Christmas Gift Idea

JayB

Hell yeah! Bring back polio and smallpox!!! :rolleyes:

How do you think we evolved?...and do you think we are evolving?

I am vaccinated...and I recommend it...but I also recognize the long term setbacks it causes. Someday in the future humans will need 200 vaccines...where there used to be none...and we accepted death as a part of life. Darwiniasm sucks.

Death brings life.

By this logic, we should strive to be as unhealthy as possible, for the good of the species. :lmao:

Time to put the bong down

We have become too unaccustomed to bacteria. Soap, antiseptics everywhere.

Next time you take a shit, wipe with your bare hand, skip the sink, and eat some potato chips. Be sure to lick the salt off your fingers. Yum!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, there's a new therapy for folks whose gut flora have failed...transplanting someone else poo in their intestine. I'm not sure if the poo goes in from the North or the South Park.

Fecal transplantation

It works, too. 90% success rate in eliminating drug-resistant clostridium, which is fucking amazing. If it was a new drug they'd be happy if it had a 10% success rate.

The latest Sci Am had a good overview article.

Hell yeah! Bring back polio and smallpox!!! :rolleyes:

How do you think we evolved?...and do you think we are evolving?

I am vaccinated...and I recommend it...but I also recognize the long term setbacks it causes. Someday in the future humans will need 200 vaccines...where there used to be none...and we accepted death as a part of life. Darwiniasm sucks.

Death brings life.

By this logic, we should strive to be as unhealthy as possible, for the good of the species. :lmao:

Time to put the bong down

We have become too unaccustomed to bacteria. Soap, antiseptics everywhere.

Next time you take a shit, wipe with your bare hand, skip the sink, and eat some potato chips. Be sure to lick the salt off your fingers. Yum!

:lmao:

Stefan, I don't know why you and so many other Luddite hippies believe our intelligence and science are not just as much of our nature as a lion's teeth or a polar bear's thick coat. Technology is part of our heritage, provided to us by the same mechanism as our upright posture and warm blood. Should we give those up, too?

Actually, there's a new therapy for folks whose gut flora have failed...transplanting someone else poo in their intestine. I'm not sure if the poo goes in from the North or the South Park.

Fecal transplantation

It works, too. 90% success rate in eliminating drug-resistant clostridium, which is fucking amazing. If it was a new drug they'd be happy if it had a 10% success rate.

The latest Sci Am had a good overview article.

No shit? I mean, shit.

Stefan, I don't know why you and so many other Luddite hippies believe our intelligence and science are not just as much of our nature as a lion's teeth or a polar bear's thick coat. Technology is part of our heritage, provided to us by the same mechanism as our upright posture and warm blood. Should we give those up, too?

With the development of vaccines we have, essentially, killed the wolf that once culled our numbers. A trophic cascade is now well underway. When you think of all the sorrow that has accompanied our move from hunter-gatherers to the farm, it's hard imagine vaccines as a bad thing. And they're not. It's just that there's no free lunch, and I'm not sure technology (or the environment) can keep up with our reproductive rates and our improved mortality.