll lend you my trail pass if you can't afford it.

You know that if you go tearing down the signs they will hire some slob to put it back up and that much less money will be spent maintaining the trail.

Fuck the man, and fuck his lackeys. madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif Catbird, you sound like a lackey hellno3d.gif

Yeah all this fee stuff is bullshit. Out in NH they had the same thing, of course they don't charge the RV driving, polluting, littering people at thier road side parking lots. They don't stick some of kyakers with parking fees from what I have seen. The big camping/parking area near Index for the Moto riders didn't seem to have a fee box. This thing about sticking selected users fees while the rest get to enjoy the benefits, is crap. In NH I just never bought a pass and threw away all the ticket I got. I imagine that I will do the same here. I could see if it was fair and all user were paying the fees, but they're not, so I am not going to pay.

I liked some of the ideas that I heard about making copies of the passes and reusing day passes, those are good ideas. I might start doing that so I don't have to throw away tickets.

The whole getting worked up about it is silly. What's that going to accomplish, nothing. Tearing down signs smashing in windows sounds like something I feel like doing, but as someone I believe mentioned, they'll just increase the fees to cover the expenses. I just stick my middle finger in the air at them, and go on my merry way.