No power

glassgowkiss

what relationship doesn't have its politics? confucius' whole construction of the best government/society boiled down to every member of it accepting certain rules of behavior, based on the relationship, be it father-son, subject-emperor, safeway clerk-shopper, etc.

What you are talking about is social interaction. Politics to me involves how a government works, and how those desiring to be in power or to keep it once attained present a case to bolster their position and get things done that they want.

When I say politicizing I am talking about the desire here (and elsewhere) to immediately convert a natural disaster into an opportunity to attack "the other", where "the other" is based on a political POV/party. It's sickening already.

And I'm not "crying" because Romney is getting attacked by numbnuts like you, Crux. I say the same thing for anyone using this as an opportunity to attack Obama or the Dems, including the former FEMA head mentioned previously. Everyone needs to STFU means everyone not just "the other side".

But hey, go back to your circle jerk, and endless us-vs-them hatefest bickering, if that's what gets you through each sad day.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But hey, go back to your circle jerk, and endless us-vs-them hatefest bickering, if that's what gets you through each sad day.

I'm with KKK on this one. You fuckers are like FOX news in inverse sometimes.

Except I don't pretend to be a legitimate news agency with journalistic standards. But, that's cool.

The one thing I will say about Romney is that he's not a puppet of any special interest, like Bush was to the oil industry. Romney also isn't beholden to the extreme end of his party, like I think Obama tends to be. Romney didn't get the support of the Teabaggers, the religious right, etc. in the primary. While Obama was Pelosi and Reed's boy throughout his candidacy and arguably his Presidency.

The one thing I will say about Romney is that he's not a puppet of any special interest, like Bush was to the oil industry. Romney also isn't beholden to the extreme end of his party, like I think Obama tends to be. Romney didn't get the support of the Teabaggers, the religious right, etc. in the primary. While Obama was Pelosi and Reed's boy throughout his candidacy and arguably his Presidency.

If he's not a puppet, beholden, etc. then why does he keep changing his platform? I dunno, you can't be a politician these days and not belong to somebody. Obama, too. That's politics.

I don't think anybody knows what the real Mitt Romney thinks.

The thing I hate the most about the R party is their social agenda. That's why I have concerns supporting any Republican. However, I don't think Romney has any plans to change anything despite what he's said during the primary. He was Governor of Massacheussettes afterall.

The thing I hate the most about the R party is their social agenda. That's why I have concerns supporting any Republican. However, I don't think Romney has any plans to change anything despite what he's said during the primary. He was Governor of Massacheussettes afterall.

Yeah maybe so, but I think he doesn't have any plans to stand up to his party or their social agenda, either. :(

I agree, maybe. If your point is that "liberals" can be closed minded, that is.

I recently received a referral to this site:

sensible Washington

My liberal friends are unwilling to discuss it. I'm wondering if anybody here has information or opinions on this.

Is the current Marijuana proposal a bad idea even if you favor legalization?

I agree, maybe. If your point is that "liberals" can be closed minded, that is.

I recently received a referral to this site:

sensible Washington

My liberal friends are unwilling to discuss it. I'm wondering if anybody here has information or opinions on this.

Is the current Marijuana proposal a bad idea even if you favor legalization?

It's too late, I already voted yes for gay weed.

The Republicans tried to make everyone else the front runner first before resigning to Mitt as "the guy" at the very end. That is telling, don't you think? I bet he'll piss off people on both sides of the aisle if elected, which is kind of what we need, don't you think? (read my lips...)

I don't think he'll win anyways so it's probably a useless discussion at this point anyways.