6-6-6

prole

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be cool if somebody came up with a

[img:left]http://ualr.edu/lasmoller/mathresources/bigpi.gif'>http://ualr.edu/lasmoller/mathresources/bigpi.gif'>http://ualr.edu/lasmoller/mathresources/bigpi.gif[/img] [img:center]http://ualr.edu/lasmoller/mathresources/bigpi.gif[/img] [img:center]http://ualr.edu/lasmoller/mathresources/bigpi.gif[/img]

Plan

So, if everyone who voted for Obama saw him as the New Messiah, what did everyone who voted for Grumps and Sarah see them as?

Enlightening a straw man requires only a match.

In every election many vote against the "other". We've covered this ground before. It's one thing to vote against the "other" - totally another to buy into bullshit sloganeering about "change". The most ironic part of it all are the morons here who referred to McCain as McSame - since BO has proven to be about as McSame as you can get.

totally another to buy into bullshit sloganeering about "change".

Wait, tell me again why it's bullshit to think that we're capable as a society to make things better and that elected representatives have a role to play in the process? 'Cause if that's the kind of headspace you're in, you should seek psychiatric help and stop listening to that silly music.

So, if everyone who voted for Obama saw him as the New Messiah, what did everyone who voted for Grumps and Sarah see them as?

In every election many vote against the "other". We've covered this ground before. It's one thing to vote against the "other" - totally another to buy into bullshit sloganeering about "change". The most ironic part of it all are the morons here who referred to McCain as McSame - since BO has proven to be about as McSame as you can get.

Door # 1 or Door # 2, eh? Well, I guess the world's a simpler place that way.

Weren't all those morons still right about McSame, though? Does Obama's failures make that somehow not true? Do you actually do software for a living? Guess it must be some of the more grunt shit, cuz the folks I know in the biz get this stuff straight in about a nanosecond.

OK listen feller, your entire "progressive" movement lacks any type of logic, so I'll do my best to empathize where you're coming from on this. Your analogy about the butter knife and fork does nothing to relate to anything that has been discussed by me on this thread. If you were attempting to expose flaws in my argument, you did not. In fact, it appears you're having difficulty following my argument at all - I apologize for that, feller, but it ain't my fault. All you've done is verify that you're a bit slow on the processing end of things - that's all, feller.

So if you missed my argument, I'll sum it up right here, feller:

Don't go offering up your opinion and expecting anyone to take you seriously when you voted for Obama in the last election. You were warned that Obama lacked any type of real experience in politics, and had no idea what he was doing when it came to running a nation - before you ever even cast your vote. But you overlooked this one huge fact, and you elected to vote for him anyway. Now, when folks call you on your bullshit, you try and save face and say he lied, that you were duped, that he didn't do anything he said he was going to do. Well, feller, I'll go right on ahead and call you a waaambulance, stat. The fact is, Obama never lied about his level of experience relating to his duties as president, and his fitness to run a nation, and that information was there for you to overlook the entire time.

I'll check back around November 2012 - after you've mulled this over for a while.

totally another to buy into bullshit sloganeering about "change".

Wait, tell me again why it's bullshit to think that we're capable as a society to make things better and that elected representatives have a role to play in the process? 'Cause if that's the kind of headspace you're in, you should seek psychiatric help and stop listening to that silly music.

Nice troll, Prole. I'm profoundly suspicious of political sloganeering. That's not "anti-hope".

Indeed if anyone smacks of hopelessness it's you with your endless obsession with how the US blows, capitalism has "failed", and we are doomed. Nothing is good enough or makes you happy about the country you live in and the system you live under.

LMAO

The banker behind Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan

LA Times October 12, 2011

Herman Cain has so far been willing to name just one advisor who helped him craft his catchy 9-9-9 tax plan.

“One of my experts that helped me to develop this is a gentleman by the name of Rich Lowrie out of Cleveland, Ohio,” Cain said at Tuesday’s Washington Post-Bloomberg debate. “He is an economist, and he has worked in the business of wealth creation most of his career.”

But according to Lowrie’s LinkedIn page, “economist” might be a bit of a stretch.

Lowrie holds a bachelor’s degree in accountancy from Case Western Reserve University and spent much of his career working in the investment banking industry. He now leads a wealth management group of Wells Fargo Advisors in Cleveland.

From 2005 through 2008, Lowrie served on the board of advisors of Americans for Prosperity, a nonprofit advocacy group with ties to the billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch.

Lowrie did not immediately return a request for more information.

In a recent interview with The Washington Examiner’s Byron York, Lowrie, Cain’s chief economic advisor, described how the 9-9-9 plan first came to be.

“I was with Mr. Cain and I asked him, ‘How bold do you want to be?’ and he leaned toward me with his big, booming voice and said, ‘BOLD.’”

At Tuesday's debate, Cain, the former Godfather's Pizza chief executive, said he also has "a number of other well-recognized economists that helped me develop this 9-9-9 plan. It didn't come out of a pizza box, no."

Pressed to name his other advisors, Cain again referred to Lowrie.

"He's been my lead economist on helping to develop this," Cain said.

BOLD!

Door # 1 or Door # 2, eh? Well, I guess the world's a simpler place that way.

Um, yeah there pretty much are two doors, fuckhead. Duh.

But who gets put up as those choices can vary and your party, Mr. Card-Carrying Democrat with a capital D - could have picked a better candidate. McCain was and is a better choice than BO, albeit his running-mate had a lot to be desired (funny though, JMcC is still alive after 3 years so that one heartbeat away argument sure seems to fall flat right now, doesn't it...)

LMAO

The banker behind Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan

LA Times October 12, 2011

Herman Cain has so far been willing to name just one advisor who helped him craft his catchy 9-9-9 tax plan.

“One of my experts that helped me to develop this is a gentleman by the name of Rich Lowrie out of Cleveland, Ohio,” Cain said at Tuesday’s Washington Post-Bloomberg debate. “He is an economist, and he has worked in the business of wealth creation most of his career.”

But according to Lowrie’s LinkedIn page, “economist” might be a bit of a stretch.

Lowrie holds a bachelor’s degree in accountancy from Case Western Reserve University and spent much of his career working in the investment banking industry. He now leads a wealth management group of Wells Fargo Advisors in Cleveland.

From 2005 through 2008, Lowrie served on the board of advisors of Americans for Prosperity, a nonprofit advocacy group with ties to the billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch.

Lowrie did not immediately return a request for more information.

In a recent interview with The Washington Examiner’s Byron York, Lowrie, Cain’s chief economic advisor, described how the 9-9-9 plan first came to be.

“I was with Mr. Cain and I asked him, ‘How bold do you want to be?’ and he leaned toward me with his big, booming voice and said, ‘BOLD.’”

At Tuesday's debate, Cain, the former Godfather's Pizza chief executive, said he also has "a number of other well-recognized economists that helped me develop this 9-9-9 plan. It didn't come out of a pizza box, no."

Pressed to name his other advisors, Cain again referred to Lowrie.

"He's been my lead economist on helping to develop this," Cain said.

BOLD!

So what exactly is YOUR plan Prole? Exactly. Concretely. Let's hear it douchebag.

The most ironic part of it all are the morons here who referred to McCain as McSame - since BO has proven to be about as McSame as you can get.

Yet, next week (as in previous weeks) you'll claim BO is a "shoshalist". Are you getting mixed up in your talking points or is it really the wingnutia party line to claim that "shoshalists" are the same old as you can get?

Nice troll, Prole. I'm profoundly suspicious of political sloganeering. That's not "anti-hope".

Of course, we all are. Nevertheless, he was elected by mobilizing people on a message of profound, systemic change. As in, that's what the electorate wanted and that's what they voted for. I don't have a problem with what Obama says, I have a problem with what he does. Don't fault people for voting for a lesser evil candidate that appeals to their better natures. There is a huge difference between using rhetoric that appeals to the need to solve problems and to people's desire for a better and brighter future and someone putting forward a tax plan that every expert between here and kingdom come and anybody with half a brain can see is a Complete Fucking Disaster but has a catchy title and is easy for hydrocephalics to remember. How did this thread become about Obama, anyway?

Indeed if anyone smacks of hopelessness it's you with your endless obsession with how the US blows, capitalism has "failed", and we are doomed. Nothing is good enough or makes you happy about the country you live in and the system you live under.

The US is blowing and capitalism is failing quite spectacularly under its own steam without any help from me, in case you didn't notice. Don't blame the messenger. In fact, if those in power had done more listening and less apoplectic boogeymanning of "commies" and "luddites", and "terrorist sympathizers", we'd be in a far better spot than we are now. Try shutting the fuck up and listening once in a while.