dumbass bureaucrat at the dump

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary you should have impressed him your Peak Canister Puncher and maybe he would have let you in free.

LOL

I didn't want to get started with him on that..

"Sorry, we don't take pressurized gas canisters."

"But this is not pressurized."

"Yes it is, it says so."

"No it's not. I depressurized it. See the hole?"

"But it used to take pressurized gas."

"But now it's just metal. Every damn website on the internet says that this is the procedure to recycle them."

"Our website doesn't say so."

"Because the govt doesn't want the liability of telling people to pierce something possibly pressurized and flammable."

"You still can't leave it here."

"Go stick your dick in that nail hole (it should be about the right width) and eff off."

So what you are sayin' is that because you where on a bike you should not have to pay like the rest of us? If you where in your car, would you still have refused to pay as well?

I would have been pretty steamed in a car too. As I said before, I could have disposed of the wood legally for free in the dumpster for my apartment. But rather than the wood go into a landfill, I wanted it recycled or reused. I should not have to pay a premium for recycling or reuse.

There are three reasons one should pay to go to the dump:

- so you don't go to the dump in lieu of regular garbage service

- extra fees for garbage beyond what normally fits into a single can

- extra fees for garbage with special needs

And yes, you will never see me run a stop sign on my bicycle. Will I track-stand and California-roll through stop signs? Just as much as cars do, with way less the danger to anyone else around. :fahq:

Gary you should have impressed him your Peak Canister Puncher and maybe he would have let you in free.

LOL

I didn't want to get started with him on that..

"Sorry, we don't take pressurized gas canisters."

"But this is not pressurized."

"Yes it is, it says so."

"No it's not. I depressurized it. See the hole?"

"But it used to take pressurized gas."

"But now it's just metal. Every damn website on the internet says that this is the procedure to recycle them."

"Our website doesn't say so."

"Because the govt doesn't want the liability of telling people to pierce something possibly pressurized and flammable."

"You still can't leave it here."

"Go stick your dick in that nail hole (it should be about the right width) and eff off."

i have this fantasy too. every night.

Does that big biker dude still work the booth? He always struck me as the kind of guy who would be nice enough to let you recycle everything for free including your bicycle.

I have had good luck with the online dump. They will pick up just about anything remotely reusable right from your front lawn.

Yes, he does. I love that guy's voice!

Lots of dumbasses have trouble dealing with people on bikes

That's because lots of people on bikes are dipshits. "Look! I'm on a bike! I'm riding a bike and your not!" Get over yourselves, you look like fools.

Gary: It sounds like you got out of paying your fair share on a bullshit technicality and idiotic logic. If so, you stole, thief. Way to pull one over on the guy working at the dump. You're a douche bag.

Hey, Justin! Shut up, Dick-bag Shit-Stain

I was off to a good start when some younger city workers up front cheered when I showed up on my bike with a backpack full of stuff.

Then I went to the entrance with the weigh station and met the quintessential bureaucrat.

Apparently he have never seen anyone show up to the dump before on a bicycle.

I was there to recycle a steel garbage can (free) and some wood (about 75% of which was reusable).

The dude wanted to charge me $15, the price for bringing any amount of junk in a sedan.

I explained to him that the sign says specifically cars, not bicycles, and he told me to take it up w/ city council. I then pointed out that I could put my backpack (had all the recyclables in it or attached to it) in the next car that showed up, and it would still be the same price. He then said the extra weight could change the cost (if it were a pickup truck), and I was like, "Dude, I'm carrying it on my back. How much can it weigh?"

He still tried to hustle me for $15, and I was like, look, if you don't let me recycle this wood, I'm gonna go to the beach and burn it. Isn't the city trying to reduce carbon emissions?

Finally he relented. It should have not been that hard.

I heard about this thread, and thought I needed to tell my side of the story. I am the so called dumb bureaucrat.

I was working away, when this little geeky freak comes pedaling up in a bright jacket emblazoned with "Seattle Mountain Rescue" on it. He proudly says to me "I'm an arrogant dumbass, and I'm virtually unemployable. See my bike, I go to the UW! I'm a career student". I pointed out that his bike didn't have a seat, to which he replied that he enjoyed things other than his head jammed up his ass. I'm not into that sort of stuff, so I asked for his $15 fee, thinking that this would scare off this obviously insane street urchin. He became very belligerent at this point, proclaiming "I'm Gary Ynvge, and it is my god given mission to belittle hard working blue collar Americans". Finally, he seemed to grow a little frightened, and handed me his money. Later my manager soaked the money in bleach, because we felt he must be some sort of male-prostitute.

We at the dump, would like to ask you all to please keep this little freak away from us

• 2 weeks later...

I heard about this thread, and thought I needed to tell my side of the story. I am the so called dumb bureaucrat.

I was working away, when this little geeky freak comes pedaling up in a bright jacket emblazoned with "Seattle Mountain Rescue" on it. He proudly says to me "I'm an arrogant dumbass, and I'm virtually unemployable. See my bike, I go to the UW! I'm a career student". I pointed out that his bike didn't have a seat, to which he replied that he enjoyed things other than his head jammed up his ass. I'm not into that sort of stuff, so I asked for his $15 fee, thinking that this would scare off this obviously insane street urchin. He became very belligerent at this point, proclaiming "I'm Gary Ynvge, and it is my god given mission to belittle hard working blue collar Americans". Finally, he seemed to grow a little frightened, and handed me his money. Later my manager soaked the money in bleach, because we felt he must be some sort of male-prostitute.

We at the dump, would like to ask you all to please keep this little freak away from us

You have some anger issues Choda. No one is dissing your choice of work here. Gary, you just need to follow the great leaders example. He's flying into Denver, Colo. JUST to sign a bill at this very moment. The bill is coming out with him from DC. He's going to Denver to make a statement. The statement is twofold.

1st) This bill has 50 billion dollars committed to making cleaner energy and getting our energy house in order. FINALLY!!

2nd) NONE OF THIS STUPID BULLSHIT SHOULD APPLY TO ME, BUT SOMEONE ELSE MUST BE DOING SOMETHING SO I'LL LET MAKE THEM CHANGE THEIR BEHAVIOR, ILL FLY AIR FORCE 1 TO DENVER ANYWAY!!!

So I'm saying consider just tossing it off a bluff or burn it then you at least won't have to listen to some of the unnecessary bullshit like you've seen on this thread.