trip reports VS a regular climbing day

kevbone

What bothers him is that he's teeming with envy about Ivan getting out. He has to cut him down to size everytime. Kevbone never has anything positive to say about Ivan's climbing. Make weak-ass comments about how much time he spends with his family? None of your business. Grow up. Reminds me of the teenagers i work with. Step on another to make yourself feel higher.

I love reading Ivan's TR's, in my opinion he's a good writer. Lots of humour in his writing and the guy sacks up. Much more than i can say about the guy starting this thread. He thinks a 15 foot fall is a huge whipper. Keep Ivan's TR just as is.

JL

Whatever dude. If you post your every move on the Internet…as far as I am concerned…. you are fair game.

If you cant take the heat…maybe you should not post in the first place. Just a thought.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spray is more like bs talk around the campfire. The only difference is you might have folks at the campfire that you normally wouldn't have at or invite to the campfire.

TRs are usually stories about climbing. Yep writing styles can vary with users. At the very least they provide interested people with: route information, current conditions, or a source to questions about those things.

Really good TRs have pictures too. If you don't have time or don't like the writing you can just look at pictures.

Perhaps Kevbone would be happier if there was a way to post TRs in Spray searchable like the real TRs. Of course if I'm searching real TRs I want to exclude the Spray TRs. I'd really like to exclude Spray TRs by Kevbone.

Spray is more like bs talk around the campfire. The only difference is you might have folks at the campfire that you normally wouldn't have at or invite to the campfire.

TRs are usually stories about climbing. Yep writing styles can vary with users. At the very least they provide interested people with: route information, current conditions, or a source to questions about those things.

Really good TRs have pictures too. If you don't have time or don't like the writing you can just look at pictures.

Perhaps Kevbone would be happier if there was a way to post TRs in Spray searchable like the real TRs. Of course if I'm searching real TRs I want to exclude the Spray TRs. I'd really like to exclude Spray TRs by Kevbone.

Could you guys configure the server to dump all Boners posts into his very own "special" forum? Something analogous to /dev/null?

the impetus ( here you go kev ;) ) behind this thread was my asking Kev to stop declaring in a given thread when a post outside of spray met whatever his criteria is for spray. i asked him to leave that decision to the moderators. the reason being is that just by making this declaration he was redirecting the conversation to a kevbone induced shitstorm, and his observation had nothing to do with the topic at hand. sometimes spray does happen outside of spray, but it is not up to kev to make the call when it is or not.

the impetus ( here you go kev ;) ) behind this thread was my asking Kev to stop declaring in a given thread when a post outside of spray met whatever his criteria is for spray. i asked him to leave that decision to the moderators. the reason being is that just by making this declaration he was redirecting the conversation to a kevbone induced shitstorm, and his observation had nothing to do with the topic at hand. sometimes spray does happen outside of spray, but it is not up to kev to make the call when it is or not.

Bravo, Porker. I'm glad you paddled Kevy's little bum brain over his repeated (and endless) inappropriate determinations of spray in discussions outside of Spray.

Bravo, Porker. I'm glad you paddled Kevy's little bum brain over his repeated (and endless) inappropriate determinations of spray in discussions outside of Spray.

You are the high and might and holier than thou that is able to make the appropriate determanation of spray now arent ya?

You should stop and read the spew you write.

What, did this site suddenly suffer from too much climbing content and I haven't been paying attention?

Talking about ones self is spray. IMO.

Yeah, in your opinion, but I gotta call bullshit on this. Slacker chic is a bunch of crap: don't stick out above the herd, the only way to brag is by being humble, act as if you don't care about anything. TR's are just first person stories by people engaged in this odd hobby most of us share. I don't really care how significant an ascent is, or whether it's about a great day at your home crag or what you learned about body position and ignoring young women that finally let you send the pink and blue tape problem, I just like the diversion of a tale told well on a subject that interests me.

If you don't like TR's, don't read 'em. If you think you're so uninteresting that no one could possibly enjoy sampling a slice of your climbing life, don't write 'em. Just don't be giving anyone grief over telling climbing stories.

Ivan's TR's are great. full value and funny as hell. I wish there was one for Jensens Ridge as that offwidth has me worried.

ah, just to piss of the boner, i have two!

and an even bigger offwidth up there as a variation

jensen's rimbjob

i always figured since i've actually climbed w/ you b4 kev that i shouldn't jump on the dogpiles that routinely from ontop of you - should i take your complaint as an encouragement to end that policy? what the fuck do you care what i write? why don't you go play w/ your kids instead of reading my weak boogie shit if it offends you? :crazy:

When you consider all of the non-climbing related material (ie, bullshit) you post in non-spray forums (don't make me go drag some rants about Beacon into this:-) Then it's a bullshit claim you make Kev.

Just don't be giving anyone grief over telling climbing stories cause that's why we're all here!

fixed that quote off,..we're here for that and the pictures:-)

What, did this site suddenly suffer from too much climbing content and I haven't been paying attention?

Talking about ones self is spray. IMO.

Yeah, in your opinion, but I gotta call bullshit on this. Slacker chic is a bunch of crap: don't stick out above the herd, the only way to brag is by being humble, act as if you don't care about anything. TR's are just first person stories by people engaged in this odd hobby most of us share. I don't really care how significant an ascent is, or whether it's about a great day at your home crag or what you learned about body position and ignoring young women that finally let you send the pink and blue tape problem, I just like the diversion of a tale told well on a subject that interests me.

If you don't like TR's, don't read 'em. If you think you're so uninteresting that no one could possibly enjoy sampling a slice of your climbing life, don't write 'em. Just don't be giving anyone grief over telling climbing stories.

Well said, OW!

The best part of this site are the TRs.