Worst Gift You Ever Got...

Greg_W

...In that Christmas is approaching and things are slow this morning, let's hear about your worst nightmare gifts you have ever received.

Here's one of mine: When I was in college, my sister gave me an ugly cardigan sweater. When I went to take it back, the store was still advertizing the "Buy one sweater, get one free" sale (this was my sweater); I found out that she got her brother-in-law one as well. madgo_ron.gifCheapskate!

C'mon let's hear 'em; I know some of you thrived through the fashion-questionable 70's.

Greg W

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when I was 14 I had REFUSED to wear pink any more.... I guess mom and pop didn't get the memo, cuse they bought my a pink sweter that year.

whaen i was preggers with thing 1 jk's parents got my a graple ployeeester floor length night gown... it was so grandma, I alomst cried frown.gif

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

My aunt is the all time winner for this one, as she is consistent. Here's a partial list:

- Cinnamon Sticks

- Tie with cartoon condoms all over the front of it.(Prophylactic man to the rescue!)

- Super perfumey French hand lotion (as in, 'free with a $50Cosmetics purchase at the BonMarche'). Especially nice about it was the fact that my brother and father (ie, her brother) got the same thing. My Dad has an allergic reaction to perfume, so perfumey hand lotion would actually make him nearly unable to breathe. Merry Christmas!

Tacky, to say the least.

i once got a disco desktop pen and pencil set with disco stationary or something. it was from a german relative during the period after disco had thankfully faded in the u.s. but was still big on the continent.

another reason to distrust them dang foreigners.

A few years back, I recieved a bow light from my mother. Now I was an avid bow hunter, but, this particular light was green on one side and red on the other. Yep, a BOW light for the BOW of your boat. I didn't say much at first because I know she probably wandered the sporting goods aisle of the hardware store looking for the perfect gift but the thought of trying to sneak up on a deer with the BOW light attached to my bow was too much and I had to say something. Classic Christmas memory.

I don't remember what the worst gift I ever got was, but I'm pretty sure the worst gift I ever gave was an Epilady to my ex on our first Christmas together. Guys, it is in your best interest NOT to give an appliance designed to rip hair out by it's roots to your SO.

I learned from that one: the rule I now follow is never to give a gift with a power cord unless specifically asked for.