staunch sport climbing ethics

richard_noggin

My partner won't adhere to my staunch sport climbing ethics.

Were hanging at the local crag , start with a warm up on a 5.8 he does his usual elvis leg( the dude so old he farts dust) than we go to 10-b to get the flash pump over with( it really pisses me off that a weak old dude can style a climb better than me) than we send a couple more classic 10's and move to the prod of the day .

Gramps takes the first lead on the 11-B , at the 4th bolt the oldsteer takes a fall than yells dirt me dude, he than unties and pulls the rope and reties in and climbs on it again and sends .

The problem i have with this is he left the first 4 draws on , so I tell the old phuk that it was a pink point.

He sayes that's just as good .

Old or not I just can't let him get away with not adhereing to my staunch sport climbing ethics.

Are you sprayers going to back me up or what????

bigdrink.gifyellaf.gif

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I climbed Sniffle Tower and almost took a 100fter when a hold broke on the last 4th class pitch. Overall a pretty shitty climb, save the 5th pitch. Outstanding view from the top however. I guess we got the pinkpoint though cause on the last tiny aid bolt someone had left some spectra cord and a biner and I used both. I am such a wanker.

I throw out a perfictly good troll , I mean sport climbing and ethics in the same sentance and this is all i get from cc cyber nerds this site is really getting boreing yellowsleep.gif and the spray is getting lame rolleyes.gif

This is what happens when you moderate the shit out of free speach cry.gif

And what up with sexual butt nuget ? It can't be the same sprayer that first used that avatar.

If your going to trade avatars you have to keep the character going. wazzup.gif

Nice of you to drop by, we've missed you too Richard. yellaf.gif

I thought this all got hashed out months ago when it became apparent that sportos consider leading a route with pre-placed draws a red point. yellowsleep.gif Whatever. Do you want your monniker changed to "Retro Trad Post-Modern Sport Climber" ?

texplorer said:

friends, cc.comers,tradmen,

Lend me your gear,

I come bury sport climbing not to praise it,

The bolting men do lives after them, their good is often only in the gym

So let it be with sportos

For they are all, all honorable men

stupid liberal arts students...

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

No necesitas ayada, necesitas una cabaza que no tiene rocas in it.

Como se dice the last part of that en Espanol correcto?

"necesitas una cabeza que no tiene rocas dento" but it would be even better to say something like "necesitas no ser tan gilipollas" (such a stupid jerk)

forrest_m said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

No necesitas ayada, necesitas una cabaza que no tiene rocas in it.

Como se dice the last part of that en Espanol correcto?

"necesitas una cabeza que no tiene rocas dento" but it would be even better to say something like "necesitas no ser tan gilipollas" (such a stupid jerk)

o necesitas no ser un pinche gavacho!

I miss the keyboards in Mexico with the upside down question marks and exclaimation marks. frown.gif

It's in the 90s and sunny in Oaxaca. Why did I ever come back?! confused.gif

Off_White said:

Nice of you to drop by, we've missed you too Richard. yellaf.gif

I thought this all got hashed out months ago when it became apparent that sportos consider leading a route with pre-placed draws a red point. yellowsleep.gif Whatever. Do you want your monniker changed to "Retro Trad Post-Modern Sport Climber" ?

Hey Off wit( getting a little full of yourself arn't you) this site is getting really boring just trying to stir up conversation the_finger.gif

Some Sportos may consider pre placed draws a red point but the ones like me who plug as much gear as draws don't, just like we don't consider a trad lead that all the gear is not placed on lead a redpoint or first ascent

Missed you too Off Wit rolleyes.gif

If I have made your blood hot at least I have rizen someone from the dead on this site . Even Trask acts like he is on double secret probation.

I am a working stiff again, you know blue collar , real work, up at 5 , blood and sweat for you money spray at you tomorrow bigdrink.gifevils3d.gif

Something poped into my head while slaveing away in the coal mine today. If preplaceing gear is acceptiable than i could get First ascents on sick hard cracks. Now pink is pink and red is red but maybe I would be willing to bend the rules a bit. In the past i have been a 5.10 crack climber but with these new rules I could be a sick hard 5.11 crack climber .

So all you rock cop ethics judges better speak up or I will dawn a pair of spandex, rap, clean, preplace gear, sportcrack sent it and call them First ascents. the_finger.gif

richard_noggin said:

Something poped into my head while slaveing away in the coal mine today. If preplaceing gear is acceptiable than i could get First ascents on sick hard cracks. Now pink is pink and red is red but maybe I would be willing to bend the rules a bit. In the past i have been a 5.10 crack climber but with these new rules I could be a sick hard 5.11 crack climber .

So all you rock cop ethics judges better speak up or I will dawn a pair of spandex, rap, clean, preplace gear, sportcrack sent it and call them First ascents. the_finger.gif

Ummm..."Sick hard 5.11 crack climber" doesn't go together unless you happen to be ill w/ the flu, reading a penthouse and then start climbing... fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

I'm not sure what the definition of "sick, hard" crack climbing is, but i don't think 5.11 is in it...maybe its relative though...

Edited by RuMR