what will the angry right do with their mandate?

Hugh Conway

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liberal agenda? where? Obama isn't a liberal; neither are the pro-corporate pols he chose to staff his administration with or the blue dogs who control the legislative process......

I don't know why you're complaining jb, he got us out of Iraq, finally established the long overdue Energy policy for the country and closed Guantanamo and he seems like a nice guy. I'm really proud that the head cheese is literate and intelligent again. Even the colleges seem to sense it. President Obamas major campaign contributors: "The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organization's PAC, its individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families."

University of California $1,591,395

Goldman Sachs $994,795

Harvard University $854,747

Microsoft Corp $833,617

Google Inc $803,436

Citigroup Inc $701,290

JPMorgan Chase & Co $695,132

Time Warner $590,084

Sidley Austin LLP $588,598

Stanford University $586,557

National Amusements Inc $551,683

UBS AG $543,219

Wilmerhale Llp $542,618

Skadden, Arps et al $530,839

IBM Corp $528,822

Columbia University $528,302

Morgan Stanley $514,881

General Electric $499,130

US Government $494,820

Latham & Watkins $493,835

Source

In fact they report that the greater amount of his campaign funding came from lawyers and retired people at 43 million and 42 million respectively.

University of California $1,591,395

Goldman Sachs $994,795

Harvard University $854,747

Microsoft Corp $833,617

Google Inc $803,436

Citigroup Inc $701,290

JPMorgan Chase & Co $695,132

Time Warner $590,084

Sidley Austin LLP $588,598

Stanford University $586,557

National Amusements Inc $551,683

UBS AG $543,219

Wilmerhale Llp $542,618

Skadden, Arps et al $530,839

IBM Corp $528,822

Columbia University $528,302

Morgan Stanley $514,881

General Electric $499,130

US Government $494,820

Latham & Watkins $493,835

HEY, THE SYSTEM WORKS!!!

I'm already with you (philosophically) on gay marriage, although I don't believe it's necessarily an equal protection issue. I would like to see it passed into law by a vote of the enlightened/fair minded and not ordered by the courts. I'm leaning toward j_b/Prole on tighter banking controls too. I couldn't give a fuck about exec pay and bonuses, but no bank should be "too big to fail"--or indescribable from a loan shark operation. Break the big ones apart TR/Taft style. But you can forget about universal government health care and should reevaluate how you define liberal values. I remain convinced that allowing government into our collective asses is a bad idea.

I remain convinced that allowing government into our collective asses is a bad idea.

I'd rather take my chances of getting fucked by the government than by Corporate Insurance America, who I know definitly won't have the common courtesy to give us a reach-around.

you guys lose one friggin' race and you're all overwrought one day later.

talk about insecurity :grlaf:

I've gotta agree with you. What's with the "oh, we'll just roll over and wait for the new guy to deal with Healthcare" pablum BS? They've got a filibuster proof majority for two weeks, ram that sucker through and tell the Republicans to fuck off. Lose one battle and give up? How about a little leadership instead. Harry Reid is likely going down the next election anyway, he should stop being a coward and get something done.

I've gotta agree with you. What's with the "oh, we'll just roll over and wait for the new guy to deal with Healthcare" pablum BS? They've got a filibuster proof majority for two weeks, ram that sucker through and tell the Republicans to fuck off. Lose one battle and give up? How about a little leadership instead. Harry Reid is likely going down the next election anyway, he should stop being a coward and get something done.

all puns aside, since johnson got out, democrats have all been pussies :)

lbj no doubt woulda been right w/ you off

i imagine the bottom line is a ton of dems were looking for an excuse to bail out already...

True enough. Did Gingrich worry about not ramming shit through for the "Contract" in '94? Sack up, Dems. How the minority party feels is (mostly) irrelevant.

OMFG, I would love it if they tried to do this! The Dems have been hesitant all along because 84% of the American public has some form of coverage and are gonna be pissed off if they have to pay more for less.

all puns aside, since johnson got out, democrats have all been pussies :)

lbj no doubt woulda been right w/ you off

i imagine the bottom line is a ton of dems were looking for an excuse to bail out already...

Hell yeah! I mean Johnson was right on about Vietna...oh...well...

Hell yeah! I mean Johnson was right on about Vietna...oh...well...

sun can't shine on the same dog's ass every day :) reckon he made the right call on voting right though...

who's the last dem to go after his oppoents like this?

lbj_close_talker.jpg

why the fuck can't reid try this technique on for style? :)

nytjohnson02.jpg