LCK - WTF is your problem?

JosephH

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uli Says:

".....If I would not know what he has already climbed in his life, I would think he is a normal, motivated climber. Alex is 24 years old and has climbed the most wildest things.

I left Bern on Monday morning, May 17, 2010 at 5.30. It was a long journey to San Francisco, where I arrived late in the eveing of the same day. Tuesday, May 18, we spent doing the last preparations. After we left to the Valley. I felt like being on the way nonstop for two days. And there I met Alex full of beans. Tomorrow, Wednesday we will climb the Nose on El Cap. Most climbers need three days to climb this route. We want to be back in the valley in the evening.

Wednesday morning, May 19, 2010: Alex and I are at the entry. We just met each other and today we climb together for the fist time in our lives. Between us 30 meters of rope and some intermediate belays. Slowly I start to forget my jetlag and enjoy the golden granit. After the Sickel Ledge we pass a second rope team. Kindly they let us pass. We climb together and quickly we gain height. Doit Tower: we are on the way since one hour. We make a first stop to eat and drink something. It is like a solo: you never have to stop. Just climb, step by step. Now the route is more technical and we need some rope tricks to overwhelm the Kingswing. Short afterwards we find ourselves underneath the famours Great Roof. Again we have to pass rope teams. Fortunately that Alex is so famous in the States. Immediately they let us go by....."

Remember, LostCamKenney was injured and still is due to the fact that the current policy that relegates climbers to an very dangerous section of Beacon and seals off any of the standard climbing areas...

To quote the Gipper - "now there you go again" - what you got right there is some classic olde school victimal thinking. Hell, thinking like that will make you an honorary local - it's another life ruined by the Peregrines!!! Swooped right down and blew him off the rock they did. I'm sure I saw it happen, there was two or three of them tag teaming him until he came off, gunning for him they were. I know I broke my L5 a ways back and I'm pretty sure that was the Peregrine's fault too.

P.S. I don't think Pink is going to like you calling that part of Beacon 'very dangerous'...

Nope. Turned a dismount from an untethered highline over the McKenzie River into a failed high bar Flyaway and ended with being flung up onto the cliff alongside the highline and then dropped into the river - i.e. your typcial Peregrine attack.

I was going to say he looks ass backwards...

....and toproping too? LOL! Who was it jerking my chain and complaining to me about that. I kept taking pics of my second and as I led every pitch, all the pics were of some dude following and pulling my pieces. They were bitching about it....probably Pink. :lmao:

My thoughts are any pics are better than no pics, and clean granite pics are best of all! I missed the Yos trip this year with some great dudes being selfish, and I stayed here and got rain and they went there and got rain. So thanks for the warm and dry looking granite picture! You obviously rule OffW.

takes me about that long just to get my wall harness on, even w/ the pliers!

You f*ing kids, what did I tell you about that when you returned my vice-grips? God I must sound old ....really, both Kyle and I have rope melter/cutters you can use to make it perfect. Swing by my house anytime with the wayward Yates in tow and I'll buy you a glass of cheap red wine while we play, you know where I live.

Do you have any unmarked Omega Dovals BTW?