Them crazy BIKERS!

Dane

I've seen them before but my wife never actually believes me :rolleyes:

While we are thinking about the local ice conditions, the real pros are just out training. On their bikes.

In this case it is part of the Garmin-Transitions crew. Soon to be, "the Team Garmin-Transitions and Cervélo SA will join forces for the 2011 season to create a new team that will be known as Garmin-Cervélo."

I caught up with them (in my truck) today on Hobart-Issaquah Rd.

(have you ever seen how fast these guys ride in training?)

Local WA guys. Tom Peterson from N. Bend and Tyler Farrar from Wenatchee. Pretty cool ;-) They thought I was kidding at first...but thanks for stopping and the autographs guys!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect the gay comments are in jest? If not you need to get a life.

If it weren't for lycra much of what we wear climbing these days wouldn't exsist.

yes, jest only. I have no problem with who's pokin' who, as long as they make the world a better place. sickie

It will be interesting to see how they work out shared duties betwixt Tyler and his new teammate, former Green Jersey and current World Champion, Thor Hushoved. Two top contenders with similar but slightly different strengths; Tyler's probably got more pure speed, but Thor's proven himself in tough conditions and uphill sprints. I don't see either one of them becoming designated lead out men. If they cooperate well, the new team should get some impressive results.

I suspect the gay comments are in jest? If not you need to get a life.

If it weren't for lycra much of what we wear climbing these days wouldn't exsist.

yes, jest only. I have no problem with who's pokin' who, as long as they make the world a better place. sickie

Humor or not, that use of the word "gay" has become the epitome of low-level gay-bashing. It is seriously demeaning to the gay population. Please be more considerate.

(Can you tell I'm fresh out of Diversity Training Class at work?)

Humor or not, that use of the word "gay" has become the epitome of low-level gay-bashing. It is seriously demeaning to the gay population. Please be more considerate.

(Can you tell I'm fresh out of Diversity Training Class at work?)

I actually find the joke quite gay.