PUB CLUB TUESEDAY 2-18

Dave_Schuldt

As usual the Alki rules! Cheap burgers and fun folks. There was a posse from Tacoma and the West Seattle crew was there.

Hey Dave you could have made it even if you were hurt from biking. As one of your favorite songs goes.

The wheels on the bus go round and round

round and round

round and round

The wheels on the bus go round and round

all over town

wave.gifwazzup.gif

snaf.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

catbirdseat said:

I walked into Alki Tavern at 7 pm and saw no one there that I knew. The place reeked like a cesspool and looked like one. Every patron was smoking. The music was so loud you'd have to shout to carry on a conversation. I spun on my heel and left without waiting for anyone to show up. I'll never go back to that dive. I don't care if they gave away free microbrew.

Hey, if you like the Alki, you'll love the Blue Moon.

fruit.gif

Blue Moon huh?

I was joking chucK.

While I do have a soft spot for the Blue Moon (it was the first tavern I ever snuck into underage)... it is a stinky, smoke filled tavern with no food service, a skanky set of bathrooms, and dope peddlers, drunks and homeless folks for patrons. Sunday nights ain't what it used to be, and buskers, artisans and bar dogs are scarce these days.

Aaaah, memories... bigdrink.gif

And a report from Bend,- the Deschutes brewery was a great place for some drinks Tuesday, sorry I missed you guys. Last night, kegger around a bonfire in the woods for Freeheelers; tonight, kegger at our place and salmon dinner, too- these "paid to play" ski trips are rough!

Not to be contradictary Davie, but I ride any of three buses that go from downtown, directly down harbor avenue, and a stop right in front of the Alki. And there is always the ever popular water taxi, but it is not running until april, i think, that goes from the ferry docks to the dock right out side of the Alki.

As far as smokey and stinky goes, yeah the Alki's got that, but the only thing worse than a smokey, stinky bar is a closed minded idiot that limits themselves to a non smoking atmosphere.

hikerwa said:[/bAs far as smokey and stinky goes, yeah the Alki's got that, but the only thing worse than a smokey, stinky bar is a closed minded idiot that limits themselves to a non smoking atmosphere.
I never said a bar has to be non-smoking. I can tolerate some smoke, but Alki happened to be over my limit. The only reason I go to Pub Club is to have fun and talk to people. I'm not a big drinker. I like to sit and listen to conversations, which sometimes might be at the other end of the table. It was hard to hear someone screaming in front of your face at Alki. If I can't have fun, why go? It is probably a good bar to go to and get plastered, if that's what you're after. Those days are well behind me.