6-6-6

prole

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah uh, buh-bye Herman.

An 800 billion dollar deficit in 2013.

Meanwhile, our genius Barry is trying to tax millionaires which will net a whopping 40 billion a year. Yeah, Cain is a moron and Barry - like Prole and j_bot are smart. :rolleyes:

You got a better idea? lets hear it.....

did you know that we spend close to 800 billion a year on wars and occupations? Think how many teacher we could pay and schools we could build with that kind of money.

My idea is spend more money on these

[video:youtube]

Deeper in debt? So what, more wars and military spending will fix everything :tup:

I'm sure the CC brain trust will fill in two more pages of boring drivel by 2PM

Wrong plane. The F-35 is the one that's helping bankrupt us.

And yes, boner, military cuts, along with cuts to other programs and some tax increases all need to happen.

On many occasions on this board you have claimed that as a school teacher you leave your bias at home and present your subject manner in a neutral way. I guess by your arguments above, that just is false. So you might start letting all your kids know you're a left wing extremist and consider any of them who happens to be R's to be "assholes" - and their parents too. Then, once you've given this full disclosure, you can be as biased as you want...

i think you've misquoted/misinterpreted me, but am not quite enough an internet-psycho to go searching through 100,000 posts to get to the heart of it :)

actually, page 1 of all my class syllabi states my official role as "devil's advocate," to tell them they're wrong no matter what they think - it also says that, while i set myself the goal of being as neutral as i can see to be (and our opinion of what is "unbiased" is just that, afterall, an opinion, and to say hitler was an asshole is certainly a biased statement, but one few would believe to be), any student with half a brain and a bit of interest will be able to see exactly what my true political opinions are after a few weeks of close observation, and that they'd be as wrong to swallow my true opinions hook and all as those of their friends, parents n' priests.

at any rate, the role of a public teacher is of necessity different from a newsman. i have a choice to not watch an admittedly conservative talking tv-head, my kids don't get a choice about showing up for class though.

On many occasions on this board you have claimed that as a school teacher you leave your bias at home and present your subject manner in a neutral way. I guess by your arguments above, that just is false. So you might start letting all your kids know you're a left wing extremist and consider any of them who happens to be R's to be "assholes" - and their parents too. Then, once you've given this full disclosure, you can be as biased as you want...

i think you've misquoted/misinterpreted me, but am not quite enough an internet-psycho to go searching through 100,000 posts to get to the heart of it :)

actually, page 1 of all my class syllabi states my official role as "devil's advocate," to tell them they're wrong no matter what they think - it also says that, while i set myself the goal of being as neutral as i can see to be (and our opinion of what is "unbiased" is just that, afterall, an opinion, and to say hitler was an asshole is certainly a biased statement, but one few would believe to be), any student with half a brain and a bit of interest will be able to see exactly what my true political opinions are after a few weeks of close observation, and that they'd be as wrong to swallow my true opinions hook and all as those of their friends, parents n' priests.

at any rate, the role of a public teacher is of necessity different from a newsman. i have a choice to not watch an admittedly conservative talking tv-head, my kids don't get a choice about showing up for class though.

You previously stated that many students are surprised when you tell them at the end of the year/after they are no longer students what your true beliefs are.

Journalists (like teachers) should strive to be balanced in reporting (teaching) and aware of personal biases. It's really not that hard.

you might start letting all your kids know you're a left wing extremist

it's also rather silly to think me an extremist - i don't really give enough of a shit about the world to urge or undergo any radical redrawing of the way things have always been, a necessary qualification for extremists on either side of the spectrum, no? - like jim morrision, i just wanna get my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames :)

apathetic wannabe climber moderatish liberalism is about all i can aspire too :grin:

you might start letting all your kids know you're a left wing extremist

it's also rather silly to think me an extremist - i don't really give enough of a shit about the world to urge or undergo any radical redrawing of the way things have always been, a necessary qualification for extremists on either side of the spectrum, no? - like jim morrision, i just wanna get my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames :)

apathetic wannabe climber moderatish liberalism is about all i can aspire too :grin:

Just a little bit of tit-for-tat hyperbole for you, Vanya...

You previously stated that many students are surprised when you tell them at the end of the year/after they are no longer students what your true beliefs are.

that's more a testament to their complete lack of interest in the subject than anything - i have had a good number of crazy-eyed politically active n' pissed off conservative kids (and jesus christ, what monsterous factory produces those kind of high-powered mutants?) over the years who have sussed me out for what i am and been bitter n' bitchy about it the last few months of the semester.

meh. it's all philosophy goobly-talk - there is a collective sense of "impartial" or "unbiased" but it has no objective reality - for life to be anything more than just soap-box intellectualism you gotta take a side and run w/ it.

i'm off for beacon in the drizzle - dog bless the 3 day weekend...

Meanwhile, our genius Barry is trying to tax millionaires which will net a whopping 40 billion a year. Yeah, Cain is a moron and Barry - like Prole and j_bot are smart. :rolleyes:

Nobody claimed that what Obama proposed was sufficient but at least it's going in the right direction by opposition to Cain's proposal to lower taxation on the rich.

There are many ways to go toward decreasing the deficit caused by tax cuts for the wealthy, military adventurism, payoffs to big pharma (and other boondoggles) , and the financial crisis caused by deregulation of the financial sector (all policies that you likely supported btw). Cracking down on tax havens alone would net over $100billions/year, and we won't discuss taxing capital gain as if it were income.

How many years till you flip flop again to not worrying about deficits?

Edited by j_b

Nobody claimed that what Obama proposed was sufficient but at least it's going in the right direction by opposition to Cain's proposal to lower taxation on the rich.

There are many ways to go a long toward decreasing the deficit caused by tax cuts for the wealthy, military adventurism, payoffs to big pharma (and other boondoggles) , and the financial crisis caused by deregulation of the financial sector (all policies that you likely supported btw). Cracking down on tax havens alone would net over $100billions/year, and we won't discuss taxing capital gain as if it were income.

How many years till you flip flop again to not worrying about deficits?

Firstly I don't support all deregulation policies. I know if makes your simpleminded worldview a lot easier to pigeon-hole everyone that disagrees with your ideas of statism, but it only makes you look like a fool over and over again.

I have never favored deficit spending, and W's overspending was over the top, and I never supported it. Barry and our current congress are even worse.

Firstly I don't support all deregulation policies. I know if makes your simpleminded worldview a lot easier to pigeon-hole everyone that disagrees with your ideas of statism, but it only makes you look like a fool over and over again.

I can only assess the positions you defend and you have yet to support any attempt at re-regulating the markets (or anything else for that matter). Don't fool yourself, the way you fall in all of these discussions is obvious to everyone.

I have never favored deficit spending, and W's overspending was over the top, and I never supported it. Barry and our current congress are even worse.

Right, you don't favor deficits. You only supported the policies and keep supporting the politicians that caused the deficit.

Edited by j_b

I can only assess the positions you defend and you have yet to support any attempt at re-regulating the markets (or anything else for that matter). Don't fool yourself, the way you fall in all of these discussions is obvious to everyone.

Right, you don't favor deficits. You only supported the policies that caused the deficit.

You are a lunatic.

that's more a testament to their complete lack of interest in the subject than anything - i have had a good number of crazy-eyed politically active n' pissed off conservative kids (and jesus christ, what monsterous factory produces those kind of high-powered mutants?) over the years who have sussed me out for what i am and been bitter n' bitchy about it the last few months of the semester.

meh. it's all philosophy goobly-talk - there is a collective sense of "impartial" or "unbiased" but it has no objective reality - for life to be anything more than just soap-box intellectualism you gotta take a side and run w/ it.

i'm off for beacon in the drizzle - dog bless the 3 day weekend...

Probably to aid climb, which, in my objective opinion, is wacko.

You are a lunatic.

Of course, calling me names is easier than explaining why you supported (and still supported them as of just not too long ago) the wars, the tax cuts, "Free" Trade, etc ... yet "not favor deficits". Perhaps if you explained why you keep flip-flopping, it'd be easier to track what you stand for.

Edited by j_b

You are a lunatic.

Of course, calling me names is easier than explaining why you supported (and still supported them as of just not too long ago) the wars, the tax cuts, "Free" Trade, etc ... yet "not favor deficits". Perhaps if you explained why you keep flip-flopping, it'd be easier to track what you stand for.

You can't even find common ground or let someone agree with you on anything if they disagree with you on most things. Obviously you have some sort of psychosis.

"I agree that we need more regulation in the financial sector"

"No you don't, you never have!"

"Um, yes, I do"

"No you don't! No, no no!"

:shakehead:

Feel free to interject any facts that would contradict what I say. And no, your latest "I don't support all deregulation policies" combined with your usual talking down of all attempts at regulation is proof of nothing, except perhaps your being clueless.