Compare & Contrast

Peter_Puget

How does it work? Taiwan's new health system extended insurance to the 40 percent of the population that lacked it while actually decreasing the growth of health care spending. The Taiwanese can see any doctor without a referral. Every citizen has a smart card, which is used to store his or her medical history and bill the national insurer. The system also helps public health officials monitor standards and effect policy changes nationwide. Thanks to this use of technology and the country's single insurer, Taiwan's health care system has the lowest administrative costs in the world.

The card has only 22kb of storage available - well 32kb but 22kb all that is used now. (Give me a guess how much memory a mri requires)

Check out these links:

link1

link 2 see page 2

You are clearly suggesting that the Taiwan system is more advanced that it is. The cards have limited info and there are still significant barriers to information holders sharing data seamlessly.

You also ignore the cost containment issues.

Um...you don't need to store one's medical history on the card itself to have cardkey access to it. We realize that such technological wonders may continue to baffle you, however.

Another revelation: that little man on TV? He's not actually IN THE BOX.

Now back to our regularly scheduled 25 person medical billing department...

Edited by tvashtarkatena

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does it work? Taiwan's new health system extended insurance to the 40 percent of the population that lacked it while actually decreasing the growth of health care spending. The Taiwanese can see any doctor without a referral. Every citizen has a smart card, which is used to store his or her medical history and bill the national insurer. The system also helps public health officials monitor standards and effect policy changes nationwide. Thanks to this use of technology and the country's single insurer, Taiwan's health care system has the lowest administrative costs in the world.

The card has only 22kb of storage available - well 32kb but 22kb all that is used now. (Give me a guess how much memory a mri requires)

Check out these links:

link1

link 2 see page 2

You are clearly suggesting that the Taiwan system is more advanced that it is. The cards have limited info and there are still significant barriers to information holders sharing data seamlessly.

Um...you don't need to store one's medical history on the card itself to have cardkey access to it. We realize that such technological wonders may continue to baffle you, however.

Reading comprehension is still a challenge for you Tvash....hopefully the emphasis above will help.........the claim was that the card "stored" the medical info clearly false....I addressed your point (card key access) as well.....

Check out these links:

link1

link 2 see page 2

Reading comprehension is still a challenge for you Tvash....hopefully the emphasis above will help.........the claim was that the card "stored" the medical info clearly false....I addressed your point (card key access) as well.....

...and then there are people who put their full faith in the expertise of journalists...LULZ!

Interesting, Jon, that your comment went one direction but not the other. Not at all effective, but interesting.

fucking-a. tvash generally observes the golden rule of tit-for-tat. peter was no doubt fishing for the insult, given his preceding zinger :)

what's the line from the last act of hamlet? "they bleed on both sides!"

course, then they all fucking die...

This is why I chose to be a dungbeetle on this site.

Hey jon, how about setting up an app that only allows three or four posts per sprayer per day?

Consider it a contribution to the health of climbers.

Most climbers don't venture south of the Mason Dixon line here.

It's true, I don't suffer idiocy with much consideration. PP's posts, for example, provide a target rich environment, but I only respond to a fraction of them, really.

If you were any fucking dumber, Peter, you'd have to choose between breathing and digestion.

Thanks for reminding me how nice it was without you around here acting like a fucking fuckwad prick all the time.

Because things are oh so pleasant when Peter Puget acts like a fuckwad prick? PP has had the same doucheing trolling schtick for as long as Spray's been around.

If you were any fucking dumber, Peter, you'd have to choose between breathing and digestion.

Thanks for reminding me how nice it was without you around here acting like a fucking fuckwad prick all the time.

Because things are oh so pleasant when Peter Puget acts like a fuckwad prick? PP has had the same doucheing trolling schtick for as long as Spray's been around.

pp trolls. how terrible. :rolleyes:

Let us know when you and Tvash are done going through menopause.