kevbone

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A moon with exposed liquid water would not be found orbiting a gas giant beyond the frost line. I mean, geeeez, come on. :rolleyes: This was almost as bad as Apocalypto's solar eclipse followed later in the evening by a full moon! :wazup:

Yes...but imagine Apocalyto in well executed iMax 3D! Heads flying out in the audience, etc......

I went with low expectations...and while the script is shart, I found it to be enjoyable visually. although, the best 3D implementation I've seen todate was the Weird Al Human Brain thing at the Puyallup Fair. with that one you were literally ducking (esp when he shoots his brain juice at you).

http://io9.com/5426120/did-prog-rocks-greatest-artist-inspire-avatar-all-signs-point-to-yes/

A moon with exposed liquid water would not be found orbiting a gas giant beyond the frost line.

Yeah, that totally blew the plausibility for me too.

The opening scene spaceship's control console clearly indicated that the gas giant was well within the frost line DUH.

JAMES CAMERON DOES NOT FUCK AROUND!!!!!!!

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND GAS GIANTS DON'T ORBIT MAIN SEQUENCE STARS INSIDE THE FROST LINE THEIR HYDROGEN COMPOUNDS ARE BLOWN OUT INTO SPACE JAMES CAMERON IS THE SAME MUTHERFUCKER WHO FORCED ME TO SIT THROUGH 3 HOURS OF KATE WINSLETT AND LEONARDS DECAPRICO!!! FUCK AVATAR AND LIKE THOSE ISLANDS COULD REALLY DEFY GRAVITY I MEAN WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT WAS IT EM, STRONG FORCE, WEAK FORCE OR WHAT HE NEVER FUCKING EXPLAINS IT EXCEPT IT IS SOME MYTHICAL VORTEX GIMME A FUCKING BREAK AND THIS IS THE 23RD CENTURY AREN'T THEY SUPPOSED TO BE USING LAZER BEAMS AND SHIT THEY'RE STILL USING BULLETS FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

JAMES CAMERON IS THE SAME MUTHERFUCKER WHO FORCED ME TO SIT THROUGH 3 HOURS OF KATE WINSLETT !

and you got to see her great big giant golden globes too for a good 2 minutes so what are you bitching about!?! adn in a pg-13 flick firkrisakes!

i sense there was no such delectable boobie in this film though, no?

On the other hand, Inglorious Basterds was a magnificent recreation of actual historic events exactly as they happened and I thought it was an incredible cinematic experience. Quentin truly outdid himself.

are you going to force the bear-jew to come out of retirement to deal w/ you?

A moon with exposed liquid water would not be found orbiting a gas giant beyond the frost line.

Yeah, that totally blew the plausibility for me too.

The opening scene spaceship's control console clearly indicated that the gas giant was well within the frost line DUH.

JAMES CAMERON DOES NOT FUCK AROUND!!!!!!!

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND GAS GIANTS DON'T ORBIT MAIN SEQUENCE STARS INSIDE THE FROST LINE THEIR HYDROGEN COMPOUNDS ARE BLOWN OUT INTO SPACE JAMES CAMERON IS THE SAME MUTHERFUCKER WHO FORCED ME TO SIT THROUGH 3 HOURS OF KATE WINSLETT AND LEONARDS DECAPRICO!!! FUCK AVATAR AND LIKE THOSE ISLANDS COULD REALLY DEFY GRAVITY I MEAN WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT WAS IT EM, STRONG FORCE, WEAK FORCE OR WHAT HE NEVER FUCKING EXPLAINS IT EXCEPT IT IS SOME MYTHICAL VORTEX GIMME A FUCKING BREAK AND THIS IS THE 23RD CENTURY AREN'T THEY SUPPOSED TO BE USING LAZER BEAMS AND SHIT THEY'RE STILL USING BULLETS FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

DOOD, stick to bravery and leave the science to grownups:

Extrasolar Planets

Almost all of these are gas giants, many within the frost line, and most orbit main sequence stars. Why: big planets orbiting close to stars are easier to detect, and surveys have concentrated on main sequence stars.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I don't see it. The frost line for type M stars (much of your list) is very close in, so it shouldn't be surprising that the tight orbits of large exo-planets (presumably gas giants) around red dwarfs is physically allowed. Unless the models have changed or been discredited by direct observation (which is certainly possible) since I took a course on stellar evolution about 3 years ago, I think we're talking past each other here.

leave the science to grownups:

:rolleyes: Just when I start to believe it might be possible to have a civil conversation you go and say something dumb. Too bad.

So the Mrs really wants to go see Avitar this weekend. I think we have been to 2 movies at the theater in the past 8 years. All I've heard here is it really sucks. I did not read this whole thread but what is the majority opinion on this flick. Worth the $25 it's gonna end up costing for the two of us?

the story line was geared towards a simpleton and seemed very predictable. In fact, that is what makes GSpotters copy of the written notations rendition above so funny to me. It just cracked me up again!

In that case, maybe I will like it. I think I'm just simple, not quite smart enough to be a simpleton, yet. Maybe Avitar will get me there?

So the Mrs really wants to go see Avitar this weekend. I think we have been to 2 movies at the theater in the past 8 years. All I've heard here is it really sucks. I did not read this whole thread but what is the majority opinion on this flick. Worth the $25 it's gonna end up costing for the two of us?

It's worth the $25 to do something your wife really wants to do, ya cheapskate.

Is anyone ever going to fix the fucking quote thing on this POS?

Cut your spray time in half and apply yourself to helping fix the "quote thing".

It's not just for grownups anymore.

Shit. We would probably be able to view Avatar in 3D in spray if you did that for one year.

It's worth the $25 to do something your wife really wants to do, ya cheapskate.

If I weren't so broke now, the $ would not be an issue. Less about the $ as it is wasting 3 hours on a crappy movie.

Is anyone ever going to fix the fucking quote thing on this POS?

Cut your spray time in half and apply yourself to helping fix the "quote thing".

It's not just for grownups anymore.

Shit. We would probably be able to view Avatar in 3D in spray if you did that for one year.

Sorry. just redid the website, now redoing the home office and fucking around with a new iPhone. Tech team, as sorry as it is, is fully booked.