No power

glassgowkiss

A helpful reminder from a NWHiker who advocates NO SUBSIDIES OF ANY KIND:

"People have been cooperating freely for all of human history. Yes, others have caused problems due to anti social behavior...wars, theft, violence, etc. But work to reduce these, and cooperation flows freely because we're social animals."

NO PhD REQUIRED.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you hear disgraced Bush-era FEMA chief Michael Brown lambasted Obama for reacting to this disaster "too quickly"

L

O

L

you can't make this stuff up

You can make this stuff up. WTC?

Good call, obviously the federal government knew the 9/11 attacks were going to happen. They should have moved emergency supplies into the area before hand, like they did with Sandy.

Wait....they knew Sandy was gonna be a HUGE disaster? How did they know??? OMG HAARP WEATHER MACHINE!!!!!

Good call, obviously the federal government knew the 9/11 attacks were going to happen. They should have moved emergency supplies into the area before hand, like they did with Sandy.

Wait....they knew Sandy was gonna be a HUGE disaster? How did they know??? OMG HAARP WEATHER MACHINE!!!!!

Obviously? Really how so?

Everyone needs to STFU and stop politicizing a natural disaster for their own agenda. (that includes you tubby)

Certainly, Romney sure would wish that we wouldn't mention his intention to privatize disaster relief at a time like this! No, no, we've got to all pull together and send them "a dollar or two".

Everyone needs to STFU and stop politicizing a natural disaster for their own agenda. (that includes you tubby)

the trouble of course is "politics" is roughly defined as the way human-beings interact w/ each other, and thus the only way to not politicize anything is to Go Big, like lao tzu, and simply hike off into the boonies to be alone for a good long while :)

any natural disaster offers a perfectly valid occasion to compare n' contrast one party's approach to the others - it doesn't seem that big a deal, so long as the distracted ones ain't firefighters n' doctors, right? :)

Cuz that's what disaster relief organizations need - more canned food!

Certainly not money donations, adequate funding, or political support.

SOS: Send Onion Soup!

Cuz canz are the first thing to get ruint by flooding.

Mmmm mmmm GOOD. I feel better just THINKING about sending some expired petfood for poor people I'd never dream of eating myself!

COMMUNITY.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

the trouble of course is "politics" is roughly defined as the way human-beings interact w/ each other,

That's how you define it, not how I do.

what relationship doesn't have its politics? confucius' whole construction of the best government/society boiled down to every member of it accepting certain rules of behavior, based on the relationship, be it father-son, subject-emperor, safeway clerk-shopper, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like Mitt. I mean, you can just FEEL how REAL he is. He sees our biggest problems and takes 'em head on: global warming, the worst income inequity of any developed nation, wall street corruption, unsustainable agriculture, education, foreclosures, joblessness, the worst health care system of any developed nation, disaster relief, too small a Navy, a social security system that's going to go bankrupt sometime beyond my lifetime, preventing gays from marrying, denying women the right to choose their own future.

PRIORITIES.

Edited by tvashtarkatena