RobBob

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JoshK said:

Can somebody more familiar with modified trucks please explain to me how doing something as pictured in the giant excursion picture helps you with clearance? It seems you still have pretty much stock clearance below the axles. It seems all this does is raise the body up, eh?

Yeah, but with 30" of suspension travel, you can drive it directly off the top of three-story parking structures when traffic's bad, and still not spill your double caramel macchiato with extra dry foam. Speaking of which, does that not appear to be a shopping mall pictured behind the beast?

And how much do those chrome leaf-springs the size of a Volkswagen Bug cost, anyway? hellno3d.gif

JGowans said:

Jim, If you care about the environment, take the shit you need for work, strap it to a fucking yak and walk to work.

People who ride oversized yaks to work clearly are compensating for some sort of inadequacy. Besides consuming copius amount of pasturage, and belching clouds of ozone-destroying methane into the air, their monstrous size makes them a hazard on the road for others. Because of their long hoof-base they can easily become high-centered, and given their high center of gravity, they roll easily. Yaks are nothing but status symbols, and most people that own them never even take them offroad!

yak.jpg

Instead, I'd recommend an agile and environmentally-friendly alpaca. Besides higher fuel economy and lower emissions, they are quite talented at 4th classing sections of the Cascades where yuppies who are afraid of getting their yaks dirty fear to tread.

alpaca.jpg

JoshK said:

Can somebody more familiar with modified trucks please explain to me how doing something as pictured in the giant excursion picture helps you with clearance? It seems you still have pretty much stock clearance below the axles. It seems all this does is raise the body up, eh?

You's gotta raise the body to get bigger tires in there, that is the only way to get more clearance. I'm betting those tires are bigger than average, they just look small under the excursion.

The real way to get clearance is to use portal axles like a hummer or unimog. 18" under the lowest point of my truck! tongue.gif

That looks like a pimp rig anyway. rolleyes.gif Who the hell wants chrome springs???

• 5 months later...