N. Korea sinks ship; nobody does anything. WTF?

rob

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR SOME DECENT FUCKING WEATHER ALREADY?

dunno watchyer talking 'bout - i'm looking out the windows of the trailer i teach and seeing a motley collection of ill-dressed teens SPRINTING through hail to reach my room - brings a smile to my dark heart :)

I still think that we could pretty much demolish them. It would be trickier if China defended them, for sure, then it's not worth it. But would they? China kinda wants to be a world power. Would they stick their neck out for N. Korea anymore? N. Korea kinda keeps making them look bad.

Militarily, do you really doubt we could fuck that country back to the stone age pretty easily? It's not the 50's. I'm not talking about occupation or regime change and counter-insurgency or anything like that. I'm just talking about demolishing their government, blowing their shit up, and plunging them into total chaos and anarchy. Isn't that kind of our "thing?"

Rob, we thought that way last time as well and we were wrong then as well. It's screwed up thinking son. Our technology was superior, we were morally better, we'd just kicked the rest of the worlds ass in WW2, this will only be a brief mop up operation, blah blah blah blah - ask anyone who was there -ANY combat vet, if they think your line of thought is worthwhile. No: would be the overwhelming response, I'd expect.

NK jacked us around and violated a treaty that said they wouldn't develop nuks, and what did we do then? We didn't do jack or shit but whine about it. By some accounts they have missiles that can hit the place you are living right now. They may or may not have modded the warheads they developed to fly on them, but you want to take that chance? By all appearances the power structure in this country has seen this coming for many years and they don't want to. Put the war drums down and let the state dept handle this one.

korea's geography lends itslef to ww1 type situations - very rugged, very narrow - the 1950 war had to quit when it became obvious no offensive could succeed w/o nukes

Broadly true. There were three or four large and effective offenses in the Korean war. The initial NK attack, the UN counter-attack, the entrance of the Chi-coms and the UN stemming of this attack. What became clear, is that offenses were not possible in the type of war the UN was prepared to fight. The Chinese were prepared to throw human waves at the Allies, this was something the western powers could not do.

Mac Arthur had the right idea: Nuke 'em.

You are obviously joking, correct? Truman, Bradley, Ridgeway, Marshall and later Eisenhower did a masterful job in containing this conflict as a regional problem, especially after the reckless statements by Mac Arthur. There were many Russian pilots involved, flying NK MiG. But evidence exists that on at least one occasion USN Banshees or Panthers flying off the Valley Forge engaged MiG flown and badged as USSR air force, when these MiG threatened the CV TF.

Events like this could have easily involved the USSR into a shooting war, which would have involved forces in Europe.

While it has never been clearly confirmed, I believe that Eisenhower threatened to use in-theatre nuclear weapons to bring this conflict to a close. This frightened the Chinese and Russians, and a cease fire was reached. Another instance where the use of nuclear weapons was contemplated was during the Pusan pocket incident, where it was feared that hundreds of thousands of UN soldiers could be captured. Some believe that we were very prepared to nuke a corridor out for ourselves and our allies.

The use of nuclear weapons contemplated by Truman, Marshall, Bradley, and Eisenhower was very different than that put forth by Mac Arthur, who wished to radically expand the theatre of war thru the use of atomic weapons.

To answer Rob, pragmatism is the only way to deal with problems with the Korea's.

psh, their nukes can't reach us. They'd prob get S.Korea or Japan, but not us. S.Korea should just man up and take the hit. Pussies.

I don't think we need nukes, anyway. We can pound everything in site from the air, can't we? Kill everybody. Done. Then just leave it smoking pile of rubble and let someone else deal with it. Don't even bother sending in ground troops. If anyone is still crawling around down there, just hit 'em again.

You guys need to sack up.

MacArthur had the right idea: Nuke 'em.

surely, you must be kidding.

I am not kidding.

This "government" thinks nothing of starving perhaps millions of their own people to build their military, just sank a military vessel, reportedly unprovoked, of a UN member state, and have tested at least one nuclear weapon, not to mention countless medium and long range ballistic missiles. Their nuclear program continues unabated and without UN inspections.

UN sanctions have not worked to bring this rogue nation into the fold of the globalized society. 6 party talks have consistently failed. The entire populace is brainwashed into a cult of personality. Echoes of WWII...

We need to nip this shit in the bud, ASAP, before they make the first move. Kim Jong Ill is a war lover, who models himself after Hitler. War lovers go to war. Blast them, specifically their military and nuclear installations. Otherwise they will push the world into WWIV.

korea's geography lends itslef to ww1 type situations - very rugged, very narrow - the 1950 war had to quit when it became obvious no offensive could succeed w/o nukes

Broadly true. There were three or four large and effective offenses in the Korean war. The initial NK attack, the UN counter-attack, the entrance of the Chi-coms and the UN stemming of this attack. What became clear, is that offenses were not possible in the type of war the UN was prepared to fight. The Chinese were prepared to throw human waves at the Allies, this was something the western powers could not do.

Mac Arthur had the right idea: Nuke 'em.

You are obviously joking, correct? Truman, Bradley, Ridgeway, Marshall and later Eisenhower did a masterful job in containing this conflict as a regional problem, especially after the reckless statements by Mac Arthur. There were many Russian pilots involved, flying NK MiG. But evidence exists that on at least one occasion USN Banshees or Panthers flying off the Valley Forge engaged MiG flown and badged as USSR air force, when these MiG threatened the CV TF.

Events like this could have easily involved the USSR into a shooting war, which would have involved forces in Europe.

While it has never been clearly confirmed, I believe that Eisenhower threatened to use in-theatre nuclear weapons to bring this conflict to a close. This frightened the Chinese and Russians, and a cease fire was reached. Another instance where the use of nuclear weapons was contemplated was during the Pusan pocket incident, where it was feared that hundreds of thousands of UN soldiers could be captured. Some believe that we were very prepared to nuke a corridor out for ourselves and our allies.

The use of nuclear weapons contemplated by Truman, Marshall, Bradley, and Eisenhower was very different than that put forth by Mac Arthur, who wished to radically expand the theatre of war thru the use of atomic weapons.

These conditions do not exist today. Russia and China won't do shit. You're also forgetting Leslie Grove's contribution in your calculus: he had both the plans and the desire to evaporate the USSR, and was goading them into giving him cause even during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

They prob don't even have nukes. The one they tested was pretty much a dud. Kill them all. Then the S.Koreans can come and rebuild on top of the piles of mud and bodies.

This is not without historic precedent.

Oppenheimer and his contemporaries had one solution for the threat or nuclear weapons and global annihilation: World Government. Without it, they felt we'd constantly be living under the threat of global nuclear annihilation. They felt that the threat of nuclear war would end all wars.

Who's paying for all this "killing, mass murdering and rampaging" you maniacs are recommending? You guys don't have this kind of money thats for sure. I bet you don't have enough together for a single JDAM.

You guys want something positive to do? Go stop the oil from flowing into the worlds oceans and fu*ing up the world. Check back in after you've fixed that and we'll talk later about eating KimChee and broiled dog rations and murdering millions of innocent women and children as a matter of convenience to make you guys happy although I suspect my views on it won't change.

Who's paying for all this "killing, mass murdering and rampaging" you maniacs are recommending? You guys don't have this kind of money thats for sure. I bet you don't have enough together for a single JDAM.

You guys want something positive to do? Go stop the oil from flowing into the worlds oceans and fu*ing up the world. Check back in after you've fixed that and we'll talk later about eating KimChee and broiled dog rations and murdering millions of innocent women and children as a matter of convenience to make you guys happy although I suspect my views on it won't change.

You gotta break some eggs to make an omelet. N.Korea could be a theme-park attraction. Disney could buy the rights, and finance the war. You've got to think bigger, Bill. Disappointing.

We can use all of the bodies to soak up oil in the gulf, and anybody left alive down there, well, we'll tell them they won the war and make them work as cashiers at Dineyland Korea. They'll never know the difference.

Edited by rob

I am not kidding.

This "government" thinks nothing of starving perhaps millions of their own people to build their military, just sank a military vessel, reportedly unprovoked, of a UN member state, and have tested at least one nuclear weapon, not to mention countless medium and long range ballistic missiles. Their nuclear program continues unabated and without UN inspections.

UN sanctions have not worked to bring this rogue nation into the fold of the globalized society. 6 party talks have consistently failed. The entire populace is brainwashed into a cult of personality. Echoes of WWII...

We need to nip this shit in the bud, ASAP, before they make the first move. Kim Jong Ill is a war lover, who models himself after Hitler. War lovers go to war. Blast them, specifically their military and nuclear installations. Otherwise they will push the world into WWIV.

this government thinks nothing of starving its people so let's kill everybody? there is some logic for you.

And as far as I know they haven't really gone to war in the last 50 years.

It doesn't mean that nothing should be done like pressuring the Chinese into doing something about it, and there are certainly ways to do that.

Nuking N Korea would be an instantaneous, cost effect solution. It wouldn't cost us a thing, save the very same excess nuclear inventory we're trying to figure out how to retire anyway. Our older, dirtier warheads would do the job AND retire themselves in one shot.

There would be some public grumbling, but most of the world would be quietly glad we removed this thorn from everyone's side.

Finally, such a strike would represent an unprecedented and effective real world test and display of our nuclear capability. I'd wager that Russia, China, Iran, and others would pay more careful attention to our needs afterwards.

After the place cooled down a bit, the Chinese would take advantage of the extra lebensraum and set up a few toy factories. They'd secretly be happy, too.

You gotta break some eggs to make an omelet. N.Korea could be a theme-park attraction. Disney could buy the rights, and finance the war. You've got to think bigger, Bill. Disappointing.

We can use all of the bodies to soak up oil in the gulf, and anybody left alive down there, well, we'll tell them they won the war and make them work as cashiers at Dineyland Korea. They'll never know the difference.

I don't know about all that. However, put yourself in the administrations shoes. We already have our hands full, and have angered and alienated a lot of our allies from our earlier Bush admin actions. We're still up to our asses in pissed off friends. So let me help you out if you are thinking along that vein, wouldn't you want it someplace warm? Someplace where it would make a difference? Someplace where we already have troops very close? Maybe someplace with oil as well? Of strategic importance? Maybe it's already in (slow) motion? N. Korea is damn cold. The Chosin River freezes early and stays frozen assed solid for a long time. The frozen Chosin. Like to −35 °F frozen. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Chosin_Reservoir

Here: broaden your horizons and I'll give you some hints. Best part, you get a 2 for 1 in that you can drill someplace where a spill could be easy to clean up and not such a catastrophe when it occurs, and it will help pay for the F*%ked up disaster we'll inevitably create.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3891781,00.html

"Iran says can destroy Israel in week

Ahmadinejad's chief of staff says if Israel attacks, 'Zionists will have no longer than week to live'

Dudi Cohen

Published: 05.20.10, 11:10 / Israel News

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's chief of staff, Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei, said Wednesday that if Israel attacked Iran it would be destroyed within a week.

Speaking at a political conference of ultra-conservatives in Iran's north, Mashaei said, "If the Zionist regime attacks Iran, the Zionists will have no longer than a week to live."

The semi-official Fars news agency quoted him as saying that the Islamic Republic would destroy Israel "in less than 10 days".

Mashaei, who was also formerly a vice president, added that new sanctions to be imposed on Iran for its nuclear program would only harm Western countries.

The statesman is considered a close affiliate of the Iranian president and has previously caused a stir by

saying that Iran was "a friend of the Israeli people". He later retracted this statement and issued a contrary one saying Israel should be destroyed.

On a visit to Saudi Arabia Mashaei claimed that the annihilation of Israel should be a global goal. He told Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir that "the corrupt and criminal Zionist regime is harming not only the Arab and Islamic world, but all of humanity."

BIGGER FISH AND EGGS TO FRY?

Obama starts massive US Air-Sea-Marine build-up opposite Iran

May 20, 2010, 2:20 PM (GMT+02:00)

Tags: US-Iran Aircraft carriers

USS Truman carrier

A US Carrier Strike Group headed by the Harry S. Truman sails out of Norfolk, Virginia Friday, May 21, as the first element of a new American military buildup in the Middle East, determined by President Barack Obama. It will reach peak level of four-to-five aircraft carriers, most stationed opposite Iranian shores, in late July.

This is reported by debkafile's military sources.

In case anyone missed it. Our President had given them until the start of the year to talk. Thats 5 months ago, Jan 2010. The line in the sand was crossed, yet still we talk. Rob, guess what important event occurs in July? It's a new US munition.

.......Guess what it is. July. Hint: munitions. new. big.

THINK 4 B'S LINK

July 2010 summation: - "BIGGER BUNKER BUSTING" (AKA in McCain speak, Bomb bomb bomb Iran.) A bunker busting bomb approx 20 times larger than our biggest one currently, coincidently 360 (of the old ones) of which got shipped off to Diego Garcia just last month. Wonder why? Map and info re: Diego Garcia

413px-Strait_of_hormuz.jpg

Iran has the entire waterway covered with a supersonic shore to ship missile that has a range of 180 miles and would put our entire fleet under the water within seconds. The strait of Hormuz is @ 150 across, they have it covered. We have some secret projects in space which might or might now work against them, but these missiles are in near impregnable bunkers in Iran lining the ocean.

For myself, I hope that the high level discussions with the Iranian leadership are fruitful, we should seek peace at all times. However, they have not been so far, and the Iranian rhetoric has been inflammatory, committed and escalating: and we are equally committed to Israel.

well, you guys really know how to present the nice side of our nation for the world to read. Sickos.

Hmmm, so they must be Democratic corporate nitwit regressive jackasses? Just trying for jb speak there. We should forever remember the words of Neville Chamberlain......

Obviously Iran torpedoed the s.korean ship in an effort to implicate N.Korea and distract us from stopping Iran's attempts at world domination.

It's very similar to Israel masterminding 9/11 and blaming it on the arabs, or Roosevelt allowing pearl harbor to be attacked by the japanese. It's all coming full circle.

We've been saving the world long enough. If someone's got a problem with us, I say we kick 'em in the balls and knock them onto the ground and give them a curbie. Then they can't bite our dick while we mouth-fuck them.