LCK - WTF is your problem?

JosephH

Because beyond bitching I don't hear or see shit from you relative to doing ANYTHING towards getting us more climbing at Beacon.

Dude, you work for the very same WDFW that closes Beacon every single year...

Dude, you're the biologist...

Have you even once gone and talked to anyone at your agency in a position to lift the closure or in any way change the status quo out at Beacon?

Have you spent a moment trying to come up with biological basis for lifting the closure out at Beacon?

Have you spent a moment trying to come up with a legal basis for lifting the closure out at Beacon?

Have you done anything at all that would get anyone a single extra day of climbing at Beacon?

Hey - don't fucking like my trip? Fine, you're the friggin' pro, step the fuck up and get on it - get and keep Beacon open for us - you're obviously just the dude to do it.

Until then you can kiss my ass.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insert generic springtime paraphrasing here:

hey assholes, the lack of sun and all this rain is making me quite fu*ing mental, I'm ready to cape someones ass on the Interglacier soon

Thus starts another Oregon thread......... Take care all. :wave:

Bill

Because beyond bitching I don't hear or see shit from you relative to doing ANYTHING towards getting us more climbing at Beacon.

Have you even once gone and talked to anyone at your agency in a position to lift the closure or in any way change the status quo out at Beacon?

Have you spent a moment trying to come up with biological basis for lifting the closure out at Beacon?

Have you spent a moment trying to come up with a legal basis for lifting the closure out at Beacon?

Have you done anything at all that would get anyone a single extra day of climbing at Beacon?

Hey - don't fucking like my trip? Fine, you're the friggin' pro, step the fuck up and get on it - get and keep Beacon open for us - you're obviously just the dude to do it.

joe, someone told me once that it is better to have someone you are at odds with "inside the tent pissing out than it is to have them outside pissing in."

if you think for one second that i have not considered any of what you have mentioned in the original post on this thread then your ego is far bigger than anyone can possibly fathom. i act carefully when both my career and my climbing are concerned - especially my career. to do anything hastily in this matter, imho, would be a great error. i believe in careful planning with those who think and believe in similar ideas, while at the same time consulting opposing views for flavor to the plan. in short, i believe that everyone has a voice and should have an opportunity to sound off their opinion, NO MATTER HOW SIMILAR OR DIFFERENT IT IS FROM MY OWN! you on the other hand (admittedly, no less!!!) are a selfish person who doesn't listen to anyone else and goes off to do the work of joe, and work to fulfill your own agenda. those who follow you must not actually know the real you, or they just don't get your agenda, or they are happy with what you are doing because they see it as the ONLY option. the defenders of joe have blinders on.

i have thought many times about bringing you into my ideas, but you so willingly give up your own opinion every time i see you that i know your opinion and don't need to bring you in. in a way i violate my own rule of including everyone because i don't want to include you because YOU DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE BUT YOURSELF! so what's my problem, joe? you're my problem!!!

go ahead and post one of your long-winded, research-filled, pompous-sounding dictations about how wrong i am - the entire board has seen you do it before and is no doubt expecting you to do it again. i'm immune to those posts now because i understand who you are... and there are others - many others - who feel this same way. the only reason they don't say anything is because they are being nice to you. in a way they are doing you a disservice since they won't tell you the truth... i don't give a shit - i'll call it the way i see it and be honest with you. you're an ass in this way and your ego gets in the way of everything. your head is so big that it is surprising, to me, that you don't topple over backwards off the rock when you climb because of it!

i'm not your enemy, joe. i am your friend - or at least i try to consider myself one. you could easily change your way of acting and thinking, but i know you won't... at 58 you're too set in your ways.

that is all.

or just give joe his on private forum to bitch in

I'm not the one bitching or flinging insults around on all the various threads. If they were moderating bitassy comments like LCK has been flipping off lately then this thread wouldn't be necessary. If Kenny has something to say to me on these forums or anywhere else then knock off the weak bitching, whining, and sniping and man up and just say it. The rest is bullshit.

Hey boys, why don't you take this to email or PM? As a whole I wish the Mods would crack down on this, if you want to talk to someone, please email them or PM.

What...and miss all this good entertainment?

Keep it up guys....

:battlecage:

Round 1 LCK

someone told me once that it is better to have someone you are at odds with "inside the tent pissing out than it is to have them outside pissing in.

That would be great unless the person on the inside of the WDFW never comes up with the balls to actually say something to someone.

So far, the whole lot of you have nothing but [whining] opinions. And those are wholly rooted in victimal persecution and angst at the injustice of it all. God forbid a single one of you might snap out of it long enough to get even a mininmal grip on reality, biology, law, or the other humans involved with Beacon.

Now I know Beacon locals are averse to and challenged by more than a sentence or two of reality and facts, but then I don't really post up for you guys. But as a biologist with bonifides feel free to point out where I've drifted from reality, facts, biology, or law in any aspect of the matter.

And I'm not interested in followers (not really the extended manclub type) - or whiners, the victimal, the persecuted, or other assorted losers too steeped in their beer to do more than bitch about a situation they are completely unwilling to do anything about. I am interested in peers capable of recognizing a plate and willing to step up to one.

So, hey, no need to be nice to me, I don't really give a shit what you or the others think of me. And don't fucking call me a 'friend' when that's mainly evidenced by petty sniping, innuendo, and associated bullshit here - 'friends' like that I don't need.

Well, maybe the solution is to round up the Beacon Rock Climbers Association and have a meeting and sort this all out. I assume Jim Opdyke is King, errr President? If Joseph was voted in, he can continue in his position with a vote of confidence. or alternately may have to step down if someone else is voted in. No need for slamming each other and talking about testicle size or the lack thereof. I imagine since everyone pretty much knows each other that climbs there on a regular basis, we could even hold a on-line meetin or forum. Is this a solution that would make you both satisfied? Or am I barking up the wrong tree....bark, bark, harsh man.

Steve: Well I didn't vote for you.

King Joseph: You don't vote for kings.

Steve: Well how'd you become king then?

[Angelic music plays... ]

King Joseph: The Lady of the Gorge, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Joseph, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.

Steve: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the climbers, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bitch lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

Lost Cam Kenny: Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Joseph: Bloody peasant!

Lost cam Kenny: Oh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw him, Didn't you?

oofwap.gif

King of what? The flea circus of Beacon climbing?

And climber mandate? At Beacon? You're kidding, right? The only mandate you'll get from locals is to deliver the collective whine. And hey, young climbers with time to devote to being good and who climb at Beacon keep their head down, accept the closure, and climb elsewhere when it's closed. They don't wail and moan claiming addiction, insanity, forced out-of-state moves, and suicide because the Odd Fellows Hall closes down each year.

Me? I have limited time for climbing, don't climb sport, and don't care for granite or Smith choss. My time at Beacon is pretty much what I get for climbing every year and I made the call try and do what I could to get the most days out there possible. I'm not working for or at the behest of locals or anyone else - if they want something done, good luck to them, hopefully they won't be aiming at their foot again.

Steve: Well I didn't vote for you.

King Joseph: You don't vote for kings.

Steve: Well how'd you become king then?

[Angelic music plays... ]

King Joseph: The Lady of the Gorge, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Joseph, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.

Steve: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the climbers, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bitch lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

Lost Cam Kenny: Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Joseph: Bloody peasant!

Lost cam Kenny: Oh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw him, Didn't you?

That is off the hook funny. Can we see it on Broadway. I will buy a ticket.