So where will Kurt Smith climb when he comes to the PacNW?

Thinker

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is RURP.

You guys sound like a bunch of pathetic groupies! [Roll Eyes] Where will Mr. Kurt Smith climb? Who cares...get your own lives. "Hello! I wonder what "Chris" and "Lynn" (etc. and whoever the favorite cereal of the week is), is having for breakfast...I am going to get some of that too!" [Roll Eyes]

Whatever happened to Mr. "Scott" Franklin and Mr. "Christian" Griffith? You call them by their first-names alone because if we are hip and in the know we can do that. Like "Cher". [Roll Eyes]

There are two answers to this "important" whatever happened question:

The first is, they went to sport-climbing oblivion.

The second is: who cares?!

RURP has spoken.

This is RURP:

I just read the above describing this Mr. Kurt Smith as: "someone who has the whole world open to him". [laf][laf]

He is some sort of sporty climber and he has "the whole world open to him"!!!! [laf][laf]

This cascadeclimbers.com is beginning to sound like some sort of odd Dungeons and Dragons fantasy role-playing game, with the dungeon being in the basement of your mother's house!

RURP has spoken.

quote:

Originally posted by RURP:

This is RURP.

You guys sound like a bunch of pathetic groupies!
[Roll Eyes]
Where will Mr. Kurt Smith climb? Who cares...get your own lives. "Hello! I wonder what "Chris" and "Lynn" (etc. and whoever the favorite cereal of the week is), is having for breakfast...I am going to get some of that too!"
[Roll Eyes]

Whatever happened to Mr. "Scott" Franklin and Mr. "Christian" Griffith? You call them by their first-names alone because if we are hip and in the know we can do that. Like "Cher".
[Roll Eyes]

There are two answers to this "important" whatever happened question:

The first is, they went to sport-climbing oblivion.

The second is: who cares?!

RURP has spoken.

Go pound your nose in a seam, you little pinhead.

quote:

Originally posted by thelawgoddess:

who the hell is kurt smith?

Kurt Smith-

A good free climber that put up some routes all over. Yosemite etc. Got busted in the 90s bosch drilling on big walls in Yos and has freed some hard routes on gear to include ratings up to .13 cracks and .12 cracks 1st ascent on Cookie Cliff in Yosemite.

He's done a lot of work establishing lines in Portero and sport climbs up to .13+ in Rifle and other places.

Never met the dude but seems like a geeky guy. Obviously he is a good rock climber.

quote:

Originally posted by RURP:

Groupies, I say.

RURP has spoken.[/QB]

Groupie....I think not. I'm the same guy who posted this :

"Check out this link and crunch the numbers for yourself:

Kurt's 2001 tour summary

Kurt did 68 events across the country in 2001, and brought in a whoppin $24,000 for the access fund. (That's an average of $353 per event for those of you too stoned to divide.) And depending on how much the sponsors kicked in (RockList.com, Ropegun, Rock and Ice, and Black Diamond, etc.), each one may have been a net loss for the AF (compared to if the sponsors had donated directly to the AF).

Now I certainly haven't raised even a single dollar for the AF, and with all due respect for the man, his tour appears to be a big climbing roadtrip he can write off.

Hopefully it will catch on and take off here, generating a little more $$ in 2002."

My post here was simply a way to pass time and open up a (debatably) interesting topic for conversation. You gotta admit, the guy is colorful.