NEWS FLASH!!

Necronomicon

stinkyclimber said:

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

well anything is possible wink.gif

come on guys... this is horribly sad on all sides. I am a woman... I am crying in the streets. Wether or not the war is JUST I do not know. I supose we wont know, because only history will tell us. But the fact is that people who are our (my perspective) SONS our CHILDREN, HUSBANDS, BROTHERS what have you are in mortal danger trying to do what there comander and cheif is telling them they must do. Yes DFA I am sure ity is much worse in Iraque and I feel the pain and terror of those women too. But at this point it is too late to stop it. The war has begun...I hope saddom gets his ASS KICKED and all our boys come home safe and well.

has anyone heard from Glacierdog??? frown.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Yes, excellent, lets close our eyes, click our heels and return to Kansas. And let's not concern ourselves with the lives of those other human beings...Iraqi civilians and conscripts. Lets just "kick their ass" and minimize our own suffering.

I cry for everyone over there and won't be happy until EVERYONE stops killing one another in this senseless war...matters not whether they are American, Iraqi, Kuwaiti or British.

try reading more than just my LAST sentece ass wipe madgo_ron.gif

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

stinkyclimber said:

"Truth is always the first casualty of wartime."

Agreed, when it is the military speaking the "truth". Except in THIS case, it is the news media in the supposedly leading nation of the free world who have deliberately omitted material information.

They are just being lazy and regurgitating the pap the military gives them. There is no interest in the corporate powers running the media in presenting any other side of the story as it would cost more to do so and might be a story the mass of complacent citizens would not want to hear. Gee-whiz tehnco pieces on how many moving parts a Bradley AFV has are way easier to produce and might sell a few commercials for Humvees too.

tomcat said:

stinkyclimber said:

Tomcat, your arguement rests primarily on your conviction that the UN Weapons Inspection Team (not just one guy - hundreds of them) is wrong, and that your GW Bush is right. Regardless of my personal feelings of Bush, it seems to me that that is a pretty limited conviction to go to war. Hardly convincing evidence. Perhaps lack of convincing evidence...but is the abscense of evidence enough to kill a lot of people.

And VeggieBelay's article about "banned missles". Oh no - he has decade-old inaccurate short-range missles that go 200km! That is a threat to the USA? No, that is 10 years worth of vengence, similar to Versailles: "The dude lost the war, so we'll punish him for a decade and not allow him the same armaments that everyone else in the region has". I would feel differently if he had ICBMs or something, but those are short-range missles that Israel might worry about, but then if they do, then THEY should go to war, no?

Do me a favor .. go read resolution 1441 and, in light of all mitigating circumstances, you tell me if you think the resolution was followed word for word. If not, you can't disagree with my opinion.

Don't try and twist this on me telling me I believe GW Bush -- I do the reading for myself and draw my own conclusions -- something the peace protester crowd is obviously having problems with. My convictions are not influenced by one person, or what one person has said -- I make my own investigations and draw my own conclusions from these investigations. It's this simple. So now you know I've read resolution 1441 and I have seen evidence of Saddam willingly disregarding the resolution, please contest my beliefs with hard facts like I have just done.

Nope, you are correct. They have not followed the spirit or the letter of the resolution. But diplomacy isn't limited to blindly following pieces of paper written long ago, in a different context and for various and sundry motives. If you want justification to fight a war, then by all means go ahead and write an overly rigid UN resolution, then follow it to the letter regardless of other factors (like Blix saying that they are finally making progress; like the fact that Iraq is totally contained (300,000 surrounding troops!) and that there is no immediate or even medium-term threat to anyone. Do people really go to war over pieces of paper? I suppose they do...pretty sad.

stinkyclimber said:

tomcat said:

stinkyclimber said:

Tomcat, your arguement rests primarily on your conviction that the UN Weapons Inspection Team (not just one guy - hundreds of them) is wrong, and that your GW Bush is right. Regardless of my personal feelings of Bush, it seems to me that that is a pretty limited conviction to go to war. Hardly convincing evidence. Perhaps lack of convincing evidence...but is the abscense of evidence enough to kill a lot of people.

And VeggieBelay's article about "banned missles". Oh no - he has decade-old inaccurate short-range missles that go 200km! That is a threat to the USA? No, that is 10 years worth of vengence, similar to Versailles: "The dude lost the war, so we'll punish him for a decade and not allow him the same armaments that everyone else in the region has". I would feel differently if he had ICBMs or something, but those are short-range missles that Israel might worry about, but then if they do, then THEY should go to war, no?

Do me a favor .. go read resolution 1441 and, in light of all mitigating circumstances, you tell me if you think the resolution was followed word for word. If not, you can't disagree with my opinion.

Don't try and twist this on me telling me I believe GW Bush -- I do the reading for myself and draw my own conclusions -- something the peace protester crowd is obviously having problems with. My convictions are not influenced by one person, or what one person has said -- I make my own investigations and draw my own conclusions from these investigations. It's this simple. So now you know I've read resolution 1441 and I have seen evidence of Saddam willingly disregarding the resolution, please contest my beliefs with hard facts like I have just done.

Nope, you are correct. They have not followed the spirit or the letter of the resolution. But diplomacy isn't limited to blindly following pieces of paper written long ago, in a different context and for various and sundry motives. If you want justification to fight a war, then by all means go ahead and write an overly rigid UN resolution, then follow it to the letter regardless of other factors (like Blix saying that they are finally making progress; like the fact that Iraq is totally contained (300,000 surrounding troops!) and that there is no immediate or even medium-term threat to anyone. Do people really go to war over pieces of paper? I suppose they do...pretty sad.

I kind of agree with your assessment of the resolution. I agree the US designed the resolution to make an excuse to invade and disarm Iraq. But I firmly believe this needs to be done, and I haven't heard a single argument of rebuttal that makes any bit of sense .. I've heard strictly touchy- feely, compassionate arguments from the war protesters that aren't rooted in the smallest facet of reality. Until I hear a good argument, I continue to stand by my beliefs 100%.

Round four! boxing_smiley.gif

tomcat said:

erik said:

tom it is funny to read your last post. you contradicted yourself in your 1st two sentences!

cheerio!

I doubt I contradicted myself .. point out the contradiction and I'll point out how you misinterpreted it. Cheers!

I see where you may have erroneously thought I contradicted myself, but let me explain

I agree the resolution was designed to be tough .. and that the US believed when it constructed the resolution that the Iraqi regime was not going to live up to the resolution. HOWEVER, I believe Iraq needs to be disarmed, and I also believe this was a good tactic to go about doing it. Those aren't contradictory, they are complementary .. complementary my dear watson.

jon said:

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

jon said:

HEADS!!!!!

JON YOU SUCK frown.gif

Those are the same assholes that flew airplanes full of innocent people into buildings full of innocent people.

I STILL DON"T WANT TO WATCH THEM DIE madgo_ron.gif I am going to have nightmares now frown.gif

I don't have to actually argue my point around here. This is not a forum for arguing, or even discussing for that matter. It's a forum for fomenting and inciting. I'm kind of like Goebbels, in a way, but my aims are different. I don't want you to think about what I have to say, I want you to react.

War is killing your enemy. Killing your enemy is killing a human being. I haven't been brainwashed enough yet to think that killing a human being is a good thing.

Jon pics of the ragheads getting blasted into a million bits were informative. Interestingly, as the wave front radiated outward from the center of the explosion, it brought with it the former occupants of the personnel carrier. In the process, if it were powerfull enough, it would have flattened their bodies, pressed the air out of their lungs, crushed their organs, stretched the arms until the muscles tore and the bones snapped, burst the eyeballs, crushed the skulls.

I have a really hard time getting anything out of life when I know that a lot of people are doing some serious suffering right now, and I am bankrolling the whole thing. Would you like to be a refugee? Would your kids cry when two thousand pounds of high explosives go off a couple blocks away?

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

jon said:

Those are the same assholes that flew airplanes full of innocent people into buildings full of innocent people.

Eh? Most of the planes-full-of-innocent-people crashers were from Saudi A., weren't they? confused.gif

dfa are you saying the the us federal govenment is in cahoots with alqueda terrorists?! ooo.gif

and what of this calise group winter spoke of ealier?? bush and bin laden making millions off of arms sales!!

clean up the mess we make boys. i guess thats the lesson here.

A terrorist is a terrorist no matter what nationality they are, they want to kill people to prove a point that is in fact pointless. People who support these people are also terrorists, you don't have to be the one flying the plane to be guilty. These are the same people who, to the horror of US generals watching overhead with a Predator aircraft, drug off a critically injured American special forces soldier that fell out of helicopter and executed him.

Tell me, what is more disturbing, seeing a bunch of terrorists getting what they deserve or seeing people jumping out of a hundered story building because they would rather live their last moments accelerating at the ground at 9.8m/s^2 then being burned alive by thousands of pounds of Jet-A.

Should this thread get an award for most sustained posting at an average of 14 posts an hour for 10 hours?

One thing is clear: there is a buttload of misinformation coming out from both pro and anti-war sides of the argument. It is fair to say that there is more to it than the uber-simplistic terms bush is talking in and less to it than the "hellbent on greed" the anti-bushes are proclaiming.

A quote I heard a while ago that is worth remembering, "Americans are not hated for their values, but rather their departures from them."

Take it as you will and form your own opinions. Being a critical reader, even of what you want to hear, is part of not being a Sheep.

That being said, I do believe it is time for a bigdrink.gif

Oh yeah, and don't confuse support of troops with support of war. Nuff said.

glen said:

Should this thread get an award for most sustained posting at an average of 14 posts an hour for 10 hours?

One thing is clear: there is a buttload of misinformation coming out from both pro and anti-war sides of the argument. It is fair to say that there is more to it than the uber-simplistic terms bush is talking in and less to it than the "hellbent on greed" the anti-bushes are proclaiming.

A quote I heard a while ago that is worth remembering, "Americans are not hated for their values, but rather their departures from them."

Take it as you will and form your own opinions. Being a critical reader, even of what you want to hear, is part of not being a Sheep.

That being said, I do believe it is time for a bigdrink.gif

Oh yeah, and don't confuse support of troops with support of war. Nuff said.

Fuckin A Glen, I don't know if you're for this invasion or against, but I agree with every word you said. thumbs_up.gif

Quit whining. I feel bad for the innocents who will be injured here. But better them than us. We are not the loose cannon. The Hussein regime is. We are removing them from power. Innocents will die. That's a hard fact to face, but what else should we do? Wait for the UN to pass more inneffective resolutions? Waste 12 more years waiting for a dictator to see the light and embrace his fellow man? Too late for that. We are striking surgically at the root of the problem. Our technology is every more accurate. This will not take long. It's happening. Mourn the innocent who will die. Mourn the soldiers in the field who will die. But keep in sight the goal. We are working to improve the world. Some cancers just need to be cut out.