Vaccinate Your Kids, Eh.

JayB

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup.

Just finished "Autism's False Prohpets," by Paul Offit, M.D.

Great guide to understanding how this particular wave of idiocy got started, and for pwning any anti-vaccination tards that you encounter.

Worth noting that Vashon Island and Ashland, Oregon boast some of the lowest vaccination rates in the developed world.

Quite an amazing ideological convergence between the mothers of 1930's Appalachia and high-end organo-mom's with college degrees or higher today. Breast feed way past the time when your kids have teeth and walk on their own, shun vaccination, etc, etc, etc.

And they just don't believe it when government officials like Karen Waters say vaccines don't cause autism.

"It is wrapped up in their attitudes about government," Waters says. "I don't think they think I'm the enemy. I think they think I'm well-intended but misinformed."

Not very surprising when virtually the entire media and right wing wage a 40 year long anti-government propaganda campaign. You can't spread lies about an essential institution like government forever without nasty blowback. We also won't discuss how the perennial anti-intellectualism/anti-science of the right wing and corporations contributes to folks distrusting scientists.

Not very surprising when virtually the entire media and right wing wage a 40 year long anti-government propaganda campaign. You can't spread lies about an essential institution like government forever without nasty blowback. We also won't discuss how the perennial anti-intellectualism/anti-science of the right wing and corporations contributes to folks distrusting scientists.

I know plenty of liberals who despite appearing otherwise normal, distrust vaccinations as "anti-natural" and thus not good. You seem to see everything in the world in a right wing/left wing polarity viewpoint that doesn't exist in reality. That somehow this is only a right wing issue is just not true, it crosses the divide.

http://thestatsblog.wordpress.com/2009/10/20/anti-vaccination-a-left-wing-disease/

I didn't say what you infer I said. I am entirely willing to concede that regressive propaganda about the state and science is having a big effect across the political spectrum. Just consider how many self-proclaimed liberals mouth regressive talking points about "big government" and "nanny state".

Yup.

Just finished "Autism's False Prohpets," by Paul Offit, M.D.

Great guide to understanding how this particular wave of idiocy got started, and for pwning any anti-vaccination tards that you encounter.

Worth noting that Vashon Island and Ashland, Oregon boast some of the lowest vaccination rates in the developed world.

Quite an amazing ideological convergence between the mothers of 1930's Appalachia and high-end organo-mom's with college degrees or higher today. Breast feed way past the time when your kids have teeth and walk on their own, shun vaccination, etc, etc, etc.

Ironic considering how retarded both groups are.

And they just don't believe it when government officials like Karen Waters say vaccines don't cause autism.

"It is wrapped up in their attitudes about government," Waters says. "I don't think they think I'm the enemy. I think they think I'm well-intended but misinformed."

I'm just surprised you didn't implicate Karl Rove here. You're slipping, my friend.

I'm just surprised you didn't implicate Karl Rove here. You're slipping, my friend.

Why should I bring up Rove when decredibilizing government to privatize everything and deregulate all economic activities has been the number 1 conservative strategy for 30 years?