Tickets at Stuart lake trail head

Alasdair

Any one know what the fine is for not having a NW forest pass at Stuart lake trail head? The fuck wad who put it on the car neglegted to fill out how much the fucking thing would cost.

Does that mean that the ticket is void and does not need to be paid because it was filled out incorrectly?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ITS NOT A TICKET IT IS FORCED COMPLIENCE ON A SOMETHING THAT IS NOT EVEN LAW. THROW THAT TRASH IN THE WASTE BIN.

ALSO IF A CITATION IS NOT FILLED OUT COMPLETLY BY THE ISSUING OFFICER THEN IT IS VOID.

DONT RECONIZE THEIR SCAM!

DONT PAY THE NOTICE!

FUCK THE TOOL!

i believe they can only ticket you if you are at your vehichle, otherwise they can't prove it was you driving the vehichle that day or something gay like that.

like e said, this is just asking you to kindly send a check in, but don't do it. they might actually log your non compliance into a databse somewhere but the forest service is way 1981 so i wouldn't count on it.

Thanks for the info so far, but let me add some info and questions.

- The ticket looks much more official than ones I have got in the past. Includes phone number to get court date for federal magistrate. Does this mean that just ignoring the ticket will cause it to double and then fuck me more in the long run?

- Will sending in a check for "No dollars" (the amount of the fine) piss these people off more and cause them to fuck me by making me fight it by standing up in front of a magistrate?

I too got a ticket, but it states $50 --pay or contest it in U.S. District Court. I don't have the time nor the inclination to fight it. So I just paid. Couple of years ago I had a trailhead permit in my other car and wrote that on a napkin left on the dashboard for the trailhead for Vesper Peak. They gave me some kind of Fed. violation citation, but it didn't involve court; so I never paid it any mind. You're right this one, even though the ticket is paid to a location in Atlanta, appears more enforceable.

I got a Trail Park Pass ticket ($50) at that trailhead this weekend also, issued from some asshole named Jerry Mannin.

I used to get those little yellow tickets that asked for five bucks (and still do anywhere other than the Leavenworth Ranger district! madgo_ron.gif), and I always threw them away. I'm not sure if I can do that with this one though. Payments are supposed to be to the "Central Violations Bureau."

Are these more-official-looking ones merely a bluff too?

I'm thinking that I will contest it, and send it in asking for a court date. Perhaps there is a chance that they won't pursue it, but if they send me a court date then I will decide at that time whether to show up or just pay the $50.

By the way, if you DO have a Trail Park Pass then write notes on it telling the Trail-Nazi that you don't support the Fee Demo Program.

Also, tear down the "Trail Park Pass Required" signs when no one is looking!

THE TOOL APPROACHED ME THIS WEEKEND WHILE I WAS MAKING BREAKFAST IN THE PARKING LOT BEHIND BARNEYS RUBBLE. HE WAS ALL LIKE "DID YOU CAMP HERE LAST NIGHT??"

I WAS LIKE "NO DUDE, I DIDNT ITS ILLEGAL, YOU'VE GOT SIGNS UP ALL OVER THE PLACE"

HE WAS LIKE "YEAH, CUZ WE WANT TO KEEP PEOPLE IN ONE SPOT."

I WAS LIKE " YEAH SO YOU CAN PRIVATIZE PUBLIC LAND AND ALLOW BUSINESSES TO RUN IT SO YOU CAN CHARGE MORE."

HE WAS LIKE "THERE ARE LOTS OF FREE PLACES TO CAMP IN THE ICICLE"

I WAS LIKE "YEAH I KNOW AND THATS WHERE I CAMP WHEN I DO, CAUSE I WOULD NEVER GIVE YOUR COMPANY ANYMORE MONEY TO RUIN THIS PLACE"

HE WAS LIKE "HE I AM JUST DOING MY JOB"

AND I WAS LIKE :YEAH MAN YOU ARE. YOU ARE THE DIRECT CONTACT WITH THE USERS OF THIS PUBLIC LAND, YOU ARE A PUBLIC EMPLOYEE, SO YOU WILL LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY, AS THE FAT CATS DOWN IN WENATCHEE ARE TOO BUSY DRIVIN AROUND TAHOES MAKING NEW RULES SO YOU CAN MAKE MORE MONEY OFF OF PUBLIC LAND.

HE LEFT REAL QUICK.

THEY PROLLY WROTE DOWN MY LICENSE NUMBER AND PUT A TRACKING BEACON ON IT.

I HATE THE TOOL!

the_finger.gif

Nice job, erik. thumbs_up.gif

Matt: So it sounds like you can "forget the pass at home", photocopy one that someone's paid for, and avoid the fine?

I like the idea of sending a check for zero dollars. Forgetting to fill out the ticket correctly sounds like the kind of technicality that would get the ticket thrown out in court.

According to my roommate (the one whos car the ticket was placed on) his fighting it in court may get the ticket thrown out, but would also get him his ass handed to him by the federal magistrate. He is a lawyer. According to him judges dont appreciate lawyers who waste court time getting things such a parking tickets thrown out. Then again my roommate is a lazy fuck, and if it means paying $50 or going to court, he would rather pay the $50.

slothrop said:

Matt: So it sounds like you can "forget the pass at home", photocopy one that someone's paid for, and avoid the fine?

It's worth a shot. I dunno if the person answering the phone has any say in deciding whether to accept a faxed copy. They may have been having a good day or whatever when my friend called and it's possible they might decide at another time to make you pay. Or they might just be an underling of some sort, following orders and tell everyone the same thing.

I personally think it's easier to park just on the other side of the trailhead pass needed sign (1/4 mile is the official distance) and avoid getting a ticket in the first place. I've never gotten a ticket doing this, even in Nazi ranger district at the Stuart Lake trailhead last fall.

erik said:

THE TOOL APPROACHED ME THIS WEEKEND WHILE I WAS MAKING BREAKFAST IN THE PARKING LOT BEHIND BARNEYS RUBBLE. HE WAS ALL LIKE "DID YOU CAMP HERE LAST NIGHT??"

I WAS LIKE "NO DUDE, I DIDNT ITS ILLEGAL, YOU'VE GOT SIGNS UP ALL OVER THE PLACE"

HE WAS LIKE "YEAH, CUZ WE WANT TO KEEP PEOPLE IN ONE SPOT."

I WAS LIKE " YEAH SO YOU CAN PRIVATIZE PUBLIC LAND AND ALLOW BUSINESSES TO RUN IT SO YOU CAN CHARGE MORE."

HE WAS LIKE "THERE ARE LOTS OF FREE PLACES TO CAMP IN THE ICICLE"

I WAS LIKE "YEAH I KNOW AND THATS WHERE I CAMP WHEN I DO, CAUSE I WOULD NEVER GIVE YOUR COMPANY ANYMORE MONEY TO RUIN THIS PLACE"

HE WAS LIKE "HE I AM JUST DOING MY JOB"

AND I WAS LIKE :YEAH MAN YOU ARE. YOU ARE THE DIRECT CONTACT WITH THE USERS OF THIS PUBLIC LAND, YOU ARE A PUBLIC EMPLOYEE, SO YOU WILL LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY, AS THE FAT CATS DOWN IN WENATCHEE ARE TOO BUSY DRIVIN AROUND TAHOES MAKING NEW RULES SO YOU CAN MAKE MORE MONEY OFF OF PUBLIC LAND.

HE LEFT REAL QUICK.

THEY PROLLY WROTE DOWN MY LICENSE NUMBER AND PUT A TRACKING BEACON ON IT.

I HATE THE TOOL!

the_finger.gif

Can I get that in a can, or some handy consumer packaging I could open at an appropriate time?

A do not understand anyone here.

- Gates keep the 4x4 howdies from fucking up the roads when covered with snow

- The roads to the trailheads get plowed and maintained

- There are toliets at many trailheads. Less shit and TP in the woods near parking lots.

- The trails are occationally maintained

- Crowds are kept at bay in popular area via permit restrictions

The Wa/Ore trail pass is cheap. Grow up, the days of free recreation are long gone.

Alasdair said:

According to my roommate (the one whos car the ticket was placed on) his fighting it in court may get the ticket thrown out, but would also get him his ass handed to him by the federal magistrate. He is a lawyer. According to him judges dont appreciate lawyers who waste court time getting things such a parking tickets thrown out. Then again my roommate is a lazy fuck, and if it means paying $50 or going to court, he would rather pay the $50.

Let me get this straight.. your roomate was ticketed. He is a lawyer and you are asking for legal advice on cc.com about his ticket?

I personally wouldn't send any money for a ticket that didn't indicate an amount. I remember reading some stuff about fighting these tickets in court a while ago which may or may not be relevant. Try Wild Wilderness for links.

MtnHigh said:

A do not understand anyone here.

- Gates keep the 4x4 howdies from fucking up the roads when covered with snow

- The roads to the trailheads get plowed and maintained

- There are toliets at many trailheads. Less shit and TP in the woods near parking lots.

- The trails are occationally maintained

- Crowds are kept at bay in popular area via permit restrictions

The Wa/Ore trail pass is cheap. Grow up, the days of free recreation are long gone.

faq dat dood- you really think that one toilet and some trail maintenance is only bein spent by our dollars...what about them shinny new trucks and spendy electornics?!?! fuck that...i would rather put in 40 hours on the trail maintenance...or even cleaning out the shitter than pay that bull shit "user fee" the_finger.giftool