freshies have arrivied

gapertimmy

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for the freshies! If you are looking for pure humor this winter look for me tongue.gif I will be attempting my 1st season - well sort of - of winter skiing (when ice is not an option!). Looking for partners too smile.gif I dont want to die in avalanche. Beck what up man!

BONSAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rotflol.gif

[This message has been edited by Cpt.Caveman (edited 10-08-2001).]

Cavey,

come join me one weekend this winter on backcountry ski patrol down at Mount Rainier, it's hella fun! We'll be having a free ave seminar sometime this fall, I'll let you know about when it is...We'll teach you how to interp a hasty pit and do a rutschblock, safety first, bro!

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Fucker! Already honing in on one of my projects! Hehehe How does it look up close?

I thought you were at Midnight. Good thing I didn't walk up there saturday....

The only actual climbing I did the whole 3 days was a few boulder problems at LARRABEE STATE PARK !! before braving the v14 border lineup problem. Did hike in to base of Prussik & back out with heavy pack and full rack. Examined the P-------- and the H--- P----- and the north face of R-----. Great blister to show off on heel due to stupid boots not breaking in. Got to sleep all cosy like with cute ex-girlfriend in small tent wink.gif a worthwhile weekend. I will write it off to "training".

quote:

Originally posted by dane:

Snow is okay, but ice is KING! Besides WA gets way too much anyway and the snow is more like slush. I long for the ice/snow and cold of New England and Alaska...

... but unfortunately you are chained to the base of the REI climbing tower????

A teeny bit of snow on Sunday up by the Coleman Gl. on Baker. Saw several parties playing around down there, probably some ice climbing and some doing practice crevasse rescues. Watch out for the killer bees alongside the trail near the TH, they were stinging people left and right (not me, too quick). Can't believe they haven't froze to death already this year.

quote:

Originally posted by dane:

Snow is okay, but ice is KING! Besides WA gets way too much anyway and the snow is more like slush. I long for the ice/snow and cold of New England and Alaska...

Dane,

All I can say to you is this:

If you can ski in the East you can ski anywhere, but if you can ski anywhere why ski in the East?

When push comes to shove, skiing rules over ice climbing. Think fun, fast, and deeeeeeeeep freshies. FRESHIES!

quote:

Originally posted by nolanr:

Watch out for the killer bees alongside the trail near the TH, they were stinging people left and right.

Also, near the Coleman high camp, people were having problems with scorpions in their boots, left outside overnight.

Times ain't what they used to be...

quote:

Originally posted by philfort:

Also, near the Coleman high camp, people were having problems with scorpions in their boots, left outside overnight.

Times ain't what they used to be...

fucking global warming...

damn alligator just popped up and bit my hand off. CUT ME DOWN IN MY PRIME! He got my hand but i got one of that bastard's eyes out. haha!