new ben harper cd

gapertimmy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax, man. Throw that corporate swill in the trash with this morning's coffee grounds, and sit tight until May, when you'll be treated to a torrent of new releases, from NOFX, Less Than Jake, and the Alkaline Trio. Or if you're getting antsy, check out the new one from The Black Keys, as it seems to be a goodie.

rockband.gif

I just got the lattest Dope cd, and it rockband.gif

and also to all you oreguners, you should check out a band called clutter... no cd's yet, but they are going to be huge... my friends band, they play alot of the valley(eugene, albany, salem, and portland) but they have also played in bend before... they have a "Tool" sound and style... they are going to play in eugene the 19th at the wet lands, but they are playing at The Tonic Lounge in P-town wen. the 9th....

Off_White said:

Yeah Doc, I haven't heard Black Keys on disc, but live in PDX awhile back they were a good time.

They're streaming the whole damn album for free at http://www.epitaph.com right now. While it sounded pretty Hendrixy, it didn't really seem derivative or cheesy, and it sounds like they fuckin' play like they mean it. Also, in a more traditional (i.e. 70+ year-old Miss'ippian and his guitar) blues vein, the unparallellable Robert Belfour is droppin' a new disc on Fat Possum Records real soon. http://www.fatpossum.com

Yeah the new CD is nothing like old Ben. Thank you corporate music! Plus you can't play it on your PC without using their stupid app.

I've actually been buying CD recently after not buying them for a couple years. But I've changed my mind after I read a couple things.

Some college kid in Michigan is getting suid by the RIAA for not a few million, but 100 billion dollars. Don't believe me here is the article

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/04/05/1931233&mode=thread&tid=141&tid=98

Incubus, who I somewhat like, has filed suit against Sony because they are getting ripped off and want out of their contract. Sony obviously filed a countersuit saying it will cost them millions and wants their court costs for their 20 lawyers. There are tons of stories like this.

Ben Harper is the man. True, his latest album isn't his best, but he's got a few great cuts on there (own 2 hands...) Most of his best stuff I get off the internet (covers, long drawn out live performances, etc). If you only buy one of his albums- get live From Mars- his cover of "sexual Healing" makes me all warm and fuzzy- makes me want to give that special lady a little sumpin sumpin. smileysex5.gif

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

randygoat said:

It would be interesting if the Black Keys and the White Stripes toured together.

Maybe a package tour with Yellowman, the Red Elvises, Orange 9mm, Tom Green, and Deep Purple?

would they play the blues yellaf.gif

Toast said:

Try out the new Calexico disc, so good. Also I'm all over the new Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks. thumbs_up.gif

DFA's been meaning to check out Calexico. Stereophile magazine gave 'em a good review, and it sounded like good muzak.

Something about the word "Jicks", however, makes it hard to even consider listening to their music. Y'know? Like, what the fuck is a jick?

Dru said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

randygoat said:

It would be interesting if the Black Keys and the White Stripes toured together.

Maybe a package tour with Yellowman, the Red Elvises, Orange 9mm, Tom Green, and Deep Purple?

would they play the blues yellaf.gif

Maybe they could get Rainbow back together grin.gif