Ropeup 2009!

olyclimber

Just a "save the date" notice for now.

Sept 25-27th. Bridge Creek group campsite.

I have one of the more prolific PNW climbers this year lined up for a slide show, and we'll most likely be having some sort of fundraising for helping to buy the Lower Town Wall.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question. I've been to Rockfest a number of times over the years, and tried to make it to Rope Up in 2007, but was unable to. From what I've heard, Rope up is similar to Rockfest, just on a smaller, and more casual, scale. What kind of equiptment does each person need to bring? I have shoes and a harness, but none of the ropes or belay devices, etc, as I don't get to climb nearly as often as I'd like to. If someone could even just point me in the right direction for info, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks

~Amber

What kind of equiptment does each person need to bring?

~Amber

A liter of tequila, 20 miligrams of mescaline, some crayola crayons, duct tape, and 40 yards of bailing twine.

a tape-recorder and a shotgun mike are also useful, or so i hear :)

What kind of equiptment does each person need to bring?

~Amber

A liter of tequila, 20 miligrams of mescaline, some crayola crayons, duct tape, and 40 yards of bailing twine.

Not every rope up will be like last year. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

that sounds like a ropeup worth attending and in the best spirits of the dirtbags that kicked off the first CC.com Leavenwurst Ropeup.

....anyone remember the year the American Alpine Club bought 300 bucks worth of sausages and beer for everyone and John Harlin from the AAJ showed up to reminisce..

damn straight. you guys rock. keep the party rolling....

• 2 weeks later...

also looking for slideshow material. i was thinking it would be cool to make a slideshow of a particular area (like the Bugaboos or something) and have everyone who has climbed there (I have not unfortunately) show some pics of what they did.

just an idea.

also looking for slideshow material. i was thinking it would be cool to make a slideshow of a particular area (like the Bugaboos or something) and have everyone who has climbed there (I have not unfortunately) show some pics of what they did.

just an idea.

I have some mediocre photos of some moderate local climbs from this summer if that helps.